P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

Maybe todays "Hide and Seek" day as they seem to have a day for everything else .🤔

12.C dull and showery here .Today off out for a dental check up as I still have a dentist

to call my own 🙂

Have a good day everyone .

DW's birthday today. They didn't have one She likes in the Micheal Koors shop in Gunwharf, so she picked one from the Guess shop. This morning..Happy birthday darling, here's your present...It looked bigger yesterday..Zap said.....nothing.🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very wet here today too.  Looks like a few of us are off to keep an eye on P and O this weekend - TigerB on Iona, ICF on Arvia and I board little Azura on Saturday (looking forward to the green beans already!)   I am having a Kindle crisis - I cannot get the charging cable inserted any more so hopefully Amazon Prime delivers tomorrow!  🤞

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW's birthday today. They didn't have one She likes in the Micheal Koors shop in Gunwharf, so she picked one from the Guess shop. This morning..Happy birthday darling, here's your present...It looked bigger yesterday..Zap said.....nothing.🤔

Happy birthday to your dear wife John  @zap99

645ceb588b46af3aa0faead5418cd3aa.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Very wet here today too.  Looks like a few of us are off to keep an eye on P and O this weekend - TigerB on Iona, ICF on Arvia and I board little Azura on Saturday (looking forward to the green beans already!)   I am having a Kindle crisis - I cannot get the charging cable inserted any more so hopefully Amazon Prime delivers tomorrow!  🤞

Bon Voyage.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on Azura.

Screenshot_20240215_110037.jpg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW's birthday today...Zap said.....nothing.🤔

Quite right too ! Don't put the lady off her shopping 🙃

Happy Birthday Mrs Zapp 🙂

25 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Here's hoping you all enjoy your cruises/green beans 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hope you all have a fantastic time

Michelle

• Like 6

Good morning everyone, hope you are ok today. It is a dull but fairly mild day here, forecast a bit if rain later.

My mum came out of hospital about 9pm last night. We stayed overnight and I will def stay for the next few days. She is a bit fragile but hopefully will get stronger now she is at home, sleeping  better and eating better.

Michelle

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are ok today. It is a dull but fairly mild day here, forecast a bit if rain later.

My mum came out of hospital about 9pm last night. We stayed overnight and I will def stay for the next few days. She is a bit fragile but hopefully will get stronger now she is at home, sleeping  better and eating better.

Michelle

I'm pleased to hear your lovely mam is home now Michelle.

You are doing the best thing by staying with her for a few day's to keep an eye on her.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Have a lovely birthday Mrs Zap. 

Avril

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Visit to dentist today following spell in hospital, no obvious evidence in the area of an infected tooth x-ray from today virtually matches one taken in 2017 when root canal work was done, he will check again in 3 months at rearranging check up appointment. Dentist believes it could be a sinus infection which spread across check and jaw in form of cellulitis, at moment all remains a mystery but at least it’s cleared up although still redness under my eye where swelling was. Interestingly GP noted on my file also suggest sinus infection.

Follow up blood test with practice nurse tomorrow, result of swab taken at time of procedure due with my GP next week. Hopefully everything will be back to normal, well it will be when I can have a small glass of wine on Sunday once ABs out of my system, until then I have indulged myself in some of my remaining Christmas Chocolate.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 14

I attended the diagnostic clinic for my hand problems today, eventually! . I arrived at the clinic 10 minutes before the appointment time to be told I was at the wrong building and lots of people make the same mistake. I then had 7 minutes to get to the right place and ended up running and arriving 2 minutes late. It was OK though and it appears my heart was working well. Straight in to see a nice lady clinician and 20 minutes later after various tests I had a diagnosis. Classic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both hands plus advanced Trigger Finger in both hands. The suggested solution is surgery and the referral time is currently 18 days.  Day surgery lasting about 20 minutes under local anasthetic. I hope nothing there to worry an insurance company so it looks good for my July cruise 😁

