P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Overnight I've become an auntie again.  My niece who was 12 days late has had a little boy called Archie who has weighed in at 8lbs 9ozs.  He has arrived into the world looking like he's gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and currently has lots of bruising and swollen eyes, however he apparently announced his arrival most vociferously and we are relieved to hear that apart from his somewhat traumatic entry all will be fine and the bruises should fade fairly quickly.

In other news after four months of trying I've finally found someone to mend the broken tiles around my chimney. The bad news is he's scheduled to complete the work on Thursday ... judging by the weather forecast for Hurricane Kirk I doubt it will happen! 

• Like 14

A very quiet morning here too,so just chilling with a cuppa and catching up on 

this weeks papers . I see that the powers that be are going to set up a carbon

capture thingy up in the N E and is a bit expensive to operate . We in South Yorkshire

also have a system that does that ,it is called a tree ?🤔

Back to this peace and quiet , I wonder how long before folk are setting off fireworks

as we get nearer to bonfire night ?

Anyway all have a peaceful Sunday and take care 🙂

• Like 9

Morning all,

A dull and damp day here, but still fairly mild at 14c.

Feeling a bit rough after all my injections yesterday. My right arm is giving more gyp than the left!

No plans for today except cooking a roast for dinner.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

• Like 7

Morning all, I had my  you know what jab on Thursday. Very well organised, I was in and out before my appointment time! Friday though I felt bleugh! Not ill but my arm ached so much I had trouble sleeping. Glad I didn’t go for my flu jab at the same time as it was John’s birthday yesterday and we went out to lunch with our son, his partner and our grandson.

This is my pudding! 

IMG_1880.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 8

On 10/4/2024 at 2:02 PM, Waju said:

How many have been here since the start

i have been here since before the dreaded you know what, so  well before this thread  started

Thinking back, wasn't it great then to have somewhere to just go in and chat and have a bit of a laugh with Kalos & Co.  I am sure it  helped get rid of some  'lockdown' blues.

Glad you are all still posting on the thread  and thanks mods for letting it stay  xx

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Overnight I've become an auntie again.  My niece who was 12 days late has had a little boy called Archie who has weighed in at 8lbs 9ozs.  He has arrived into the world looking like he's gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and currently has lots of bruising and swollen eyes, however he apparently announced his arrival most vociferously and we are relieved to hear that apart from his somewhat traumatic entry all will be fine and the bruises should fade fairly quickly.

In other news after four months of trying I've finally found someone to mend the broken tiles around my chimney. The bad news is he's scheduled to complete the work on Thursday ... judging by the weather forecast for Hurricane Kirk I doubt it will happen! 

Congratulations on the birth of baby Archie.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, I had my  you know what jab on Thursday. Very well organised, I was in and out before my appointment time! Friday though I felt bleugh! Not ill but my arm ached so much I had trouble sleeping. Glad I didn’t go for my flu jab at the same time as it was John’s birthday yesterday and we went out to lunch with our son, his partner and our grandson.

This is my pudding! 

IMG_1880.jpeg

Happy birthday to your husband John.

Sorry to hear about your vaccine discomfort Sue.

I had both vaccines on Thursday and slept all day Friday and had a temperature.

Only slight discomfort still in both arms at the injection sites.

• Like 3

The gas man arrived and spent over 2 hours trying to sort out the Hive heating controller including putting a new one in place, all to no avail.  He then spoke to someone at BG and they asked did we have Virgin wifi, yes we do.  Apparently Virgin wifi and the Hive controllers have stopped being friendly since Virgin made some software updates recently and it has caused an intermittent problem with Hive so as a temporary measure he has made some changes so that they no longer talk to each other in our house and we are back to changing the temperature on the boiler if we want a greenhouse effect in the house.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Apparently Virgin wifi and the Hive controllers have stopped being friendly since Virgin made some software updates recently and it has caused an intermittent problem with Hive so as a temporary measure he has made some changes so that they no longer talk to each other in our house 

Are our lives gradually being ruled by our apliances and their petty squabbles?😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Are our lives gradually being ruled by our apliances and their petty squabbles?😁

Avril

I agree Avril, I just wish that someone would give me something to do everything that I need them to do without wanting to interact with other appliance.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Technology is dominated by two types of people:.......

Those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand. I'm keeping up with it thanks to my trusty Nokia33-10.

Even the daughter was impressed with my cordless garden bush trimmer .

Or better known as.... "Cutting Hedge Technology " 🙃

• Haha 2