P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Reading your post has just made me realise it's Good Friday and Easter this weekend. It's amazing how one day blends into another now. Stay well. 

Avril 

We always used to make a habit of taking a day trip somewhere on Good Friday, to pay homage to the start of the summer season. Do you think the police would accept tradition as a good reason to be out in the Dale's?:classic_blink:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

As far as I have been told they will go to the exchange and the cabinet. 

also just to let you know if it’s a problem with your line that passes the boundary of your property you’d also get a charge. 

At this moment I’d pay!

Anyway leaving this for now, my data will be running out on my phone soon!

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I totally get that and I can imagine how stressful it is in your office.

I make non urgent appointments for the NHS and also take calls to pass onto respiratory nurses so you can imagine how manic it’s been where I work.

It’s almost impossible to social distance in an office. I must admit I’ve been lucky that my employer sent me  home when she realised I have a heart condition. 
Then they decided I could go back then decided after one day the social distancing wasn’t being adhere to plus we have now gone very very quiet in my part because all our clinics have been cancelled. 
I feel bad for not working but don’t want to catch this virus so it would be good to get the home working sorted 🤷‍♀️

I get that too. It’s incredible hard and also strange times. 

I haven’t come across anyone who works from home for the nhs only nurses that want broadband for their days off. 

I know that Bt and openreach work very very closely with nhs. The 111 call centres that a mum who’s in my kids classes she works for them they are all owned and dealt with by Bt. I think they have also donated a lot of money so usually they all work with each other. 

if you do get to work from home for the nhs tell them to see if that makes a difference, makes them able to do anything that we couldn’t usually. I believe though that it might have to go through your employer somehow though. 

let’s hope it’s just a simply rewirinf needing help 

54 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I'd been saying before all this that we ought to replace our broken bread machine,

I am the 'bread machine'. I knock up 4 loaves at a time, freeze three and keep one out. I have just got back from M&S and found a small stash of dried yeast at the back of a bottom shelf. Now where are they hiding the flour?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We always used to make a habit of taking a day trip somewhere on Good Friday, to pay homage to the start of the summer season. Do you think the police would accept tradition as a good reason to be out in the Dale's?:classic_blink:

No problem. I think I saw on the interweb that you are allowed out for a jolly one day a week. At least I think I saw that...may be I got it wrong though.

I know what you mean I was concerned that if I didn't get yeast this week I would have to buy bread.  My husband reckons that when we get back to normal eBay will be swamped with bread machines that panic buyers bought and have hardly used.

Interestingly the information I have seen is that there is no shortage of flour at all. There is a shortage of retail type bags and the machines to fill them. Apparently a large amount of flour is used by bakers etc. And comes in very large bags, 10/20 kg or more. Consequently there is now a shortage in the shops.

Happy to say we had delivered today of flour 1 large plain and 1 large S/R.

Happy Days

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No problem. I think I saw on the interweb that you are allowed out for a jolly one day a week. At least I think I saw that...may be I got it wrong though.

I think you have got that wrong. Essential work, medical or essential shopping plus session of max 1 hour a day exercising (dog walking). That is why people are being dispersed by the police for sitting in the park or beach getting some sun. No jollies allowed at all. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think you have got that wrong. Essential work, medical or essential shopping plus session of max 1 hour a day exercising (dog walking). That is why people are being dispersed by the police for sitting in the park or beach getting some sun. No jollies allowed at all. 

You are only allowed out for essential shopping, meds and, of course... 

FOR EXERCISE, FOR EXERCISE... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The one hour of exercise was purely a suggestion from Michael Gove,  and is not a legal restriction ( in England at least). I can sort of understand the need to limit the time you are exercising if you are in an urban requirement, but out here in the sticks, we can walk for hours and see no one. Not sure what is achieved by us only walking for one hour and seeing no one, as compared to walking for two hours and seeing no one.

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

You are only allowed out for essential shopping, meds and, of course... 

FOR EXERCISE, FOR EXERCISE... 😊

Andy 

I thought you were allowed to save up your one hour a day to have 7 hours once a week, or have I got that wrong as well.?🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The one hour of exercise was purely a suggestion from Michael Gove,  and is not a legal restriction ( in England at least). I can sort of understand the need to limit the time you are exercising if you are in an urban requirement, but out here in the sticks, we can walk for hours and see no one. Not sure what is achieved by us only walking for one hour and seeing no one, as compared to walking for two hours and seeing no one.

You are correct. Once a day for exercise is actually only included on the statutory instrument for Wales, not the other UK nations. The one hour is only a suggestion.

16 minutes ago, daiB said:

Interestingly the information I have seen is that there is no shortage of flour at all. There is a shortage of retail type bags and the machines to fill them. Apparently a large amount of flour is used by bakers etc. And comes in very large bags, 10/20 kg or more. Consequently there is now a shortage in the shops.

Happy to say we had delivered today of flour 1 large plain and 1 large S/R.

Happy Days

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can get plain and self raising flour but not strong bread making flour. I would take a  10 Kg bag happily.

33 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I am the 'bread machine'. I knock up 4 loaves at a time, freeze three and keep one out. I have just got back from M&S and found a small stash of dried yeast at the back of a bottom shelf. Now where are they hiding the flour?

I do it by hand as well, very therapeutic. 

