P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

A quick thought for the poor crew still on Aurora/Arcadia (sorry, I have a blind spot about remembering which) which has been in Weymouth bay for ever.

They’ll see all the Christmas lights in town and the fireworks on NYE but there they still are, what, 20 months later?  I hope they can find it in themselves to have an enjoyable time.

• Like 6

Graham, I’m delighted your op went well. Looks like a nice neat scar - what some people will do for a free facelift! 

I have been having problems posting here recently so while it seems to be working I’ll take the opportunity to wish all here on cc a blessed Christmas. Joy , peace and love to you all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just stopping by to wish everyone a very Merry, healthy, Covid free, Christmas! 

My son was so pleased to be out of isolation today, he’d never been so happy to be allowed in the kitchen.
I’m currently bossing husband and youngest daughter around, instructing them how to make dessert for tomorrow. I had bought a special gin to treat myself at Christmas but can’t drink it at the moment as I’m on pain killers for my back so I might hide the gin in case my daughters finish it off! 😊 xx

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Us Prestos would like to echo that - have a lovely Christmas everyone and very best wishes for a much better New Year 2022. We'll be raising a glass too later, but it won't just be diet coke 😉

No diet coke here either!!! I will definitely be having a drink later. 
Just finished setting the table for tomorrow, hubby is out walking the dogs, think I am going to sit down with coffee and Christmas cake with cheese 

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Mum used to use good old fashioned lard in the chip pan and real potatoes. Still can't beat those chips with any of the healthier versions now no matter how we try.

My grandma used to do that, the best chips ever

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Graham, I’m delighted your op went well. Looks like a nice neat scar - what some people will do for a free facelift! 

I have been having problems posting here recently so while it seems to be working I’ll take the opportunity to wish all here on cc a blessed Christmas. Joy , peace and love to you all.

Thank you Eglesbrech.

I hope you have a very happy Christmas 🎄.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Glad it all went ok. Have a relaxing couple of days all ready for a trip to the coast on Boxing day.

40 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Glad to your op went well Graham. Take it easy and rest up and have a good Christmas.

Pam

Thank you Pam and Zap for your best wishes.

I hope you both have amazing Christmas's.

Graham

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Same from us Graham, Merry Christmas to you and Pauline. 

Hope your face is no too sore, try not to laugh too much😂

Andy & Michelle x

Thank you Andy.

Very best wishes for an awesome Christmas for Michelle, yourself and all of your family.

Graham & Pauline x

• Like 1

After sudden change of plans all up to date, with the help of my daughters and a bottle of prosecco, with all the veg peeled and prepped, pigs in blankets made, serving dishes sorted and meat all ready to go into the oven. Just need to set the table ready for tomorrow, so am at present taking a break, will have a glass of wine or two with dinner later😄

Filled with Wine.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

All this talk of setting tables for tomorrow is unsettling! Just how long does it take to set a table?!! I can do it in under 5 minutes. And where are all you all having dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow in the meantime? 

Ha ha.  Yep, takes me 5 minutes as well.  What are they doing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

All this talk of setting tables for tomorrow is unsettling! Just how long does it take to set a table?!! I can do it in under 5 minutes. And where are all you all having dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow in the meantime? 

Dinner in an Italian with the relatives, bacon sandwich for breakfast. 5 mins to set the table, sorted. Oh, forgot, turkey to cook.🍾

• Like 4

Tuna Niçoise tonight

Will take 2 minutes to clear

Will take 2 minutes or so to set for tomorrow.  There’s only the two of us but if I had a table big enough for six I can’t imagine it would take much more than 5 minutes - 10 maximum

Oh - wine people - that is a pink Rioja, recommended for winter drinking.

It was nice

CEE3E0A4-DCFC-4874-9B34-107096470879.thumb.jpeg.d173b49e42707367e3c5229bee88f41c.jpeg

Have a peaceful night Graham.  Are you still comfortable now the local anaesthetic has worn off?

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Tuna Niçoise tonight

Will take 2 minutes to clear

Will take 2 minutes or so to set for tomorrow.  There’s only the two of us but if I had a table big enough for six I can’t imagine it would take much more than 5 minutes - 10 maximum

Oh - wine people - that is a pink Rioja, recommended for winter drinking.

It was nice

CEE3E0A4-DCFC-4874-9B34-107096470879.thumb.jpeg.d173b49e42707367e3c5229bee88f41c.jpeg

Have a peaceful night Graham.  Are you still comfortable now the local anaesthetic has worn off?

Thank you Eddie.

It is slightly sore and been bleeding a little 

Graham.

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Eddie.

It is slightly sore and been bleeding a little 

Graham.

Graham some light bleeding is not unusual, dab with warm water on muslin or cotton wool and pat dry. It should scab over completely within 24 hours. If it still bleeds after that it may be worth a call to out of hours for advice.