P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well the wedding went well.,  The venue held off everything till the last minute.  The sun turned up and it was all hotel hands on deck to get chairs out to the garden in front of the gazebo... so I didn't have to show myself up bumping down the stairs.  The sun lasted for enough time and it was lovely.

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Hope not. it will take the edge off the cruise start.

BTW, any idea why Jamaica Blue in Hempstead is closed 'due to unforeseen circumstances' the Costa staff would like to know too.

Ooh no, I’ll text my daughter who works in a shop up there & see if she knows.

• Like 1

Well we are back home after our few days away at a wedding in Scotland. We had such a good time and it was so nice to dress up and do something normal.

It was a long journey home though via Whitley Bay(to see grandchildren) and Bradford(to drop in laws off) then finally home to Lytham, 9 hours in total, we were tired.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend 

Michelle 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

BTW, any idea why Jamaica Blue in Hempstead is closed 'due to unforeseen circumstances' the Costa staff would like to know too.

Sorry Becca and her colleagues haven't heard why it's closed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

We have a local independent cafe which was closed due to unforeseen circumstances, 3 of the staff tested positive for Covid, so everyone has had to self isolate, it reopens this coming Friday, so perhaps it’s a similar reason that Jamaica Blue is closed. 

• Like 2

Has been a mixed week managed to get two coats of stain on 2 of the fencing that surrounds our patio, before the rain set it for the week, I now have a fence a third blue & 2 thirds cedar, not the look I wanted. We are going for a Mediterranean feel, the other side has been done had we have troughs full of red geraniums and red petunias, my son’s Turkish girlfriend said it reminded her of home. 

Had my final telephone physio session, next one in 2 weeks will be face to face, the physio plan she has given me seems to be helping ease the neck and shoulder pain, but looks like I may have to give up playing golf.

We had a double-vaxx family get together earlier in the week, now we one half of the family has been double vaccinated, only my youngest son left to get his second jab in 2 weeks and we are all done as far as adults are concerned. Our 16 year old grandson hopes to get his before he returns to school in September now that age group being opened up. A bit behind our friends in France whose 14 & 15 year old children have had their vaccinations. 

• Like 1

We are home from our little jaunt to Southampton. We had a fabulous lunch at the roof restaurant at the Harbour hotel, it was lovely. Also had a great view of Britannia in Ocean terminal. Had to share a view photos 😊

DB452918-B1C9-494D-8085-2DE0187BAAD6.jpeg

0635E482-9C7F-4041-A5BA-AD990B240004.jpeg

6C8F72E6-0F9F-4C82-9C61-37596D61D040.jpeg

C51247F1-4409-43E6-A1A8-0FAB25F07E84.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We are home from our little jaunt to Southampton. We had a fabulous lunch at the roof restaurant at the Harbour hotel, it was lovely. Also had a great view of Britannia in Ocean terminal. Had to share a view photos 😊

That looks lovely Sue, glad you had a good weekend 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That looks lovely Sue, glad you had a good weekend 

Thank you. I found out about it as I watch a lot of cruise videos from ‘travel blog Jamie’ I recommend as I know you like your you tube videos!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Looks fabulous Sue.

Thanks for posting.

Graham.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you. I found out about it as I watch a lot of cruise videos from ‘travel blog Jamie’ I recommend as I know you like your you tube videos!

Oh yes, I follow him on YouTube and Instagram.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Great photos.I am saving my Tesco clubcard vouchers so that we can have a pre cruise night at the hotel sometime in the future!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Great photos.I am saving my Tesco clubcard vouchers so that we can have a pre cruise night at the hotel sometime in the future!

Ooh good idea! I had the pineapple and coconut icecream one and it’s one of the nicest desserts I’ve ever had 😊

• Like 2

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

I was in Jamaica Blue on Thursday morning, all seemed normal then

The only unforeseen circumstance I can think off is short staff due to the so called pingdemic 

• Like 1

So much for giving up volunteering at the vaccine hub, I have just had a call from the person in charge there asking if I can do 7 hours tomorrow because being a Monday they are short of volunteers because most have to work or look after their children because it is school holidays and their partners have to work.  We usually only have clinics on Saturdays and Sundays but this week for some reason there have been no clinics over the weekend.

• Like 1

I'm feeling sorry for myself today. I took our little lad out in the pouring rain this morning, my wet shoe caught on his pushchair's wet wheel and I ended up almost doing the splits and had to fall on a knee to stop the pushchair falling over. Ended up with a grazed knee & twisted back and sore ankle, my back gets puts out quite easily and I had only just got over a week of back pain. Fortunately there was no one around to add to my embarassment. 

Little one is in bed now so I am going to treat myself to a mini magnum and look for cruise videos.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I'm feeling sorry for myself today. I took our little lad out in the pouring rain this morning, my wet shoe caught on his pushchair's wet wheel and I ended up almost doing the splits and had to fall on a knee to stop the pushchair falling over. Ended up with a grazed knee & twisted back and sore ankle, my back gets puts out quite easily and I had only just got over a week of back pain. Fortunately there was no one around to add to my embarassment. 

Little one is in bed now so I am going to treat myself to a mini magnum and look for cruise videos.

Hope you’re ok and enjoy the magnum, hopefully you can have a laugh about it later👍

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hope ur ok and not too bruised. I find I bruise much easier as I am getting older and can’t take a fall easily anymore.

Have a fun time with little one

Michelle

• Like 2

Not sure this is entirely the right thread for this this, but just to say I am probably taking a break from CC for a while. For the last week or two I have bad terrible problems posting and reacting to posts. I type a post, press submit and it disappears. This happens about 60-75% of the time and I am really fed up with it. I have emailed CC help but not had a response yet...

• Like 4

On 8/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, indiana123 said:

Well the wedding went well.,  The venue held off everything till the last minute.  The sun turned up and it was all hotel hands on deck to get chairs out to the garden in front of the gazebo... so I didn't have to show myself up bumping down the stairs.  The sun lasted for enough time and it was lovely.

Glad to hear it all went well and the sun shone.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry to hear you had an accident and are not in too much pain. Take care

• Like 2