P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Same here and when out shopping especially in Barnsley on a cold winters day ,

there was nowt better than going into their indoor market upstairs for Oldfields 

pie and peas ,served in a deep pudding dish ,swamped in mushy peas 🥰😋

Cafes like that are far and few between these days ,closest I get to anything like

is a pub meal steak and ale pie .

Pie and mushy pies in a dish is a street food in Australia, they call it a pie floater and the pies down there are great some of the best I ever tasted.

I remember Billy Connolly having one in Sydney on his T V program years ago.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,in Italy when broadbeans (fave) are in season the locals stand at the bar popping the beans and eating them.Not a great lover of mushy peas but they stay hot longer than garden on the plate,lol.Bro.

I'll eat garden peas hot, cold or raw. However mushy peas are a different matter entirely. Now don't get me wrong bro,  I like them, but my digestive system has other ideas, to put it delicately🥴

Sis

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Thanks for that. Just had a look at the menu and it does sound very nice, smaller portions on some as well. Birthday coming up in Oct so I will have to get to work on hubby see if we can have a change from Miller & Carter.

DH said to tell you to avoid the ham and eggs because he has had it twice and the ham was fatty both times.

Okay, so not peas, but how do you fancy this 'delicacy'?

Sky Princess is currently in Charlottetown, Prince Edward island and so I decided to try the Canadian speciality of poutine, which should be curd cheese and gravy over chips! I had the (slightly) healthier version over a jacket potato.

I managed half. Once and done but it was tasty enough.

PXL_20240928_1429016262.thumb.jpg.9286822d433e2cb99dc3302eec92f056.jpg

• Like 3

Charlottetown was nice enough although we didn't go further than the town itself today. It became swamped with folk once the Norwegian Joy allowed their passengers to disembark, but fortunately this was as we were ready to return to the ship.

PXL_20240928_1939221062.thumb.jpg.9bf2cb5633c5da5e12f5d1f8e4a3bbbc.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Charlottetown was nice enough although we didn't go further than the town itself today. It became swamped with folk once the Norwegian Joy allowed their passengers to disembark, but fortunately this was as we were ready to return to the ship.

PXL_20240928_1939221062.thumb.jpg.9bf2cb5633c5da5e12f5d1f8e4a3bbbc.jpg

We walked today out from Charlottetown to Victoria Park to the Canon Battery and then back into town. I have picked up a head cold but managed to buy some cold and flu tablets in town so hopefully will alleviate the symptoms somewhat.

35 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We walked today out from Charlottetown to Victoria Park to the Canon Battery and then back into town. I have picked up a head cold but managed to buy some cold and flu tablets in town so hopefully will alleviate the symptoms somewhat.

Ah, well today I have started with a chesty cough and hope it doesn't develop further. Hope your medication does the trick for you.