I still have yeast but I am currently keeping a pet sourdough starter for use if the yeast runs out.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

At the risk of looking foolish ( not actually risk, a certainty in fact ) if me and DW walk around the lake from our house and don't meet anyone, what difference does it make if we jump in the car, drive 5 miles to the Surrey hills and have a walk. If of no consequence,why not take a sandwich and lashings of Ginger Beer as well. Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I can get plain and self raising flour but not strong bread making flour. I would take a  10 Kg bag happily.

A cash and carry perhaps?

We are going to make a few scones and some yorkshire puddings.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

. Do you think the police would accept tradition as a good reason to be out in the Dale's?:classic_blink:

This weekend .....
I have heard that the following people will be out and about enjoying our parks and beaches with beer and BBQ'S in tow.

List as follows :-  

Dumb,Stupid ,ignorant,Selfish,Moorons,Dimwits,Brainless,Imbeciles,Fools or any one from the lower end of the gene pool .

If you think you have been left out  and fall into any of the above please make yourselves known and befriend them .

Otherwise all other humans will continue to follow the lockdown rules .:classic_biggrin: :classic_biggrin: :classic_wink:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Back to original topic... 

Cool and cloudy down here today. 

Still stuck indoors but exciting times, our Asda delivery is coming tonight with only a couple of 'swapsies'... 

I guess the driver will play 'knock door run' like he did last week... 

Bin day Friday, so at least I get to go outside tomorrow... 😊

Only kidding, I have been walking the dog but even that is like a military operation now, making sure the 'enemy' does not come within 2mtrs...

All in all, we are coping well. 

I hope you are all doing the best you can. 

Keep safe 

Andy & Michelle x

Hi, love reading posts like this - love your sense of humour ! (You were kidding 'eh ?!)

Life in Stoke on Trent is just beautiful today. The sun has been shining and it is just lovely to hear the birds tweeting away.

We are fully stocked up (sensibly I have to add) with enough food and wine / larger to keep us happy and even managed to keep myself busy today with some tidying up/gardening etc. Our ASDA order came on Sunday and we were well impressed. It seems that they have a different calibre of driver up here as ours talks to us (from a distance) ;-). We ventured to M&S foodhall on Monday to get some odd bits and the stuff we had not been able to get elsewhere. (The problem is we go in there for a few bits and come out with enough for a party …. yummy)

This is only day 5 for us as we had been at work until last Friday, so we have some way to go before we go completely stir crazy.

The upside of all of this is that the house/garden/cars have never been so clean and tidy as they are at the minute ---- and probably us as well ! We have so much stuff on to keep our hands protected that we must knock a germ out at more than 2 metres!

We are going for a walk to the park tomorrow weather permitting (our permitted daily 40 minute one before anyone flames us) so will throw a quick snack or two at the ducks before anyone thinks we are have a 'day out' or anything. On Monday we went through and there were very few people and those that were there were just going through for their daily walk -- if that makes sense) All very sensible and how it should be.

Stay safe everyone and like Andy and Michelle, keep your chins up (not that you have double ones) and keep smiling as much as you can.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

At the risk of looking foolish ( not actually risk, a certainty in fact ) if me and DW walk around the lake from our house and don't meet anyone, what difference does it make if we jump in the car, drive 5 miles to the Surrey hills and have a walk. If of no consequence,why not take a sandwich and lashings of Ginger Beer as well. Just a thought.

I suppose the issue is that many other people may have the same idea, and therefore social distancing would be difficult. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

it’s to do with you having your car on the road. Creates more of an issue if you have a car crash more work for nhs

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Was a bit down yesterday as not only were we on day 8 of no internet (I’m using data on my phone for this) but my washing machine broke with washing in it! 😩

On my tiny phone I’ve ordered a new one as it was quite old and I doubt any repairmen would come out! It’s coming Tuesday so that’s good. Hubby (John) was on the phone for an hour trying to sort out internet. Waiting to hear from an engineer now.

Just to sound a really grumpy person even the sun is annoying me as tomorrow we were setting off to Southampton to stay overnight ready for our mini cruise Friday. The weather is looking glorious! All I can think is sailaway would have been brilliant.

Luckily John is on leave all weekend as we were supposed to be away so we’ll spend time in the garden hopefully chilling with the Belgium beer I bought so we can pretend we’re in a pavement cafe! 

Please don’t tell me there’s more important things , I know that.

Know exactly what you mean. We should have been in a lakeside lodge with hot tub from the 6th to the 10th and all we do is look at the weather and think how just perfect it would have been there in this weather. You are not alone Sue, there will be plenty of others thinking the same thing is they had plans.

Take care x

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I suppose the issue is that many other people may have the same idea, and therefore social distancing would be difficult. 

About 3 weeks ago (think it was) we went to Tatton Park thinking that it would be a great place to visit as the grounds are HUGE so there wouldn't be a problem. It was packed ! The next day they closed.

15 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

it’s to do with you having your car on the road. Creates more of an issue if you have a car crash more work for nhs

Not forgetting the ambulance ,police ,fire brigade and recovery truck drivers that may have to attend as well.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-essex-crash-driver-went-out-because-of-lockdown-boredom-say-police-11970280

Edited by kalos

49 minutes ago, daiB said:

A cash and carry perhaps?

We are going to make a few scones and some yorkshire puddings.

Unfortunately not around here. 

scones sound good, may just knock some up myself as I still have some homemade jam left from last year . Enjoy yours.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Unfortunately not around here. 

scones sound good, may just knock some up myself as I still have some homemade jam left from last year . Enjoy yours.

Be extra careful with that oven. Dangerous game that baking😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1