P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Another cracking day here, hardly a cloud to be seen and a nice 22oC. We had a guided tour of the mountain route of the TT course with a visit to a church where the government body passes their laws and a potted history of the island. As they say every day is a school day. Sadly we are leaving tomorrow with an early start to catch the 09:00 ferry. We have had a great holiday and have been blessed with the weather, which seemingly isn't always good. The food has been excellent albeit limited choice.

• Like 15

I just had the most ridiculous text conversation with my great-niece.  She has been out with 5 of her friends and she sent me a Snapchat of 6 14 year olds doing karaoke  while waiting for their parents to pick them up.

• Haha 3

Morning .a bright sunny start here but the last one for a while and the last day

of this month as well.

Mrs K plans to cut the grass today but hold off watering any plants as it will 

have plenty when the rains are back tomorrow.

We will make sure the garden birds have plenty of water to drink though.

Have a good day and take care .

• Like 11

Up early this morning around 5:30 as the egg and ham salad followed by chocolate cupcake with ice cream appears to have made my stomach go woah! A cup of peppermint teas has helped ease the discomfort.

Sunny start to the day currently 16C expected to rise to possibly 30C this afternoon. There is a risk of rain in early hours of tomorrow, but the daytime forecast is for more warm sunshine, that will help ripen my tomatoes.

I plan to cut the hedge this morning as long as it is not too hot, I checked yesterday to see any birds still nesting there and found zero nests, so I can tidy up the rather untidy hedge. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, janny444 said:

Overcast  here in Lancashire at the moment in more ways than one. The sun is forecast but the gloom will remain 

Just clouded over here too in last 30 mins, had blue skies earlier!!

Michelle

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning .a bright sunny start here but the last one for a while and the last day

of this month as well.

Mrs K plans to cut the grass today but hold off watering any plants as it will 

have plenty when the rains are back tomorrow.

We will make sure the garden birds have plenty of water to drink though.

Have a good day and take care .

For us the forecast has changed the last 24 hrs or so. After a disappointingly cloudy day for much of yesterday the forecast for today is dry until Monday except Friday night, even though there is a thunder storm warning out for tomorrow they are only showing a 10% chance here.

Im watching the Olympic women’s triathlon at the moment and the men’s is now scheduled for 9.45 today. I’ve noticed that several words now drop the ‘ing’ by some people, swimming cap they call swim cap, chasing group - chase group, in motor sport racing car - race car etc…

• Like 7

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Nothing much planned today except a bit of shopping for my mum, a trip to the gym and usual household stuff. 

Its a lovely morning, hubby just gone on the beach with the dogs.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

Good morning. After a ridiculously warm evening and night (altho we had some rain around 5am) it is starting to warm up again now.
Freddie has been walked early and will no doubt be asking for his lunch soon!

We were going into Surrey today for a picnic with friends and to visit my Mum’s grave (17 years ago today she passed), but I think she will be pleased I opted to stay at home in the relative cool.

I’m also watching the triathlon this morning but I also thoroughly enjoyed the tennis and the swimming last night (at one point I had tv on for tennis and ipad on for the swimming!).

Have a good day everyone.

Gill x

• Like 8

Morning to you all,

Looking out this morning when I got up, it looked as though we have had rain overnight again. It's currently  19c down here at present with partly sunny skies, and expected to get warmer.

Nothing exciting planned, just the normal chores and finish reading my book in the garden later.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 7

We are on our way home, we left Douglas at 08:45, sea state is force three and calm. There isn't a cloud to be seen but cool on the back of the ferry as we are out of the sun. 

Our friends texted to ask if we fancied a BBQ at theirs this evening so that tops off the holiday and no cooking again.

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning. After a ridiculously warm evening and night (altho we had some rain around 5am) it is starting to warm up again now.
Freddie has been walked early and will no doubt be asking for his lunch soon!

We were going into Surrey today for a picnic with friends and to visit my Mum’s grave (17 years ago today she passed), but I think she will be pleased I opted to stay at home in the relative cool.

