P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

dunno if I’m showing my age but I don’t get it. 🤔

anyhow I know I’ve been off here in ages cos I had to take a break from social media things as had a bad few months, I would hate to return and all the regulars that I missed not be on here. I know a lot of you are a lot older than me and we are only over the internet but it’s nice to hear from people who have kept you sane over this last year especially so I totally get why some need a break from here but I feel like you regulars should always come back even if we never get to cruise again. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Wonderful  ..Wowzz goes AWOL  and gets "Nice to see you back"

I only thought about it and I get  a "Or Else " warning :classic_unsure:  

Just saying :classic_smile:

Wowzz went AWOL for a while, you we're considering leaving us for good. Big big difference🤨

Avril

• Like 2

More good news for us, David's sister just called to tell me that her daughter in law has had a baby boy and my nephew text me while I was taking to her to tell me that he has taken his wife to the hospital because she has gone into labour with their baby so it looks like we are getting 2 great nephews possibly on the same day or one day apart. 

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

More good news for us, David's sister just called to tell me that her daughter in law has had a baby boy and my nephew text me while I was taking to her to tell me that he has taken his wife to the hospital because she has gone into labour with their baby so it looks like we are getting 2 great nephews possibly on the same day or one day apart. 

Fantastic news Josy.

36 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Paging kalos - message for Mr Kalos

I’ve had an idea for another photo-extravaganza, if you’d like to pick it up and run with it

”Around the World in 80 (or more) days”

Start at Southampton, inviting pics (especially) but also memories and anecdotes, and proceed, slowly, literally around the world - on cruise ships, obvs

So, I’m thinking, (though if you take it on just do it as suits you best) Southampton followed by round GB & Ireland (decide clockwise or anti-clockwise, decide whether to include Scandinavia, Iceland, Baltic - or whether to leave them till the end), then Iberia and Canaries, then Med.  Decide whether to do Med one & a half times & head off round the world through Suez or to go once round the Med & then go transatlantic - etc etc etc

I think it might need a bit of refereeing 

Just an idea.  Love it if you fancy organising.  If not - no matter.  Good luck

It's a good Idea but what you need is someone who has travelled to all the places you mention

and have plenty of photos, that would merit to get it up and going . I really struggled to find photo's for the Catch A Photo  Phrase . We were more personal family films than photo's .

Izzywiz said she had loads of photo's and is very well travelled . If she see's this post ? I would suggest that anyone who could set this up respond to this post and help Eddie out .Where I can possibly help I will , Hope to see this up and running as it is a good idea .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

It's a good Idea but what you need is someone who has travelled to all the places you mention

and have plenty of photos, that would merit to get it up and going . I really struggled to find photo's for the Catch A Photo  Phrase . We were more personal family films than photo's .

Izzywiz said she had loads of photo's and is very well travelled . If she see's this post ? I would suggest that anyone who could set this up respond to this post and help Eddie out .Where I can possibly help I will , Hope to see this up and running as it is a good idea .

Just thought we haven't heard from @Izzywiz for a while.

I hope she is keeping well.

Isobel has a fantastic collection of photos that she posted on the photo threads.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Isobel has a fantastic collection of photos that she posted on the photo threads.

It seems as if she only posts on photo threads so starting a new one might bring her back.

Avril

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

illustration-calligraphic-inscription-congratulations-vector-element-design-illustration-calligraphic-inscription-149833255.jpg.d329fd8717f5fc61ff0aaabb5d478a30.jpg

What did I keep saying Josy ? Best wishes to you , David &family :classic_biggrin:

believe-good-things-on-way-2-220x300.jpg.0194225e7c77bc4efdbc05040077e945.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Congratulations Josy. Nice to hear some good news for a change.  Hope all are doing well.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good news and in good company as Princess Eugenie has just given birth to a baby boy

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It seems as if she only posts on photo threads so starting a new one might bring her back.

Avril

That is what brought her to mind Graham , loads of photo's and cruised just about everywhere .

I think leave it a day in the hope she is well and reads this .

I think there is a fair few missing @kruzseeka has not posted for a while and I hope  she is OK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

That is what brought her to mind Graham , loads of photo's and cruised just about everywhere .

I think there is a fair few missing @kruzseeka has not posted for a while and I hope  she is OK.

Bobupandown still worries me. It has to be about 6 months now since he posted.

Avril

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so pleased you are at last having some good news, and congratulations on the arrival of your two great nephews.

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

That's certainly something to lift your spirits Josy.

• Like 1

Oh you lot make me smile! I’ve just read through about 4 pages!

Had a bit more snow today, more than yesterday, it ruined my daffs! 😞

We’ve had rubbish collections all through Covid but not today .

Dave - glad you feel a bit more upbeat. 
Josy- great news all round!

More people cancelling their appointments today because of the snow so pretty busy.

John and I went for a walk this afternoon,  one direction the wind was bitter!

Sleep well everyone and hope we have a good day tomorrow, my happy moment was being sent photos of our grandson in the snow.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hi Kalos, yes I'm still here and reading every day following everyone's news and views.  Especially pleased to hear of those who are getting their jabs, and those of you who are doing ok coping with health issues.  Thanks for thinking of me - we're  riding it out like everyone else, staying positive with hopes of better times ahead.   Take care (l know you do) and keep well.  I love to read your posts and send my very best wishes.  🤗

• Like 9