P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I admit, 4 - 0 is a good win. Ukraine were poor although we may have made them look worse than they are. Still lacking in flair though, too much backwards and sideways passing that made it tedious to watch at times. We have skilful players but they need to be allowed to take on defenders or play more adventurous passes to forward players. Denmark may make things difficult on Wednesday with their more aggressive attacking play.

Oh for goodness sake! 4-0 and you are still complaining! 

The likes of Shearer, Ferdinand, and Lampard seem to view the game differently, but I bow to your football knowledge  - how many times have you played international football?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Oh for goodness sake! 4-0 and you are still complaining! 

The likes of Shearer, Ferdinand, and Lampard seem to view the game differently, but I bow to your football knowledge  - how many times have you played international football?

Not complaining but wishing we would take a more adventurous approach using the skilful, quick players we have to attack opponents and play forward passes to our striker. Just because I have never played international football does not make my comments invalid. You could have asked how many times I have failed as a football manager. The answer is fewer than two of the ‘experts’ you have mentioned not that that negates their or my opinion.

51 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Luke Shaw was outstanding. So pleased for him and hope Jose Mourinho will now eat his words in public. Great performance. J.x

I imagine Jose will be taking the credit for his great psychology in making Shaw a better player,  after all he is the special one.🤔

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Not complaining but wishing we would take a more adventurous approach using the skilful, quick players we have to attack opponents and play forward passes to our striker. Just because I have never played international football does not make my comments invalid. You could have asked how many times I have failed as a football manager. The answer is fewer than two of the ‘experts’ you have mentioned not that that negates their or my opinion.

I'm just happy with a win, rather than an adventurous loss!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning I hope everyone is good this morning :classic_smile: The folks on Britannia will

be as they pass Lands End before cruising up the west coast of Cornwall. Some old 

to cruising and some new to cruising . Some will be eager to book the next cruise and

can't wait . It's fine to be enthusiastic about sailing... Just don't go overboard :classic_unsure: It's great

thinking back to your first cruise ,I was nervous about meeting new people on a cruise...
... until I realised, we are all in the same boat. Not a boat though it's a ship, those little 

orange things dangling over the side of the ships are boats !:classic_smile:  There is so much you can

do as well, I once took a Spanish language course on a cruise ship and I got lost at si :classic_ohmy:

Some people will scurry around the ship filming it which is nice but the people who use selfie

sticks on cruise ships  really need to have a good, long look at themselves.:classic_wink:  I hope the new

holiday app works well, much better than carrying one of those pager's about .The last time

me and the Mrs  went to the ships restaurant .The Waiter said, I am sorry but we are so busy

tonight. Would you mind waiting for a bit? I said no problem. He said "well take these drinks

up to table 10 for me please .":classic_smile: On dry land everyone seems busy as well ,I only have to

look at all the photo's posted on here of your travels and exploits and very nice they are too.

Ships are to be soon up to 50% and soon to be full again I'm sure ..Even I seem to be getting 

busier with things to do and my nephews who are in the building trade are fitting new skirting

boards for us today .Very kind of them to fit us in between doing a full weeks work . :classic_love:

I have posted almost every morning for quite a while now to lift us all with a bit of brightness 

and fun but as from today I may not post every morning as I have other things to do  at the

moment . I hope you enjoyed  the posts as much as I enjoyed doing them but I will do a

morning post again at some point . Always remember a joke should be like a skirt, long

enough to cover the subject ,but short enough to keep it interesting. Thank you :classic_smile:

Stay safe and be happy :classic_love:

Ohhh Kalos I will miss your early morning words of sunshine to cheer us all up and start our day , you also need a virtual medal 🏅🏅🏅 for keeping us all in good spirits but I understand the time and effort it takes for you to do this , and you need a break now so rest time well earned and pleased that your still be popping in now and again, until then stay safe and well both of you 😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

I do understand and agree with your view to an extent Pete, but my concern is that, prior to the tournament, none of us thought our defence was good enough. As a team, we cannot afford to take too many risks of losing the ball going forward and putting ourselves under pressure. 

I think Southgate has had his game management spot on so far. 

We are not the best team in the world and have to adapt. 

Andy 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I imagine Jose will be taking the credit for his great psychology in making Shaw a better player,  after all he is the special one.🤔

You're probably right John. The man has an ego the size of Brazil and admitting to being wrong doesn't figure in his psyche. What he thinks privately may be another matter - no, still right! Jane.x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

I have found that watching the development of our 2 holding midfielders over this competition has been amazing. Rice and Phillip's must now be the envy of all the remaining teams, they have been the catalyst to produce 5 clean sheets, which is probably the main reason we are in the semi final.

I find that watching world class defensive players can be just as rewarding as out and out attackers, and yesterday we got to see both.

• Like 4

Morning all, just popping in quickly. Hubby and I enjoyed the football at home after an M&S pizza, dough balls and salad with wine.

Off in a while to finally see my sister’s  house in Worthing, she moved last summer! Weather not looking great for the day but we’re there to see them and the house so it won’t spoil the day too much. 

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I shall miss your morning posts kalos. They have kept our spirits up and given us something to look forward too each morning, when things have been difficult. They have been a big help to me when I've been low and brought a smile to my face when nothing else could. You are a wonderful  caring friend that I have yet to meet. Hopefully, one day.

Take care Kalos and Mrs Kalos and stay safe.😘

Avril x

Hope you’re ok Avril, haven’t seen you post much lately.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hope you’re ok Avril, haven’t seen you post much lately.

