P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Had a phone call first thing this morning asking if we could have my granddaughter for the day as she isn't feeling well. So need to have a rethink on my day.

Have just walked back from taking the car down to the garage for a service and am surprised how mild it is out. 

Hope those that are recovering/feeling poorly get better soon. 

Stay safe and have a good day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

All over 18s ‘offered’ a.vaccination by the end of this month?  Another day, another piece of economy with the truth!

Best check the definition of ‘offered’, and watch out for buck passing, attempting to blame the NHS and its staff.

That was another discussion that was on here a year ago. A bit like groundhog Day.🤔

Morning all we have just got back from our Booster jab appointment. The first thing 

we were asked was are we appointment or "walk in " ? As of this morning we were

told they are doing both today. As for the jab I never even felt it go in my arm but the

nurse assured me it had . :classic_smile: The staff were all nice and we took time to say "thank you  "

or "goodbye" .Such a little gesture costs us nothing and makes their day better .

I hope all the people who still need a jab 1st ,2nd or booster go and get them done 

instead of telling us this MP or newspaper said this or that .There was plenty there this

morning  getting 1st and second jabs .

To all of you with family not well I hope they recover soon and to all stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The NHS staff have 19 days ( including Christmas Day) to do this. Which means they have to double their rate of jabbing from today, having found out about this at the same time as we did 🤔

I can understand the media questioning whether this plan is at all possible, because there is nothing they like better than casting doubt and despondency over everything. But I would expect that the general public would applaud the aim and support any govt in its attempts to keep everyone safe. However it seems that some would much prefer the govt to fail, which says more about their morals really.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Different subject - who is Danny Miller ?

Accoding to Mr Google, he played  Aaron Dingle in Emmerdale and won the British Soap Award for Best Actor in 2011, 2012 and 2016 and now apparently, I'm a Celebrity 2021.

Avril

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I can understand the media questioning whether this plan is at all possible, because there is nothing they like better than casting doubt and despondency over everything. But I would expect that the general public would applaud the aim and support any govt in its attempts to keep everyone safe. However it seems that some would much prefer the govt to fail, which says more about their morals really.

Looking at Kalos's post and then the doom and gloom posts going over the same old stuff........'offered'. can you imagine the rage if they said we won't offer, we will kneel on there arms whilst we force it in......it is all voluntary isn't it?. They won't do 2 millions week, that was last year's doom. Yes they did, busted the target thanks to lots of folk, including some on here working their socks off to keep us safe. Now they need to do nearly a million a day. I bet the folk concerned will step up to the plate, as that is the way they are. Positive, achievers etc. All the doom on cruise critic will probably be ignored by the folk that matter. So it should be. Negative won't win the prize, just hack folk off.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Different subject - who is Danny Miller ?

There are over 3000 Danny Miller's on social media. Are you looking for any particular one. Your favourite search engine may help, but you may need to give it a clue.

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Accoding to Mr Google, he played  Aaron Dingle in Emmerdale and won the British Soap Award for Best Actor in 2011, 2012 and 2016 and now apparently, I'm a Celebrity 2021.

Avril

I haven't seen the Emmerdale TV show in years .How's Annie Sugden and their Sam keeping 

these days ? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Quite. And it’s even worse than that - the instructions haven’t, as I write this, yet been issued to practitioners.

Jane, please correct me if I’m wrong on that.

Not a word Harry.  I do have a meeting in 15 minutes with all the other PMs in our network so we'll see if anything has come through from NHSE.  I kept checking my emails last night to see if there was anything but, true to form, not a word!  Jane.x

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

I haven't seen the Emmerdale TV show in years .How's Annie Sugden and their Sam keeping 

Annie ran off with Seth. They are now in Benidorm. Sam left ,he hadn't been scripted in for a while. They left him hanging by the Dingles. He is now a dancer at the royal opera house. 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Not a word Harry.  I do have a meeting in 15 minutes with all the other PMs in our network so we'll see if anything has come through from NHSE.  I kept checking my emails last night to see if there was anything but, true to form, not a word!  Jane.x

Though not, Jane. I’m signed up to the various .gov email sources, to keep abreast of things, and so far today nothing relating to this.  I really feel for you all, and sincerely hope he’s not using the scapegoat escape route.

