P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Spot on Andy and Avril.My OH got the news that her aunt and uncle died last week within days of each other.They lived in Hackney and she had dementure,they both contracted the virus from visiting carers.They were in their 80s.My OH's sister skyped us yesterday,she lives in Basingstoke with her disabled husband who also needs carers 3 times a day.The family has kept her in the dark over this to stop her worrying.She's trying to work out why they died so close to each other.Bloody nightmare with all this lack of testing and coverups.That's the serious bit over,I'll carry on having a banter with you lot now.

I'm so sorry for  your loss Brian. Please give my best to your OH. It's the distance that's the worst thing about this. The most important time that you should be together. 

Banter away now Brian. Oatcakes versus cornflake box wasn't it?

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just read the morning report about our city and we had another few hundres fall ill with corona. The funny thing is I never heard any of those falling ill commenting on their health status. As if their phones are taken away and the are limited to communication with the outer world. I want to hear these people. Maybe there is some designated chat for those who have corona? 

22 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Spot on Andy and Avril.My OH got the news that her aunt and uncle died last week within days of each other.They lived in Hackney and she had dementure,they both contracted the virus from visiting carers.They were in their 80s.My OH's sister skyped us yesterday,she lives in Basingstoke with her disabled husband who also needs carers 3 times a day.The family has kept her in the dark over this to stop her worrying.She's trying to work out why they died so close to each other.Bloody nightmare with all this lack of testing and coverups.That's the serious bit over,I'll carry on having a banter with you lot now.

Give our love to Mrs Bucket, our thoughts are with your family. X

On a lighter note, I have pie, mash and liqueur for my tea... 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm so sorry for  your loss Brian. Please give my best to your OH. It's the distance that's the worst thing about this. The most important time that you should be together. 

Banter away now Brian. Oatcakes versus cornflake box wasn't it?

Avril 

We'll organise a blind tasting.

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Being from North of the river, it would have been Kelly's for me, but they don't deliver, so Goddards it is... 

Andy 

The best one in Romford now is Robins in the arcade.Mcdowells not so good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I have tasted my blind, plastic and dust in my opinion!

I prefer Venetian cuisine to Roman, myself.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we were staying in Venice we asked for garlic bread but they said garlic bread is not Italian and they didn't cook it.

Are you sure you was not in the Little Italy on the seafront Graham ?  :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Please think about those who are having to deal with people having mental  health issues at the moment.  

We do Josey as that with a host of other problems in all our lives .By the time this Virus is done all of us will have a story to tell.

The hard part for us all is not being able to go and see our loved ones when they are hurting and give them a hug .

You and your family and sister take care.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

OH got the news that her aunt and uncle died last week within days of each other.

So sorry to hear of your double loss Brian 

You and your family take care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we were staying in Venice we asked for garlic bread but they said garlic bread is not Italian and they didn't cook it.

LOL,the only garlic bread we get here is actually a garlic pizza,only then if the wood oven is lit, which is mainly in the evening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Are you sure you was not in the Little Italy on the seafront Graham ?  :classic_wink:

Actually never been in Little Italy which is on Seaburn promenade.

We had 3 cruises from Venice on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the seas and stayed pre cruise twice.

We asked for Garlic bread in a few restaurants in Venice and they said it is not made in Italy and it is a British dish.

My grandmother was from Venice.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,the only garlic bread we get here is actually a garlic pizza,only then if the wood oven is lit, which is mainly in the evening.

Our condolences too for the loss of your OH aunt and uncle.

My mam and dad died within 4 months of each other which was distressing.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pete14 said:

No, but pikelets have currants sprinkled on the top when our local oatcake shop makes them.

If one of our bakers had that on his crumpets/pikelet's  I would tell him to phone up Rentokill :classic_unsure:

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Kalos's currants contain added fibre.

They are very organic Brian .:classic_wink: