P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I had a BCC removed from my forehead last year and it was just an injected local anaesthetic so left the hospital after only a hour or so later and was fine.

My forehead has been very itchy lately so I'm considering going down the chemo cream route but I'm not sure how long it has to be applied for, I should be on a cruise in 6 weeks time and I don't want to look like a swan vesta on it with a bright red forehead!! 🙂

My OH had to apply the cream for 3 weeks and a few weeks for it to go down.The consultant said it's patches of flaky skin you have to look for after then the treatment has to be repeated.It is important not to ignore it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kalos said:

Hi guys hope you are all keeping safe and well and I'm having a quick catch up on 
the posts.  @grapau27, @Adawn47,   @Angel57 @Eddie99-Thanks for your concern
 about me . 
Avril's sixth sense is working spot on and it was Mrs K that was in a bad way .
The doctor had tested her for cancers and other nasty things but was clear  thank 
goodness and put her on pain killers thinking it was a nasty sprain . After being 
rushed into A&E and just about every scan you can have they spotted something 
and further scans found another problem as well. So she needed two operations 
and they have decided to do them both together at the same time . As Mrs K does 
not post on here all I will say they are "ladies operations" and leave it at that . 
I have spent time reassuring her that all will be fine and not to worry. which isn't easy
 in these covid times and I have spent my time trying to keeping her spirits up . 

Took her for the pre op test today before she goes in this Thursday for a couple of days .
After the operations She has to take things  easy for the next six weeks and fingers crossed

she will be fighting fit again . Then we can go get our booster jabs as her surgeon told us not

to do so until after her operation is complete as they could give her pre op covid test a false

positive . You all take care and keep safe.:classic_smile:

I will be doing  the same with my special lady ,Mrs K :classic_love: .Bye for now .

Fantastic to hear from you Kalos and and Avril’s sixth sense was spot on , I certainly give Mrs K my best wishes for her upcoming operation and hopefully she will be without pain soon and back on the road to recovery, I’m sure your take care of her brilliantly and write her a poem every day to help 🥰 take care both of you 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Every two or three days I am unable to comment or like a post so if I’ve missed anyone I am sorry but I am reading all post every night ; it’s the glitches 😤

I think the majority of us suffer from the glitches!

Happy Birthday Freddie x

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

It’s my Freddie’s 6th birthday today. As you can see from the photo his behaviour is still rather puppy like and he has just shredded a birthday card envelope to prove my point!

Have a good day everyone.

Gill x

9DAED4E1-44F1-43F9-B109-6DAEFE99C89B.jpeg

That look says 'It wasn't me, but if it was, I'm so cute I can get away with it'.

Happy Birthday Freddie🥩

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Graham. It all depends on how you react to the anaesthetic and how deep/ wide the incision is. You may still feel a bit groggy on Christmas Day and certainly a little sore around the wound area. Let's say yes to mixing quietly and with rest, but a definite no to the Hokey Kokey. Just take things easy and no driving for 48 hours after a general anaesthetic. I will post on Christmas Day to check in and make sure you're not dancing! Jane.x  

Thank you Jane.

I understand they will use a local anaesthetic and I gave them a list of my heart medication at my hospital appointment on November 17th.

Graham x.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

It’s my Freddie’s 6th birthday today. As you can see from the photo his behaviour is still rather puppy like and he has just shredded a birthday card envelope to prove my point!

Gill x

He also looks as though he’s saying you can’t be cross with me!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I had a BCC removed from my forehead last year and it was just an injected local anaesthetic so left the hospital after only a hour or so later and was fine.

My forehead has been very itchy lately so I'm considering going down the chemo cream route but I'm not sure how long it has to be applied for, I should be on a cruise in 6 weeks time and I don't want to look like a swan vesta on it with a bright red forehead!! 🙂

Thank you for your information.

Pleased to hear how quickly and easily yours was removed.

Graham.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Thanks again Graham,the problem I have is that it is the right way up on my computer and inverts in the upload process to the forum.Trust me to be different,lol.Brian.