Morning Sue. Yes thank you, I'm fine, and I read through eveyone's posts a couple of times a day. I'm just feeling at a loose end at the moment. One day is begining to merge into the next with no change on the horizon, same old, same old. As neither of us can drive any longer - health reasons, we are restricted to public transport and I'm still not very comfortable in crowds just yet. I seem to have turned into a recluse and I'm finding it difficult to shake myself out of it. I'm living vicariously through everyone's holidays, days out and restaurant dining.😉

There's plenty to keep us occupied at home though.  After the new bathroom was finally finished🙄 Frank decided in his wisdom, to completely redecorate and refurbish the house from top to bottom. It's starting looking nice now and I've enjoyed choosing new soft furnishings and light fitments etc, but blimey the upheavel!!😬

Have an enjoyable day with your sister Sue, and take care.

Avril

• Like 13

54 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, just popping in quickly. Hubby and I enjoyed the football at home after an M&S pizza, dough balls and salad with wine.

Off in a while to finally see my sister’s  house in Worthing, she moved last summer! Weather not looking great for the day but we’re there to see them and the house so it won’t spoil the day too much. 

Have a good day everyone.

Enjoy your day Sue. It will be lovely to see your sister (and the new house) after such a long time. Sod the weather! Jane.x

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

For the second time in a week - Yaaaaaaaaaay! Well done those boys. Woo-hoo!

I was thinking of you and your nerves! Glad that you had a good experience. We were walking around Stow last Tuesday when England were playing Germany and there was no indication that the match was on! I guess it’s rugby/cricket country around there? 

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Sue. Yes thank you, I'm fine, and I read through eveyone's posts a couple of times a day. I'm just feeling at a loose end at the moment. One day is begining to merge into the next with no change on the horizon, same old, same old. As neither of us can drive any longer - health reasons, we are restricted to public transport and I'm still not very comfortable in crowds just yet. I seem to have turned into a recluse and I'm finding it difficult to shake myself out of it. I'm living vicariously through everyone's holidays, days out and restaurant dining.😉

There's plenty to keep us occupied at home though.  After the new bathroom was finally finished🙄 Frank decided in his wisdom, to completely redecorate and refurbish the house from top to bottom. It's starting looking nice now and I've enjoyed choosing new soft furnishings and light fitments etc, but blimey the upheavel!!😬

All here for you Avril if you're feeling a bit low. I know what you mean about living vicariously through others' lives. I so enjoyed all the wonderful photos from last week  - they were a treat. Take care and best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I was thinking of you and your nerves! Glad that you had a good experience. We were walking around Stow last Tuesday when England were playing Germany and there was no indication that the match was on! I guess it’s rugby/cricket country around there? 

Thanks for thinking of me and my nerves Ardennais. As I said previously, watching England is a great diet! Now I've got to do it all again on Wednesday. Interesting what you said about Stow. I think you're right in that it's more cricket and rugby territory. Too posh to kick! Where I live (not at all posh), we've had flags, hooting cars, and fireworks - joyful! Have good day. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

Just now, Beckett said:

Thanks for thinking of me and my nerves Ardennais. As I said previously, watching England is a great diet! Now I've got to do it all again on Wednesday. Interesting what you said about Stow. I think you're right in that it's more cricket and rugby territory. Too posh to kick! Where I live (not at all posh), we've had flags, hooting cars, and fireworks - joyful! Have good day. Best wishes. Jane.x

Very few flags around the Cotswolds. All very reserved! The only reference to the win against Germany came from the Canadian waiter at breakfast and when we said that we were Welsh so not particularly thrilled (!!) he said, “oh it’s the same thing”. So I asked him whether he got annoyed when people assume that Canadians and Americans are the same! He got it then. 
If any of you take your dogs on holiday, then go to the Cotswolds. It’s dog heaven! People had huge big dogs everywhere. Drinking bowls outside and inside. Vending machines selling dog yoghurts etc. We went into one pub in Stow and a young couple came in with two huge dogs who slurped their water from the bowls for a good ten minutes. It wasn’t particularly pleasant and I couldn’t help think how disapproving people might have been if a couple of young children drank so noisily. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

So sorry you feeling a bit down Avril. I agree about enjoying reading about everyone’s days out and that is why this thread has been (and I hope will continue to be) so marvellous for all of us. It’s many times been a bright spot in an otherwise uneventful day at home.

So pleased the new bathroom is finished and you now looking forward to the rest of the house following!

Sending a hug.

Gill x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I can relate to this in a small way as my wife and I are not yet ready to go watch our team in public or go out much in general yet and I still fret about certain things such as when the supermarket is crowded (especially when there are still folks who don't / won't wear masks).

We (you and us) will find our way in our own time so just know that you're not the only one with these thoughts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I can relate to this in a small way as my wife and I are not yet ready to go watch our team in public or go out much in general yet and I still fret about certain things such as when the supermarket is crowded (especially when there are still folks who don't / won't wear masks).

We (you and us) will find our way in our own time so just know that you're not the only one with these thoughts.

I feel the same Damian which is why we opted for a countryside holiday in a rural setting. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I feel the same Damian which is why we opted for a countryside holiday in a rural setting. 

Yes! I've enjoyed your photos and noted your comment "not too busy". Glad you've had a good time.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Strong start to the day in our household, Happy Sunday everyone!

IMG_1384.jpg

That bacon is already in my virtual sarnie Damian and on its way to dip in those eggs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Pull yourself together woman!!! 

Only kidding. 

It's sad times when the one person who has kept us all sane throughout this pandemic is struggling. 

Do what you need to do for you, enjoy the house until you feel comfortable to venture out properly. 

We have tried a few times but get disappointed with others attitudes, so try as best we can to avoid people. 

Our time will come. 

Keep your chin up. 

Andy & Michelle xx 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Not long now sis,a few more weeks.I fitted a bathroom suite once and had a bath in it straight away cos I was going out to dinner straight from work.The lady didn't mind me testing my own work,lol.bro.

• Haha 3