As I understand it, we now need a million vaccinations a day, and the maximum so far achieved, at any time, and for just one day in March, was 800,000.

Harry

PS - three vaccinations now, two antibody tests, but still no antibodies. Fingers crossed for those T-cells!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Our Son had his booster yesterday evening. 6.00 pm on Sunday. He said the place was buzzing with positivity. Lots of please and thank you's. The hub is in our shopping centre in an ex Phillip Green shop. Now called NHS Top Jab.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Morning all we have just got back from our Booster jab appointment. The first thing 

we were asked was are we appointment or "walk in " ? As of this morning we were

told they are doing both today. As for the jab I never even felt it go in my arm but the

nurse assured me it had . :classic_smile: The staff were all nice and we took time to say "thank you  "

or "goodbye" .Such a little gesture costs us nothing and makes their day better .

I hope all the people who still need a jab 1st ,2nd or booster go and get them done 

instead of telling us this MP or newspaper said this or that .There was plenty there this

morning  getting 1st and second jabs .

To all of you with family not well I hope they recover soon and to all stay safe :classic_love:

Delighted to hear you have both had your booster jabs and hopefully no side effects.

I hope Mrs Kalos is recovering well after her op.

Pauline had the Moderna booster yesterday at 1pm but woke up this morning with a bad headache and feeling unwell so she is currently in bed.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

We watch Emmerdale and he cries a lot and plays a Gay man in Emmerdale.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We watch Emmerdale and he cries a lot and plays a Gay man in Emmerdale.

I don't watch it, but DW does. He must be a good actor to win all those awards. Folk seem to look down their noses a bit at soap actors, until the odd one leaves and goes on to greater things. A few million watching every day must count for something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted to hear you have both had your booster jabs and hopefully no side effects.

Pauline had the Moderna booster yesterday at 1pm but woke up this morning with a bad headache and feeling unwell so she is currently in bed.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Hope Pauline feels better soon

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

Interesting message, trying to order a lateral flow test - great! I gather it's national.

"There are no more home tests available
Sorry, there are no more home test kits available right now.

Try again later.

Or, you can go back and try to book a test site appointment instead."

You have found lots of bad news today. Pass it all on to us. We would appreciate that. Regarding test packs, we have 6 boxes. We were going to give a few as Christmas presents, but will probably hang on to them for now until the LFT crisis has gone.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

Haven't a clue Kalos. The last time I watched it was when Annie Sugen had the farm and it was more like the Yorkshire televised version of The Archers. I've no idea who the Dingles even are🙄

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Interesting message, trying to order a lateral flow test - great! I gather it's national.

"There are no more home tests available
Sorry, there are no more home test kits available right now.

Try again later.

Or, you can go back and try to book a test site appointment instead."

I called at my local pharmacy and picked up 2 boxes of Lateral flow tests about 20 minutes ago.

The pharmacy gave me the leaflet,I went on line and got a 16 digit code and gave the code to the staff member who wrote the code down and handed me 2 boxes.

They had lots of boxes in stock.

Graham.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Hope Pauline's headache soon passes and she feels well soon .

Mrs K says " Hope nurse Graham takes her a cuppa upstairs and possibly later a drive

to the sea front for some of that wonderful  sea air ":classic_love:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Annie Sugden died.

Most of the original characters have gone now.

Graham.

I know :classic_biggrin: ,I was only messing ,a bit like the cast of The Last Of the Summer Wine not 

many of them left these days either :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Sorry Pauline's not too well  Graham. I didn't want to say anything yesterday, but Frank was just the same after his booster, sore arm at first then about 2am woke  up with a pounding headache and feeling ill. I kept feeding him paracetamol lots of fluids and letting him sleep. 24 hours  after he had the booster he was fine, I'm sure Pauline will be too. We had two AZ and Pfizer boosters.

Avril

• Thanks 1