P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did, we were so luck with the weather. We had to wait 45 minutes for our cases after our call to disembark, all our pink 2 cases were allegedly out but ours were not there, there were many others waiting too. About half an hour later some of them started coming off the ship. I assume some must have got blocked in within the hold. It was a bit manic with one or two frayed tempers showing through. We were home for 16:00 so pretty much on schedule. I had put on 2lb although my trousers suggested more and we certainly ate more than usual. Only one load of washing as we have reached the heady heights of elite so most of our washing was done onboard.

Yes really enjoyed the cruise and the weather gods were certainly with us. We are Platinum level but may be Elite next cruise after I read that Princess cruises taken between 1st August and 1st December will collect double night amount I.e. our 31 nights could qualify for 62 but we’ll see if it materialises or not.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did, we were so luck with the weather. We had to wait 45 minutes for our cases after our call to disembark, all our pink 2 cases were allegedly out but ours were not there, there were many others waiting too. About half an hour later some of them started coming off the ship. I assume some must have got blocked in within the hold. It was a bit manic with one or two frayed tempers showing through. We were home for 16:00 so pretty much on schedule. I had put on 2lb although my trousers suggested more and we certainly ate more than usual. Only one load of washing as we have reached the heady heights of elite so most of our washing was done onboard.

We fared better than you and @Splice the mainbrace.  DH prefers to self-disembark and therefore we were first off the ship around 6.45 am, and driving off from the car park at 7.00 am.  We used parking4cruises for the first time ever as there was a big difference between them and CPS price-wise and were very happy with their service.  Drove the 240 miles home non-stop, and despite a few slow sections, we were home by 11.15 am.

Unlike the pair of you however, our cases remain largely untouched but I will soon face the loathed task of unpacking my cases - I have 2 and DH just 1.  But first, I need to plan the week's menus as I appear to have ordered sufficient food in yesterday's Tesco delivery to keep us going for weeks!  Some will need to be frozen.

I agree we were so lucky with the weather, and, despite getting bronchitis on board, I also really enjoyed the cruise.  We have done self-touring holidays to many of the places before, but I am now considering another such touring holiday to the US to include a return to Rhode Island, which I was really taken with.  And I love putting together an itinerary!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We had flu and covid jabs yesterday at the local pharmacy. The very nice young Lady asked one arm, or 2. I went for the one arm procedure. It hurt a bit, but I didn't cry. No sticker .....again.

Some folk eh ? Don't worry we think you did very well🙂

Some folk use excuses like "but I don't like needles" but if they stop and think

about it a syringe without a needle is pointless🙃

To those who have sore arms after ,I bribed the nurse to stick the needle in my leg.

I had no sore arm but I spent the following day thinking “my Pfizer killing me”😉

Any way as you had no sticker last year ,we invite you to choose any two of the

ones below due to you being a very ,very brave lad .😀

image.jpeg.a552e1892f8d474d8bce8265de715137.jpeg Well done that man ..Have a good day !

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I have just had a visit from our friendly local councillor with a pile of leaflets for me to deliver about what he has been working on for us.  The good thing is that it is a dry day so I am going out to deliver some before I have to do the school run, I will deliver the rest tomorrow and Saturday.  He is the best councillor that we have ever had though my niece's friend who is a councillor says that he is always pushing for his area's needs to be ahead of everyone else's needs.

• Like 2

I'm feeling rather sad for my lovely DIL, whose elderly mare has just had to be put down.  She was 35, and had been with them for 30 years. The last year or so she shared a paddock with another elderly lady who died recently, and almost immediately she seemed to lose the will to carry on.  They had become best friends.  As my son and his wife do not have any children, the loss of a pet who had been such a big part of their lives is being felt deeply.

I think we are learning a lot more about animals recently, and their reactions and feelings, which are often very similar to our own.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Some folk eh ? Don't worry we think you did very well🙂

Some folk use excuses like "but I don't like needles" but if they stop and think

about it a syringe without a needle is pointless🙃

To those who have sore arms after ,I bribed the nurse to stick the needle in my leg.

I had no sore arm but I spent the following day thinking “my Pfizer killing me”😉

Any way as you had no sticker last year ,we invite you to choose any two of the

ones below due to you being a very ,very brave lad .😀

image.jpeg.a552e1892f8d474d8bce8265de715137.jpeg Well done that man ..Have a good day !

I'll have them all. I was VERY brave.

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all , I’ve been awake all night probably had 3 hours sleep, I must be excited or something 🌊🚢, we went out to dinner last night to our favourite restaurant and the meal they served up was huge so we have both suffered the consequences last night after being on diets and eating healthy for two months.

Watched the news that Liam Payne , from one direction has died after falling from a balcony, very sad news for all especially leaving behind his young son Bear 7 years old .

Have a good day all weather permitting.

