P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am beginning to feel more and more depressed as Bazrat keeps telling us how hot and sunny it is on his Caribbean cruise. About the only thing keeping  my spirits up,  is thinking just how cold and miserable he will be when he returns.😉😇

We just got back from a few days in Torquay. Wet and cold and windy. We thought ' those poor folk in the Caribbean will be wishing they could have weather like this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I was just going to say the same Avril 😁

On Iona a chap was wearing the same clothes all week. He should be able to change his outfit a few times. He probably earned a few quid as Captain.🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Ladies let me enlighten you all, we men rarely, if ever, look to see if your shoes match your frock, and never remember if we saw you wearing the same pair before. In fact we men are so poor at observing clothes, that it would be unlikely we would realise if you wore the same frock every night.😉

Speak for yourself John.

I have been trained to admire nice shoes and dresses.😇😃

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Speak for yourself John.

I have been trained to admire nice shoes and dresses.😇😃

Graham.

That's what Howard used to say when he was caught with Marina in the 

Last of The Summer Wine :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

Side effects of booster wore off after 24 hours, thought they had come back this afternoon then realised the lilies in the flower arrangement my wife had from my sister in law on Friday had open up, it was the lilies that were giving me headache. Snipped out the stamens hopefully things will improve now.

Has been a sunny but cold day with a strong north westerly breeze, decided to go out for a walk to local pharmacy to pick up prescription, although only 4km knackered when I got back, guess 3 nights of poor sleep have kicked in. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

This could be a problem for travellers if extended beyond Austria and Israel with the NHS App not recording details of booster jabs following a decision taken by The Department of Health 

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/vaccine-booster-travel-nhs-records-b1950844.html

Seems NHS Digital not decided whether to up date app or not.

Its in the GP element but not the pass. 

"Booster vaccinations are not required for citizens to maintain their domestic COVID Pass. We are currently exploring whether and how boosters should be incorporated into the COVID Pass for Travel."

Edited by Snow Hill

Evening all.

Have been at work all day and just reading through everyone's posts and liking - too many to comment on individually.

Hope everyone who is poorly/ fallen over, etc is feeling a bit better today

The manager has tested positive for covid as well as one of the assistant managers, so we are left without any managers. There is only is only myself another receptionist and the night porter left at present so just working out the shifts ourselves!!  The auctioneers are in at the hotel at the minute as the contents were auctioned off the other day and it is a case of just being there, it makes for very long and boring shifts!! Considering that Tuesday was supposed to be my last day it is all extra🙂

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

Jane I feel it for you it is many years since i was a management partner but it was always a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. I truly understand your position. I always ignored common sense in the interests of trying to do the best for the patients and also what the docs (yes i was one) wanted and the powers that be demand. Essentially as I found out you will never do enough and will even after you have gone be likely to be a scapegoat. Harsh I know but certainly in my case true. My next life was better.

Its a long notice period and you want to do your best as always just have that little bit of scepticism in your armoury. DM me any time.

Emma

Thank you so much Emma. You have described my situation so accurately, I could have have written it myself! I knew that once I left I would become a scapegoat for anything and everything the Partners wanted to change, or do differently, and despite their total denial I knew it to be true. I was searingly honest when I gave notice and openly admitted that the practice needs someone younger, fitter, more business centred, more motivated, and someone who isn't me. They were very kind but know it to be true. I gave six months because I thought that a fair notice period but legally I only had to give three months. We are interviewing someone next week for my job and if it's a success, and she can join soonish, I will leave earlier - tomorrow would be good! 

I really hope that like you, my next life will be better. I feel totally exhausted and desperately old at the moment so a few weeks off to regroup is something I will enjoy before deciding what my next life will be.

Thanks very much once again Emma. I'll be in touch. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hello Emma, it's Pauline here. Yes I do like a pair to match every outfit. But sometimes it means the case is too heavy. So I take for example a pair of black suede shoes and attach shoe clips from Dune. Pavers also sell clips to pop on your shoes. That way it looks like they are different shoes. See photo of two of my clips.

Have a fantastic holiday xxx

16360454747939058669636908480057.jpg

They are gorgeous Pauline. What a great idea. Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you so much Emma. You have described my situation so accurately, I could have have written it myself! I knew that once I left I would become a scapegoat for anything and everything the Partners wanted to change, or do differently, and despite their total denial I knew it to be true. I was searingly honest when I gave notice and openly admitted that the practice needs someone younger, fitter, more business centred, more motivated, and someone who isn't me. They were very kind but know it to be true. I gave six months because I thought that a fair notice period but legally I only had to give three months. We are interviewing someone next week for my job and if it's a success, and she can join soonish, I will leave earlier - tomorrow would be good! 

I really hope that like you, my next life will be better. I feel totally exhausted and desperately old at the moment so a few weeks off to regroup is something I will enjoy before deciding what my next life will be.

Thanks very much once again Emma. I'll be in touch. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Jane, I'm not really part of this conversation, so please excuse me for butting in, but the paragraph I've italicised rings loud bells with me.

I left my job early for similar reasons, though mostly because I didn't like the way things were being run at the very top and the micromanagement that was being brought in wasting vast amounts of time without an end product to it.

Let me try to reassure you about the future.  People worry about the adjustment they're going to have to make, and how long it's going to take.  My period of adjustment, my wife assures me, lasted less than 30 minutes.  Never looked back!

You'll be just fine, whatever you choose to do.  You don't sound the sort of person to get bored - lots of things to do, your life's your own again - enjoy yourself!  🙂

Harry

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Jane, I'm not really part of this conversation, so please excuse me for butting in, but the paragraph I've italicised rings loud bells with me.

I left my job early for similar reasons, though mostly because I didn't like the way things were being run at the very top and the micromanagement that was being brought in wasting vast amounts of time without an end product to it.

Let me try to reassure you about the future.  People worry about the adjustment they're going to have to make, and how long it's going to take.  My period of adjustment, my wife assures me, lasted less than 30 minutes.  Never looked back!

You'll be just fine, whatever you choose to do.  You don't sound the sort of person to get bored - lots of things to do, your life's your own again - enjoy yourself!  🙂

Harry

Thank you sincerely Harry for such lovely words of encouragement. Jane.x 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I really hope that like you, my next life will be better.

Retirement was the best decision we ever made.  I think that our life now is better than when we worked.  My husband and I were both fortunate enough to be able to retire at 55 and have enjoyed every day of doing or not doing whatever we want to.  I know that we are lucky with our situation but my advice to anyone would be to retire as early as you can if you can afford to because no-one has a crystal ball or knows what is going to happen in their life tomorrow.

• Like 14

Good morning I hope everyone is ok on this cool morning ,just 2.c with a feel of 1.c and the grass has a bit of frost on it this morning .At the least the sun is trying to warm things up a little .

A nice quiet day indoors is on the cards for us until tonight, when going on the last few nights

all hell will be let loose with it being bonfire night ,which has been firework week for some who 

live nearby . We don't mind them but regardless of you if love or hate them stay safe and 

take care :classic_smile:

• Like 5

Yet another beautiful sunny morning

I am in a sunny mood because it’s Covid booster jab day today 💉 

A quick note in case anyone has pets who are frightened of fireworks.  Classics FM radio are playing what they claim will be specially selected pet-soothing music all evening, in the hope of calming some of the panic 

Have a good day.  See you later, probably 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1