P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I know :classic_biggrin: ,I was only messing ,a bit like the cast of The Last Of the Summer Wine not 

many of them left these days either :classic_smile:

I didn't know that. This is Turning out to be black Monday. No smoked garfish in the supermarket, Graham's nabbed all the LTF test Kits and now Annie's dead. Whatever next.🤔

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Haven't a clue Kalos. The last time I watched it was when Annie Sugen had the farm and it was more like the Yorkshire televised version of The Archers. I've no idea who the Dingles even are🙄

Avril

Last time I watched it , old McDonald had the farm.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I didn't know that. This is Turning out to be black Monday. No smoked garfish in the supermarket, Graham's nabbed all the LTF test Kits and now Annie's dead. Whatever next.🤔

You don't know do you ? Ah bless . Please don't Google Annie Walker or Ena Sharples

as I wouldn't want to spoil your day :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I can understand the media questioning whether this plan is at all possible, because there is nothing they like better than casting doubt and despondency over everything. But I would expect that the general public would applaud the aim and support any govt in its attempts to keep everyone safe. However it seems that some would much prefer the govt to fail, which says more about their morals really.

I don’t think there’s anybody that ‘wants the government to fail’, in this endeavour. Omicron is ridiculously transmissible and it’s vital to to give people as much protection as soon as possible, whilst we all carry on with non medical mitigations.

What you are witnessing is empathy for the people who are on the front line and are expected to perform miracles, with no notice, and after nearly two years of working flat out

It doesn’t take too much imagination to understand how that must feel. 

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don’t think there’s anybody that ‘wants the government to fail’, in this endeavour. Omicron is ridiculously transmissible and it’s vital to to give people as much protection as soon as possible, whilst we all carry on with non medical mitigations.

What you are witnessing is empathy for the people who are on the front line and are expected to perform miracles, with no notice, and after nearly two years of working flat out

It doesn’t take too much imagination to understand how that must feel. 

Thank you Dermotsgirl that is exactly how NHS staff are feeling but we'll carry on and do our best as we always do.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

55 minutes ago, zap99 said:

You have found lots of bad news today. Pass it all on to us. We would appreciate that. Regarding test packs, we have 6 boxes. We were going to give a few as Christmas presents, but will probably hang on to them for now until the LFT crisis has gone.

I'd store them next to the Blue Nun as an investment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Not a word Harry.  I do have a meeting in 15 minutes with all the other PMs in our network so we'll see if anything has come through from NHSE.  I kept checking my emails last night to see if there was anything but, true to form, not a word!  Jane.x

Just a quick update:

All GP practices are now tasked with vaccinating their own patients with the boosters.

Practices that were formerly vaccine hubs will pre-mix the vaccines and deliver to practices within their Primary Care Network.

Practices who's GPs are all vaccinators will have to cancel all other appointments and concentrate purely on boosters (unless a request is deemed urgent and necessary and approved by a GP). 

From Wednesday onwards, the necessity for the 15 minute wait after the Pfizer vaccine will be taken away - patients can leave immediately after the vaccine UNLESS it is their very first one.

Christmas will be cancelled!

Here we go again folks - wish us luck.

Jane

xxx

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

We've had 2 letters from NHS telling us to book our boosters even though we had them done a few weeks ago.They are even on our NHS app.Should we try and let them know or ignore it.Does seem a waste of resources.Problem being there is no contact procedure for this.

28 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just a quick update:

All GP practices are now tasked with vaccinating their own patients with the boosters.

Practices that were formerly vaccine hubs will pre-mix the vaccines and deliver to practices within their Primary Care Network.

Practices who's GPs are all vaccinators will have to cancel all other appointments and concentrate purely on boosters (unless a request is deemed urgent and necessary and approved by a GP). 

From Wednesday onwards, the necessity for the 15 minute wait after the Pfizer vaccine will be taken away - patients can leave immediately after the vaccine UNLESS it is their very first one.

Christmas will be cancelled!

Here we go again folks - wish us luck.

Jane

xxx

I really feel for you all, particularly the receptionists who will take the flack from people who want appointments.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted to hear you have both had your booster jabs and hopefully no side effects.

I hope Mrs Kalos is recovering well after her op.

Pauline had the Moderna booster yesterday at 1pm but woke up this morning with a bad headache and feeling unwell so she is currently in bed.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Sorry to hear Pauline's not well Graham.  Wish her better from me.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We've had 2 letters from NHS telling us to book our boosters even though we had them done a few weeks ago.They are even on our NHS app.Should we try and let them know or ignore it.Does seem a waste of resources.Problem being there is no contact procedure for this.

I would ignore it Brian.  It will never get to the right department/person.  As long as your own GP surgery knows you've had the boosters that's all you need.  Jane.x

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I would ignore it Brian.  It will never get to the right department/person.  As long as your own GP surgery knows you've had the boosters that's all you need.  Jane.x

Thanks Jane,we had them done at our local library hub.I'd better let our GP know as you said,Brian.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I have had a couple of NHS invites also saying I haven't had the booster yet but my doctor's surgery know I had the booster on November 13th.

Strange that my booster QR is on my NHS app.

Graham x.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks Jane,we had them done at our local library hub.I'd better let our GP know as you said,Brian.

Strangely enough, Brian, my reminders are flowing thick and fast as well, coming from my GP surgery, despite having had all three jabs and my NHS app has been updated. I've just let them know - thanks for the idea, Jane.

• Like 3

Well I have had a drive around to friends who don’t live in this Shire to drop off presents etc just in case we have restrictions again. The FM is making her announcement tomorrow to Holyrood but the Health Secretary has already said that there will definitely be more restrictions up here.

Last Christmas was miserable as we were locked into our Council areas and couldn’t travel to see anyone except for one day on Christmas Day. I really hope they don’t try to do the same again, I’m not actually sure how people would comply this time round.

Who knows what she will do. We never got rid of masks everywhere indoors, we already have the passports system (useless in my opinion). And ominously the “protection” levels were never removed from the statute so she could introduce them again immediately. Depressing.

Im going to put on some Christmas carols to try to cheer myself up and heat up a mince pie with some BRANDY butter. (I make BRANDY butter rather than brandy BUTTER. Same with the PORT and cranberry sauce). 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Just ignore them. We had the same after the first jab so phoned the GP. Don't ask us ,we know nothing about Covid, or anything else. None of our jabs this year have been carried out at the GP practice. Superdrug, Sainsbury, top shop, Poundland. If they have been told they now need to do some, there must be money involved.