P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Don't worry ,it was just a passing thought , when your heads full of a medical phone call .

I told you ages back if I was not going to post I would tell you and because I wasn't going

anywhere I didn't tell anyone but if I do I will , that's a promise :classic_smile:

The point I was getting over to Dave was we can all have a bad moment , think all your 

options through and come to a good one and if that don't work then talk to someone as

he did , even us lot on here . I consider my self told off ,dread to think what or Else is ? :classic_smile:

I think that thought goes through everyone's mind especially if someone has been rude or disrespectful towards you.

I'm sure you will cruise again but even if you didn't your cruising experience would be helpful to others.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just done my happy dance, I just received message from the doctor.  I just have to get unblinded on the vaccine trial now so that I can book my vaccination if necessary.  I just wish that they had sent David's first.  I am 67 so they are obviously starting to vaccinate under 70 s in Stoke.Screenshot_20210209-165813.thumb.png.37ab4fedf25059ea6d7a035115ac5c61.png

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just done my happy dance, I just received message from the doctor.  I just have to get unblinded on the vaccine trial now so that I can book my vaccination if necessary.  I just wish that they had sent David's first.  I am 67 so they are obviously starting to vaccinate under 70 s in Stoke.Screenshot_20210209-165813.thumb.png.37ab4fedf25059ea6d7a035115ac5c61.png

Delighted for you Josy.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Hello everyone I am still here and somewhat embarrassed at all your kind replies. It is not much of a depression, honest, just initial signs that I recognized from the last time which thankfully was quite some time ago and even then never became really dangerous. The snow has stopped and the sun is shining and the kids are screaming and shouting as they sledge down the slope outside and I had a good long talk with my neighbour. I was thinking where would we be without the internet and forums like this. I will bounce back soon enough.

I am pleased you are staying, I had a wobble last week after a reply to one of my posts left me in tears but the replies from others on the forum made me realise that there is a lot of support on here. I hope that you are soon feeling better.  I think that we have all been under so much stress for the last year that it is normal to feel depressed from time to time.

To quote Captain Tom "tomorrow will be a better day".

Edited by Josy1953
Punctuation
  • Like 15

We are also glad to have you back onboard as well Josy. Great to read 

your getting sorted out with your Jab and hope David's is not too far

behind yours as he has a heart condition which needs protection as well.

Both of you stay safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to see you back wowzz, we've been a tad worried.

Avril

Wonderful  ..Wowzz goes AWOL  and gets "Nice to see you back"

I only thought about it and I get  a "Or Else " warning :classic_unsure:  

Just saying :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

We are also glad to have you back onboard as well Josy. Great to read 

your getting sorted out with your Jab and hope David's is not too far

behind yours as he has a heart condition which needs protection as well.

Both of you stay safe .:classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos, we have both said that even after we have been vaccinated we will still not be doing anything different to what we have been doing since this all started because we are not really risk takers.

I suspect that David will get a letter in the next few days because he refuses to register for online access so the surgery don't have his mobile number or email.  When I ring the surgery  I may ask the them if he can have his at the same time as me.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Pleased for you Josy

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

As a fellow sufferer I know where you are right now, and it is very tempting for people to say 'Cheer up, things will get better' and hope it helps. It's true, it will get better, but when you're in that 'zone' it's hard to see it. Have a word with your doctor first Dave, and maybe some mild medication can help if you think your depression may get worse. I have had a few worrying symptoms myself during this past year and occasionally found it hard to cope, but I used a theraputic trick my doctor taught me years ago when I went through a very bad period.  I know it will be difficult at the moment, but try to focus on all the good and positives in your life, because I am sure there must be many, and if needs be, write them down so you can add to it daily or re-read. CC was also a lifeline for me, and was a great help during the bad times. Just keep posting and chatting to us, and I will help you as much as I can. It won't be long until you're back to your normal cat-scaring self and your depression will melt away, just like the snow🙂

Avril

Great advice Avril.

Hearing what you have gone through this year is heartbreaking but I'm delighted that you joined us and we were able to help you just like you were a big boost to us with your good humour and interesting posts.

Take care.

Graham x.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you Kalos, we have both said that even after we have been vaccinated we will still not be doing anything different to what we have been doing since this all started because we are not really risk takers.

I suspect that David will get a letter in the next few days because he refuses to register for online access so the surgery don't have his mobile number or email.  When I ring the surgery  I may ask the them if he can have his at the same time as me.

My hubby isn't registered for online services at our GP but thats because he is rarely ill.I persuaded him to phone the surgery to let them have his mobile number so that at least he can (hopefully) receive his vaccine appointment by text

• Like 4

Paging kalos - message for Mr Kalos

I’ve had an idea for another photo-extravaganza, if you’d like to pick it up and run with it

”Around the World in 80 (or more) days”

Start at Southampton, inviting pics (especially) but also memories and anecdotes, and proceed, slowly, literally around the world - on cruise ships, obvs

So, I’m thinking, (though if you take it on just do it as suits you best) Southampton followed by round GB & Ireland (decide clockwise or anti-clockwise, decide whether to include Scandinavia, Iceland, Baltic - or whether to leave them till the end), then Iberia and Canaries, then Med.  Decide whether to do Med one & a half times & head off round the world through Suez or to go once round the Med & then go transatlantic - etc etc etc

I think it might need a bit of refereeing 

Just an idea.  Love it if you fancy organising.  If not - no matter.  Good luck

• Like 3