P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

A bit grey here as well. 

I'm cooking today for us and a few local oldies, (meals on wheels) so if you hear of an outbreak of a food related illness, you know where 'ground zero' was... 

Just waiting for Boris to tell us it was all a hoax and we can get back to normal tomorrow... 

Andy 

If so, we're off to Canada and Alaska in 4 weeks.😷

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Again, breaking news from the BBC website

“The reproduction rate of the virus in Germany has risen above one, causing concern days after some restrictions were eased.

The country's "R-value" - the average number of people a patient will infect - is now 1.1, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for disease control said.”

so what do we do then? 

if these countries are opening up and the virus is getting higher again do we just stay like this until there is a cure/vaccine? Even though the vaccine might not ever come. 

It really is going to get to a point where we cannot keep everything shut. It is not possible. I think Harry has said it before. If there isn’t enough people working then there won’t be enough people paying into the government for the government to pay for nhs etc. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

But aren’t they all just theories 

they don’t know for sure we will find a vaccine

same as they can’t say that herd immunity will work

it’s all a game of roll the dice. No one has the answers. We are all just backing different horses to see who wins. 

awful to say but this could also be nature’s way of trying to fix issues cause by us humans too. 

Mostly theories, yes, but herd immunity is long established.  It works.  Unfortunately, though, it does inevitably involve (when there's no vaccine) infecting large numbers of people, and with this particular virus we do know that in the 60+ age group many of those will die.  Whether that's a reasonable price to pay depends, I suppose, on personal opinion.  And maybe your age.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ask 100 different people what “staying alert” means and you will get 100 different answers.

There is no clarity in this message and removing the stay at home will mean there is a free for all which has already stated according to the park scenes being shown from London. People simply ignoring the Police asking them to move on.

Quick straw poll on here, in terms of a virus what does “stay alert” mean?

Disinfectant kills the blighter. If disinfecting the outside works, I wonder if,,.................. Probably not a good idea☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

399CE216-34FD-48F9-8988-E332C902C567.jpeg.07b679f47cca7c6a3693e3e6a463bb1e.jpeg

It's important to note that these figures are not compiled on a like for like basis. In  Italy, for example, many of those who died in care homes were not swabbed for CV19, and therefore their deaths were not included. 

I'm not saying that the UK is performing well, but until all countries report to a common standard, charts like this need to be treated with caution

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

16B3CC09-0E9F-486E-A06C-7453A89BD815.thumb.jpeg.6aae62665f9d8d34339e9af40f2ac971.jpeg

Unfortunately, you can tell em what you like, if the garden centres open this week as expected, every other retailer will start bending the rules, (Wren kitchens are already doing it)... The hordes will be out... 

People I know are acting recklessly already, it will only get worse... 

Andy 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Disinfectant kills the blighter. If disinfecting the outside works, I wonder if,,.................. Probably not a good idea☠️

I'm gonna try that... 

My tombstone will read ' Here lies Andy, he listened to Zapp once too often' ... 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pine Man said:

Everybody is worried about a second wave..................how many are we allowed?

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Mexican I suspect... 

Andy 

A Mexican, last thing we need is Hispanic attacks.:classic_wink: Enough on with our own .:classic_smile:

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

the moon is perfect. Surprisingly better than I would have thought. Although getting a delivery there is near on impossible. I’ll come back down to earth when it’s safe. If not I will be taking my holidays on Mars 

Lol 

Only problem is there is no water up there so cruising is off up there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

none 😂 

knew it was a mistake getting them out. 

having broccoli today which is my eldests favourite (not)

never know if I should make her eat them or not. 

This reminded me of my brother, as a child he would always tell mum that he didn't like broccoli so could he please have some little trees.  I will have to remind him when he calls me this evening.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Unfortunately, you can tell em what you like, if the garden centres open this week as expected, every other retailer will start bending the rules, (Wren kitchens are already doing it)... The hordes will be out... 

Andy 

Andy, if these stores were not compelled to close initially, then surely if they can now exercise safe social distancing  there is nothing wrong with them reopening.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

The social distancing in some retailers has been exceptionally well organised and some have been useless once inside.

If social distancing is properly organised in store great, I can understand why retailers would try and open as some will go bust otherwise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I'm gonna try that... 

My tombstone will read ' Here lies Andy, he listened to Zapp once too often' ... 😊

Good plan ...  What Could Go Wrong ? 

TRUMP FINDS HOMEMADE CURE  FOR COVID  :classic_unsure:  :classic_wacko:

"Wash thirteen times a day in Domestos, dry yourself on a sunbed each time for two hours,

then inject a quart of Dettol, it's so simple, I've been doing it all my life and I look great,

don't I look great? people always say I look great"

EWWKhr3XgAA9tPR.jpg.2e6a94876b2da5d9cea72887bd3dcdae.jpg.0d54225a7d2350d28c86e7933da62b3a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Mind you Andy, making garden centres close was an idiotic decision in the first place. If a small off licence could legally open, where it was difficult for customers to keep apart, why on earth couldn't garden centres be allowed to open, with their large open areas where social distancing would be easy to enforce?

• Like 3

BBC breaking news again

”Wuhan, the Chinese city where the coronavirus outbreak started, has reported its first new case of Covid-19 for more than a month.

The case is one of 14 new infections reported by China’s National Health Commission. The patient, a 89-year-old man, is in critical condition and had previously been asymptomatic before testing positive, local media reported.

The man's local residential community has been put under tight restrictions following the diagnosis, according to the reports.”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Mind you Andy, making garden centres close was an idiotic decision in the first place. If a small off licence could legally open, where it was difficult for customers to keep apart, why on earth couldn't garden centres be allowed to open, with their large open areas where social distancing would be easy to enforce?

Spot on,they can plant people wherever they want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Which alert is everyone going to be ?

alert. Synonyms: active, brisk, nimble, prepared, prompt, vigilant, ready, wakeful, watchful, on the watch, lively

it is too confusing for me, I will have to Stay Home 🤔

• Like 2