I’m also watching the triathlon this morning but I also thoroughly enjoyed the tennis and the swimming last night (at one point I had tv on for tennis and ipad on for the swimming!).

Have a good day everyone.

Gill x

Thinking of you today Gill on your dear mam's 17th memory in heaven.

17°C and partly sunny here.

Graham xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all , it’s lovely blue skies and 22 at the moment reaching 37 today.

I went to visit my sister yesterday in Fareham and went out to lunch , it was so big it was my breakfast, lunch, dinner rolled into one . What normally takes me a 50 minute run to home took me 3 hours yesterday after a accident on the M27 in 33c heat , it was very hot yesterday.

Tomorrow I have a small op on my big toe for a ingrown toenail, so having it sliced off a bit and I’m not looking forward to that , plenty of rest afterwards to watch more of the Olympics 😁

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all , it’s lovely blue skies and 22 at the moment reaching 37 today.

I went to visit my sister yesterday in Fareham and went out to lunch , it was so big it was my breakfast, lunch, dinner rolled into one . What normally takes me a 50 minute run to home took me 3 hours yesterday after a accident on the M27 in 33c heat , it was very hot yesterday.

Tomorrow I have a small op on my big toe for a ingrown toenail, so having it sliced off a bit and I’m not looking forward to that , plenty of rest afterwards to watch more of the Olympics 😁

Ooh that makes me realise I’ve made a wise decision as I use A31/M27.

I had that op on toe nearly 50 years ago and never suffered again! Yes, feet up after!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Nearly a successful day at Gunwharf yesterday.  Nothing DW fancied in the Michael Kors shop and the snobby sales Lady gave me a huff and a men don't understand......Can I help you sir ? Yes convince my wife it is all well overpriced.....result. We walked around the corner and there was the Radley shop....poo £99. I got a shirt. in the Crew shop. That'll do for our Anthem cruise....you've got lots of polo shirts....women don't understand....Lunch in Carluccios. 25% off with taste card. Stay at home today.🤣

Edited by zap99
spell check changed " Got a shirt to..got the Sh....caught it in time🤣
  • Like 9

Went to cut the hedge this morning and the hedge cutter didn’t start, only then did I realise I had plugged the battery charger in at 8am, but forgot to switch it on. 🤦‍♂️

It’s now 26C and too hot to cut the hedge which is currently in full sun. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I had to cut my walk short earlier and go along a back lane because I found it too hot at 25° to do the full walk today.

We shouldn't moan though, tomorrow is predicted to be 23° with a chance of rain in the morning.

I will be bowling tomorrow evening so I can almost guarantee rain from 6 to 8pm even though the forecast says only a very slight chance.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Went to cut the hedge this morning and the hedge cutter didn’t start, only then did I realise I had plugged the battery charger in at 8am, but forgot to switch it on. 🤦‍♂️

My mother in law did that with her cordless Dyson, she was about to buy a new Dyson because it had 'gone dead'. We had it to look at it, charged it and it worked OK. After a week had gone by again it wasn't working and 'must have a fault' 'might as well a get new one', we went round and she was plugging it in but forgetting to switch it on 🤣 That was 3 years ago and still going strong and faultless since 🤞

• Like 7

Thank you for posting these photo’s, they bring back fond memories.

My Father was in Broadlands care home for 8 years before his passing in 2022.  Broadlands is just left of the photos you have posted and had its own jetty.  He loved to sit in his wheelchair just watching the boats passing by.

I suspect you were in Nicholas Everitt Park, a lovely place.

Regards

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, royallondon said:

Thank you for posting these photo’s, they bring back fond memories.

My Father was in Broadlands care home for 8 years before his passing in 2022.  Broadlands is just left of the photos you have posted and had its own jetty.  He loved to sit in his wheelchair just watching the boats passing by.

I suspect you were in Nicholas Everitt Park, a lovely place.

Regards

Yes the park has lovely views. This is one from 2021. Not sure if it is left enough the place you are talking about. b728e026-ea3d-427f-ac5f-6e0ed5556c1c.thumb.jpeg.733c06474e3c6601189662916914e414.jpeg

• Thanks 1