P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks just fab Graham, a very special way to spend your anniversary. You kept that quiet!!! Was it a surprise for Pauline?

We are in IOW, saw the signs for Highclere Castle on the way down here, a place I would like to visit in the future. 

Take care everyone and stay safe

Michelle

Enjoy your IoW holiday 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Wow, what a way to celebrate your anniversary... You put all us men to shame Graham. The Tesco flowers just won't cut it anymore😊

Newbury is lovely, I don't suppose you stayed in the Chequers Hotel? 

Andy 

Thanks Andy.

We stayed at the New Premier Inn which used to be the Hilton Hotel.

It was less than 10 minutes drive to Highclere castle.

• Like 1

Looks just fab Graham, a very special way to spend your anniversary. You kept that quiet!!! Was it a surprise for Pauline?

We are in IOW, saw the signs for Highclere Castle on the way down here, a place I would like to visit in the future. 

Michelle

It gets booked up very early, they don’t open all year. When I went I booked in February for July! That was 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Wonderful surprise Graham! When did Pauline find out where you were going? 

I have almost the same photograph of myself in front of Highclere Castle from a few years ago.

Thanks Sue.

Pauline knew for a short while but asked me to keep it secret 

Graham.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It gets booked up very early, they don’t open all year. When I went I booked in February for July! That was 2017.

Highclere castle are only open certain days of the week too and why I  picked this cruise which left on our anniversary and we had 2 nights in Southampton pre-cruise 

Graham.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well that was a well kept secret, you romantic man you💕. I hope you gave Pauline enough time to pack, it's not something we ladies can do quickly. 😉

What an unforgetable way to celebrate your Ruby Anniversary. You both look so happy and everything looked perfect from start to finish. The photos are lovely Graham, I almost felt as though I was there with you.

Avril

Thank you Avril that was lovely of you to say.

Pauline takes ages picking,ironing and packing all our clothes etc that we take with us and I do all the driving and organising in exchange.

Graham.

• Like 2

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

I hope you are having a fantastic time in IOW.

Graham 

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Glad to see you and Pauline had a great time for your ruby Graham .

That's one anniversary that wont be forgotten in a hurry mate .:classic_love:

Andy makes a good point about the Tesco flowers ,did you remember

to get her some Tesco flowers ? All women love Tesco flowers don't they? :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Glad you both had a great time take care :classic_smile:

Thank you very much Kalos.

In normal times we would have went on a longer cruise for our Ruby anniversary but our 9 nights away were thoroughly enjoyable and we enjoyed every minute.

Normally I like to go on port intensive cruise's but really enjoyed the slow pace and relaxation on this staycation cruise.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 5

Good morning from the Harbour Hotel Southampton, as I type I can see the Iona from my bedroom window, she's massive !  Good journey down from near Barnsley yesterday, left 6am arrived just after noon, with an hour of stops,  a good journey, M1, M25, M3.  Looking forward exploring the ship an a few hours.

• Like 14

I remember my trip to ‘Downton Abbey’. It was in 2014 when the symptoms of Menerie’s Disease were first kicking in. In this photo I had raging tinnitus and was really deaf….. but I still had a great day out.

Graham, glad you and Pauline enjoyed your special break 

EEC7D725-FF6A-4EAC-9454-373C138345C2.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning from the Harbour Hotel Southampton, as I type I can see the Iona from my bedroom window, she's massive !  Good journey down from near Barnsley yesterday, left 6am arrived just after noon, with an hour of stops,  a good journey, M1, M25, M3.  Looking forward exploring the ship an a few hours.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise Bob.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I remember my trip to ‘Downton Abbey’. It was in 2014 when the symptoms of Menerie’s Disease were first kicking in. In this photo I had raging tinnitus and was really deaf….. but I still had a great day out.

Graham, glad you and Pauline enjoyed your special break 

EEC7D725-FF6A-4EAC-9454-373C138345C2.jpeg

Thank you Dermotsgirl.

Nice picture and sorry you were not well at the time you were there.

I hope you are a lot better now.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I see your down for 21:00 departure Bob and will be watching you on cruise cam tonight .

Have a great cruise .:classic_smile:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

I see your down for 21:00 departure Bob and will be watching you on cruise cam tonight .

Have a great cruise .:classic_smile:

I won't promise I'll wave !  Hope to have had a meal and enjoying a drink in the Crows Nest, somebody's got to do it !

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I won't promise I'll wave !  Hope to have had a meal and enjoying a drink in the Crows Nest, somebody's got to do it !

Yes, it's a hard life Bob😊 Try and enjoy your cruise if you can😉

Avril

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Have a great cruise Bob. We look forward to hearing about it on your return.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have just got home after a 7 hour drive from Southampton.

We had 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post cruise in the Premier Inn West Quay.

I parked in the very safe Multi- Storey car park at West Quay for 7 nights at a cost of £35.

We got on Britannia on the 22nd August which was our 40th wedding anniversary day.

We dined in Epicurean speciality restaurant every night and had a fabulous time.

We had breakfast in Carluccios before driving home.

Graham.

IMG-20210822-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210822-WA0002.jpg

IMG_20210822_185223.jpg

IMG_20210822_185227.jpg

IMG_20210824_185557.jpg

IMG_20210824_191814.jpg

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210822_191201.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

IMG_20210827_095024.jpg

Fabulous photos Graham and what a great way to celebrate.
Pauline always looks immaculate and has great dress sense. 

Gill x

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Ooh lovely, we had Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago at that hotel.

Have a great cruise 😊

I have now dug out my Highclere photo. I would like to go again as it was quite rainy and we didn’t do the garden’s justice. Plus the journey was a lot longer than we thought it was going to be and I wished we’d stayed overnight.

1CC7BCA0-F2CC-4AAC-99BC-89BC663DF34E.jpeg

• Like 6