I have read reports on other forums of the same thing happening Brian although it just seems 1 or 2 photos post like that while most post normally.

I use my android mobile phone to take photos and to post on CC so the process I posted for you is easy to do.

I can screenshot and crop photos easily on my phone which helps greatly.

Graham 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

My OH had to apply the cream for 3 weeks and a few weeks for it to go down.The consultant said it's patches of flaky skin you have to look for after then the treatment has to be repeated.It is important not to ignore it.

I had to use some cream many years ago for an Actinic(Solar) Keratosis which was a pre skin cancer condition.

I hope it worked for your wife Brian.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

Happy birthday Freddie.

Screenshot_20211028_164340.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning and hope everyone is good today .:classic_smile:

Mrs Kalos thanks you all for your well wishes for this Thursday op's that she will

be having . It is nice to see Gills dog "Freddie The Shreddie" is fully trained in all 

security matters regarding our postal service. Leaving an unattended envelope

that could have easily fell into the wrong hands was avoided by this quick thinking 

dog - Gills little hero ,bless him :classic_love: 

I hope Graham takes nurse Jane's  good advice and try not to worry about feeling 

a little groggy on Christmas day .I have been known to be a bit groggy on Christmas 

day but that's another story :classic_unsure:

Happy St Andrews day to you all and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning and hope everyone is good today .:classic_smile:

Mrs Kalos thanks you all for your well wishes for this Thursday op's that she will

be having . It is nice to see Gills dog "Freddie The Shreddie" is fully trained in all 

security matters regarding our postal service. Leaving an unattended envelope

that could have easily fell into the wrong hands was avoided by this quick thinking 

dog - Gills little hero ,bless him :classic_love: 

I hope Graham takes nurse Jane's  good advice and try not to worry about feeling 

a little groggy on Christmas day .I have been known to be a bit groggy on Christmas 

day but that's another story :classic_unsure:

Happy St Andrews day to you all and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos.

I have missed your morning humour.

Sending Mrs K our prayers 🙏 for Thursday for a very successful operation.

Take care of yourself too mate.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

You can’t ever be cross with a lovely face like that 😍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I had to use some cream many years ago for an Actinic(Solar) Keratosis which was a pre skin cancer condition.

I hope it worked for your wife Brian.

Graham.

She's OK thanks Graham but once one appears they seem to pop up on a regular basis over the years.She self diagnoses sometimes and puts the leftover cream on.When it flairs up after you know it's working.Brian.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have read reports on other forums of the same thing happening Brian although it just seems 1 or 2 photos post like that while most post normally.

I use my android mobile phone to take photos and to post on CC so the process I posted for you is easy to do.

I can screenshot and crop photos easily on my phone which helps greatly.

Graham 

Sussed it now I think.Some are OK as you said.Delete the upside down ones and start over, rotating on the download.I might prefer to leave sis standing on her head.Brian.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Awful damp day so far. Low rider dogs all been out to their disgust and are now all upside down in front of the fire. 

Cruise news PCR test now ordered and code received. Only 3 things to do now - PLF, print a tree's worth of paperwork off and pack. Nothing to it unless there is yet another change.

On the home front I have foundations and what seems like enough engineering bricks to build a small town. The wall itself is to start tomorrow when a lot of "cousins" are attending plus Mr W and his son to lay the armoured electric cable in the centre. In 3 years here Norfolk has never been so quick to deliver.

Graham and Mrs Kalos hoping for good outcomes for the ops. 

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Sussed it now I think.Some are OK as you said.Delete the upside down ones and start over, rotating on the download.I might prefer to leave sis standing on her head.Brian.

Great news Brian.

It's always nice to see photos posted.

Graham.

• Like 1

Hi Graham.  My Quote button isn't working again so I'm contacting you this way.  I'm so sorry, I thought you were having a GA.  If it's a local then you should be fine - apart from potential soreness around the wound.  Ignore all previous warnings about dancing and go for it!  Best wishes.  Jane xx  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1