P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Hairdressers will be in hysterics when their clients walk in. They'll definitely have their work cut out for them😉

Avril 

Though I’m not too sure about the quality of the cut, with the scissors fixed to the end of a two metre pole!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

You can't come in the MDR looking like that. Formal night don't you know and your hair is tooo long...............flipping hippies.

No better not. We wouldn't want to upstage anyone.😊

Avril 

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Though I’m not too sure about the quality of the cut, with the scissors fixed to the end of a two metre pole!

I thought we'd already had this conversation before about your hair Harry. We settled on the Willie Nelson plait if I remember right.😉

Avril 

Venturing out of front door tomorrow, having picnic on front drive to see and shout, and have banter with neighbours. Fortunately we all have double drives.

Its the little things in life that you miss.

Down loaded and printed union flag, loads, will attached to cardboard tonight, ready to place around the table.

Table cloth being ironed, and food prepared.

All doing our own little picnics

All have been locked down, but all aware of what is going on. we will be at least 6m apart, and think we may distance further, quite scary really, but has got to be done.

Menu is fish!

Whale meat again!

Every one have a good day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Venturing out of front door tomorrow, having picnic on front drive to see and shout, and have banter with neighbours. Fortunately we all have double drives.

Down loaded and printed union flag, loads, will attached to cardboard tonight, ready to place around the table.

All have been locked down, but all aware of what is going on. we will be at least 6m apart, and think we may distance further, quite scary really, but has got to be done.

Menu is fish!

Whale meat again!

Have a fantastic time, sounds excellent. 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have a fantastic time, sounds excellent. 

Andy 

Thank you Andy

Have to admit, after 8 weeks, feeling slightly nervous.

As a full time carer, responsibility in the situation is off the scale.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Thank you Andy

Have to admit, after 8 weeks, feeling slightly nervous.

As a full time carer, responsibility in the situation is off the scale.

It's just a bit of fresh air and a wave to your neighbours, nothing to stress about. I know, easier said than done eh... 

Let yourself relax a little bit, there is no risk involved. 

Happy VE day. 

Andy 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Menu is fish!

Whale meat again!

Fish on the menu. I read the whale meat again at first and thought that was an interesting choice for the picnic. I have some in the fridge I brought back from Norway before lockdown, it’s tasty. So you can see why my mind travelled in that direction.

Then the penny dropped - thick or what😀

Have a lovely day, hope the weather holds out for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Menu is fish!

Whale meat again!

That reminds me, we've got a load of flags that the ole lady kept bringing home from the heady days of the Great British Sail Away.  Finally got a use for them!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought we'd already had this conversation before about your hair Harry. We settled on the Willie Nelson plait if I remember right.😉

Avril 

If only, Avril!  My wife's been cutting my hair for quite some time now, ever since my favourite barber shop closed down - it was quite a few miles away but the craic in there was incredible.  The hairdresser, mind, used to have regular anger management sessions and it always seemed sensible to measure comments carefully, given that she was armed with scissors!  If I'd suggested a plait she'd have freaked!

Harry

Hi, had a joint hair cutting day about 2 weeks ago. I let hubby cut my long hair and then I did his ------ telling him that I would repay any mistakes.

Have to say he did a really good job and I now have a decent bob (well the bits I can see are ok, it may look like chewed grass at the back). I think I did a pretty good job with his .. though I say so myself. It isn't perfect, but he no longer looks like John Travolta when he was in Grease ………..

Have to say I have never seen him look so worried as he was when I was snipping away merrily.

It has been a lovely day here. Feel really sad that we are all unable to celebrate VE Day as had been planned originally but glorious weather has been a real blessing over the last 8 weeks. We have spent the last 2 days in the garden uncovering some flower beds (!) so we now ache all over !!!!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

My lovely peeps

how do YOU make jacket potatoes?

mine went terribly wrong last week and I am going to attempt them again. 

Clean, poke with a fork and wrap in foil. Gas mark 4 for 1 hour 30 for larger tatties. Last 15 minutes remove the foil to let the skin crisp up. Sorted.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

My lovely peeps

Combination microwave - quick and simple, but perfect every time.  Starts them as a microwave and finishes them as an oven.

I hope this easing of restrictions will allow me back to work.  Had enough of being here.  Looking forward to my lovely office on the Harbour.  Only 2 of us work in there, so no problem with distancing and new perspex screens at the front desk.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I hope this easing of restrictions will allow me back to work.  Had enough of being here.  Looking forward to my lovely office on the Harbour.  Only 2 of us work in there, so no problem with distancing and new perspex screens at the front desk.

We are locked down here for the foreseeable, along with those living in Wales. It will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday with England.

The Scottish government has a general consultation open at the moment and while there are a lot of really interesting suggestions on it, some of the comments are really annoying me. They are a blatant age discrimination - basically lock down the old and the sick then let everyone else out - fine if it were not for the fact that I am fitter than many of the obese/ lazy/ alcoholic/ drug taking people much younger than me.

People see the speck in others eyes but not the log in their own!

Hope you get back soon Jean.

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

My lovely peeps

We just clean them, poke holes in them and stick them in the oven until they look nice and crispy. It takes as long as it takes. Sorry, not very technical. We like the skin nice and crunchy ;-)

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Have to say that we are still at work with limited staff but it is good to be in --- everyone is worried at first but after a few minutes it is just good to see other people (even though at a distance!)

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We just clean them, poke holes in them and stick them in the oven until they look nice and crispy. It takes as long as it takes. Sorry, not very technical. We like the skin nice and crunchy 😉

Bonfire night recipe ...

Some of the best roast tatties were what we did as kids .We would get a spud and bury it in the dying embers of 

of the bonfire  .The next morning we would rake them out and they tasted brill if you spat out the carbon crust .

So as you say not very technical  providing the spud was a decent size ,if not you were left with a lump of carbon .:classic_wink:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

My lovely peeps

2 hours in t'oven, 180 degree. no foil no holes straight in t'oven,  they come out with crispy skin, which I eat as well.

Failing that, see if spuds are us deliver?😍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's just a bit of fresh air and a wave to your neighbours, nothing to stress about. I know, easier said than done eh... 

Let yourself relax a little bit, there is no risk involved. 

Happy VE day. 

Andy 

Andy,

Wow, felt good and human, 5 households, involved all at least 4 metre distant, but unfortunately heard that  some were struggling mentally so have decided to do similar in support once a week.

• Like 2