IMG_8321.jpeg

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

Last night I was looking at my TV listings magazine for next week and had just read a little article that mentioned Liam Payne. The moment I finished reading it, my husband's news app on his iPad 'pinged' with the notification that Liam Payne had just died. So it seemed even more shocking.  A terrible thing to happen. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We have you know what.  Ten times worse than last time we can hardly put one foot in front of the other, 

take care everyone its still around and terrible      be back soon xx

Hope the dreaded Covid passes soon 

get-well-soon-cards-beautiful-bouquet-bunch-flowers-feel-better-soon-400x400.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We have you know what.  Ten times worse than last time we can hardly put one foot in front of the other, 

Sorry to hear this. 

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Take care of yourselves and try to rest, I always think that resting helps to heal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry to hear you feel so unwell plenty of rest take care

• Like 3

I had an interesting journey home this afternoon, my niece was going on about how some of her school friends have been crying most of the day because of the Liam Payne news.  Her history teacher walked into the classroom and said that he knew that Liam Payne had died but that was no reason for them to think that they could disrupt the people who wanted to learn about truely historical events.  Harsh but true I think.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

I'm feeling rather sad for my lovely DIL, whose elderly mare has just had to be put down.  She was 35, and had been with them for 30 years. The last year or so she shared a paddock with another elderly lady who died recently, and almost immediately she seemed to lose the will to carry on.  They had become best friends.  As my son and his wife do not have any children, the loss of a pet who had been such a big part of their lives is being felt deeply.

I think we are learning a lot more about animals recently, and their reactions and feelings, which are often very similar to our own.

I am so very sad to read this. It has been a truly awful time for the animals this week with so many sadly passing.  My friend visited today and her 18 year old cat is awaiting test results from a £1,000 scan to check her heart and kidneys.  It just shows how far we will go for our animals as they've cancelled their Lapland Christmas trip to ensure there's enough money just in case.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I had an interesting journey home this afternoon, my niece was going on about how some of her school friends have been crying most of the day because of the Liam Payne news.  Her history teacher walked into the classroom and said that he knew that Liam Payne had died but that was no reason for them to think that they could disrupt the people who wanted to learn about truely historical events.  Harsh but true I think.

DW said this morning Liam Payne's dead......who. Very sad I'm sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I haven’t tested for ‘you know what’ but have felt rough for ages.  We came back from a trip to Scotland almost three weeks ago and I felt rough but carried on, then we both had the jabs (one in each arm) but I was coughing like a good ‘un so the doctor gave me a five day course of antibiotics which worked really quickly.  I felt well again for all of three days and am now going downhill again 😷 my throat feels like I’m chewing razor blades and the cough is back!  Trouble is Mr Waju is now getting the tickle in his throat 😳😳

• Like 2

My neighbours and I had never even heard of Liam Payne, and were amazed that however wonderful he was, he made all the headlines rather than the state of the Middle East, or our own country's problems.  The same applies to all the stuff about Taylor Swift; surely they should just be on the bit at the end when the important stuff has been dealt with.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

My neighbours and I had never even heard of Liam Payne, and were amazed that however wonderful he was, he made all the headlines rather than the state of the Middle East, or our own country's problems.  The same applies to all the stuff about Taylor Swift; surely they should just be on the bit at the end when the important stuff has been dealt with.

To the young people who grew up with One Direction this is the big news and is important. One Direction are their Beatles.  Unfortunately Britain is obsessed with celebrity.  Schools around the country have expressed concern that blogger and celebrity are the most quoted career choices.  

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 7

@indiana123 - I’m sorry to hear you are both poorly and hope you feel better soon.

I remember seeing Liam Payne as a 16 year old on XFactor and joining the other lads to form One Direction. They were all so young and then after 5 meteoric years they split and at 21 he found his career over (but of course was a multi millionaire).
I’m not a fan of Cheryl Cole/Tweedy but I feel for her having to tell their 7 year old son that his Daddy has died.

I do agree that the news stations have all gone over the top with the news of his death tho…..

• Like 8

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Great to meet you both Phil.  We throughly enjoyed the cruise too.  We were lucky disembarking and only a minor delay for the last couple of coach passengers.

Blimey, I’ve only lurked (intermittently I hasten to add!) for 18 years (registered for 12) before finally posting….  

• Like 8

My youngest sister is trying to organise our monthly sisters lunch out, I can't  believe that I have had to remind her that half-term is the week after next so her suggested date needs to change unless we all want earache from our great niece who has decided that she takes her mum's place whenever possible since her mum passed away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, puddledpotter said:

Great to meet you both Phil.  We throughly enjoyed the cruise too.  We were lucky disembarking and only a minor delay for the last couple of coach passengers.

Blimey, I’ve only lurked (intermittently I hasten to add!) for 18 years (registered for 12) before finally posting….  

@puddledpotter can we assume from your name that you another Stokie on here ?