P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

22 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all. Hope everyone is well.

A dry day down here so far, but still no sun. Dry is a bonus though after all the rain we have had and very little wind and temps back up to double figures😀

Need to start sorting everything out as our cruise is on Saturday. Tried my dresses on yesterday and pleasantly surprised that they all still fit!!😁 

Have a good day and stay safe.

Pam

We are busy trying on clothes ready for Sat as well, have realised that going on a cruise this close to Christmas is not such a good idea.

• Like 4

I forgot to add that I take back all I said about Colchester.Just about to follow son into Brighton lanes NCP when he stopped and checked it was 20 quid for 4 hrs.Quick u turn and parking meter on seafront a mile up the road £12.70 for 4 hrs.Still a bloody robbery but heyho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Cheers Andrew,seems you were right,but it was OK as a base for Eastbourne and Brighton.PI's are never in the most glamarous part of towns,ours was at the back of Sainsbury car park.Anyway Newhaven has pride of place on my bucket list tick offs just in front of New York,lol.

Newhaven. The last resort. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I forgot to add that I take back all I said about Colchester.Just about to follow son into Brighton lanes NCP when he stopped and checked it was 20 quid for 4 hrs.Quick u turn and parking meter on seafront a mile up the road £12.70 for 4 hrs.Still a bloody robbery but heyho.

I would expect to buy my own personal space in the carpark for that kind of money.

Car park prices have become utterly ridiculous since the majority are staycationing. Cashing in on the fact that we are mostly stuck in the U.K.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I would expect to buy my own personal space in the carpark for that kind of money.

Car park prices have become utterly ridiculous since the majority are staycationing. Cashing in on the fact that we are mostly stuck in the U.K.

Brighton don't want cars. Horrible smelly things, not like horses they don't sm.........?🤔

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Daytime parking prices in Brighton have been extortionate for years. Fortunately, when I lived there I was a 25 minute walk or 10 minute bus ride into the City centre. Sadly, as well as having many of the advantages of a major city, Brighton also has many of the problems of one too - in a very compact town centre.

6 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning all. Hope everyone is well.

A dry day down here so far, but still no sun. Dry is a bonus though after all the rain we have had and very little wind and temps back up to double figures😀

Need to start sorting everything out as our cruise is on Saturday. Tried my dresses on yesterday and pleasantly surprised that they all still fit!!😁 

Have a good day and stay safe.

Pam

That is great news all your dresses still fit perfectly Pam.

I wish you an amazing cruise on Saturday (which ship?).

5°C and cloudy here.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

5 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

We are busy trying on clothes ready for Sat as well, have realised that going on a cruise this close to Christmas is not such a good idea.

Are you going on a cruise on Saturday?

If you are I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Brighton don't want cars. Horrible smelly things, not like horses they don't sm.........?🤔

No horses in Brighton city centre either zap - not since they turned the old Prince Regent's stables into a concert hall anyway...😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Hi Chippy, how is your wife Dora and apprentice son Nibs getting on?

Trumpton was one of my favourite Watch with Mother pre-school programmes. In fact I didn't want to start school because I didn't want to miss Watch with Mother.

Listen with Mother in my day - and Muffin the Mule!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

5°C and cloudy here.

Thank you, Graham.

We're going on Iona. We we were supposed to be on her for her naming ceremony (July 2020) then  August 2021, so third time lucky🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

5°C and cloudy here.

Thank you, Graham.

We're going on Iona. We were supposed to have been on her for her naming ceremony (July 2020) then August 2021, so third time lucky🤞

What is the matter with this site?? 🙄This is the third time I've tried replying!

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I remember Muffin the Mule too. That's showing my age🤣

and if you can complete the following jingle you win a rubber bath plug:

"dum, dum, dum ,dum;  ....  ...."

C        D       E        F       FF  F

Edited by bbtablet
typing

8 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

and if you can complete the following jingle you win a rubber bath plug:

"dum, dum, dum ,dum;  ....  ...."

C        D       E        F       FF  F

Sounds a bit like EastEnders. Do I win?. Am I close?. Not that I have watched it you understand🤔

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sounds a bit like EastEnders. Do I win?. Am I close?. Not that I have watched it you understand🤔

Sadly, not even close, by a few decades!

Have you taken your Virol today? (purplesea may get that one too!)

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I played it but still don't know. Either I'm too young, or too old.🤣

Key of F Major:  (C) crotchet; (D) crotchet; (E)crotchet; (bar line) (F) minim;

(F) crotchet; (F) crotchet; (bar line) (F)minim

WORD ----------------------                   WORD -------------------   

Edited by bbtablet

20 minutes ago, kalos said:

I guess back in the day it went Virol :classic_unsure:

Indeed it did!

"Originally designed as a nutritional supplement for the feeding of infants, some children who grew up in the 1940s remember the weekly visit of the Virol Lady to their primary school, doling out spoonfuls of the sweet, sticky brown product to each child who had brought a penny to school for the purpose.[2]

Virol was initially supplied in ceramic jars of different sizes. By the 1950s it was marketed in brown glass jars as a health supplement."

I actually got it daily from my mum, together with (first) a spoonful of cod liver oil.

Edited by bbtablet
more added
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Daytime parking prices in Brighton have been extortionate for years. Fortunately, when I lived there I was a 25 minute walk or 10 minute bus ride into the City centre. Sadly, as well as having many of the advantages of a major city, Brighton also has many of the problems of one too - in a very compact town centre.

It’s a place I have never been to but it is on my to do list. I’m saving some places for when I can’t get travel insurance for abroad in my dotage.

Brighton is not alone in overcharging and I can see why they would want to encourage use of public transport but right now people are avoiding it when they can.

We have been to a few places over the last year where the parking has been eye watering ly high and it’s clear from the signage and the muttering from the locals that it has been recently bumped up. Rip

off Britain as ever.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

Indeed it did!

"Originally designed as a nutritional supplement for the feeding of infants, some children who grew up in the 1940s remember the weekly visit of the Virol Lady to their primary school, doling out spoonfuls of the sweet, sticky brown product to each child who had brought a penny to school for the purpose.[2]

Virol was initially supplied in ceramic jars of different sizes. By the 1950s it was marketed in brown glass jars as a health supplement."

I actually got it daily from my mum, together with (first) a spoonful of cod liver oil.

Seems I am too young !. That doesn't happen very often 🤣

• Haha 1

The worst thing that I was subjected to in primary school was cod liver oil. When I  told my mum that the teacher kept making me sick because she gave me medicine she went in to speak to the headmistress because my mum (who was a nurse) believed that a good diet was a lot better than supplements.

• Like 1