• Like 17

53 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I attended the diagnostic clinic for my hand problems today, eventually! . I arrived at the clinic 10 minutes before the appointment time to be told I was at the wrong building and lots of people make the same mistake. I then had 7 minutes to get to the right place and ended up running and arriving 2 minutes late. It was OK though and it appears my heart was working well. Straight in to see a nice lady clinician and 20 minutes later after various tests I had a diagnosis. Classic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both hands plus advanced Trigger Finger in both hands. The suggested solution is surgery and the referral time is currently 18 days.  Day surgery lasting about 20 minutes under local anasthetic. I hope nothing there to worry an insurance company so it looks good for my July cruise 😁

Good to hear you got a quick diagnosis and don’t have to wait for results (nearly always the worst part) and looks like you’ll get treatment quite soon.  Looking good for July.   

• Like 3

Good morning everyone, another damp morning here but the forecast is for a dry day later.

We are taking the teenagers out for lunch today because we always used to take them and their mum out at the end of school holidays, they have asked to go to a Sizzling Pub so this will be a new experience for us.

After my recent dealings with Staysure I have had an email questionnaire about my experience renewing my policy.  I have just given the lowest score for everything and ticked "No" for the final question which asks if I will be recommending them to family and friends.

• Like 9

Morning all,just a dull damp 9.c day here but at least the weekends here, not that

it makes much difference when your retired as you can do as little or as much as 

you want really .

My dentist asked me how I was finding retirement compared to when I was In 

work ?  I told him "I now find myself in charge of our TV a lot more and now 

class myself as a remote worker "🙃

Have a good day 🙂

07e89c9f920ce946397a72acc468af1c.jpg.f2efd153008b88a5d1dc71b11475a1b2.jpg       

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We are taking the teenagers out for lunch today because we always used to take them and their mum out at the end of school holidays, they have asked to go to a Sizzling Pub so this will be a new experience for us.

They have an offer on where kids eat for £1 ,so could be a nice experience on your purse 

😉.

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well. I can’t believe it’s Friday already, this week has passed in a bit of a haze.

My mum came out of hospital Weds and got re-admitted into Hosp at tea-time yesterday. Fortunately the Cardiologist rang yesterday afternoon so I was able to discuss my concerns with him about her. She had pain around shoulder blade, very sleepy and not wanting to eat. She had a CT scan last night, there is a small amount of bleeding around her lung that has stopped now and small amount of air. No invasive treatment needed, just keeping her in for a few days.

Grandchildren were coming to stay this weekend but it’s impossible for me to manage that too so they will stay sometime soon.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well. I can’t believe it’s Friday already, this week has passed in a bit of a haze.

My mum came out of hospital Weds and got re-admitted into Hosp at tea-time yesterday. Fortunately the Cardiologist rang yesterday afternoon so I was able to discuss my concerns with him about her. She had pain around shoulder blade, very sleepy and not wanting to eat. She had a CT scan last night, there is a small amount of bleeding around her lung that has stopped now and small amount of air. No invasive treatment needed, just keeping her in for a few days.

Grandchildren were coming to stay this weekend but it’s impossible for me to manage that too so they will stay sometime soon.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Sorry to hear your mam's news Michelle.

Sending my prayers 🙏 and good wishes for your mam's health.

It is sunny and 9°C here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope your Mums back home soon feeling better .The grand kids will be all the more fun 

when you get sorted (house mum etc). Try and make a little time for yourself .

Take care 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thinking of you Michelle. You have done the right thing postponing your grandchildren for a while. You must be exhausted, so look after yourself. Four weeks to our cruise you will need to get yourself ‘me’ time and hopefully we can meet up. Xx

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kalos said:

They have an offer on where kids eat for £1 ,so could be a nice experience on your purse 

😉.

Unfortunately they are teenagers so don't qualify for the kids offer.  The best I can hope for is that they will choose from the 2 for £10.50 choices, though probably won't happen.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Thinking of you Michelle. You have done the right thing postponing your grandchildren for a while. You must be exhausted, so look after yourself. Four weeks to our cruise you will need to get yourself ‘me’ time and hopefully we can meet up. Xx

Thanks Jennizor, unfortunately the cruise is at the back of my mind at the moment but I think I will need the rest by then. Will definitely meet up with you

Michelle 

• Like 2