MY FCC is gone...where did it go?

cruising deacon

26 minutes ago, dog said:

Do you work for Princess? Source?

Princess!  My Princess Agent!  And Retired TA!

As mentioned prior:  You will not be able to use the FCC for a deposit.  It will be applied at final payment.

Trip Total:  7499.00

Deposit:      -200.00

Due:          7299.00

FCC:          -1300.00  Applied at Last Date Final Payment Due.

5999.00    Final payment

I can be applied only to new bookings.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ram290 said:

As mentioned prior:  You will not be able to use the FCC for a deposit.  It will be applied at final payment.

5999.00    Final payment

We have never been able to use FCC as a deposit in the past - so this makes sense.

We should soon see what our FCC amount is, even if it is not applied until final payment. Hopefully this is shown soon.

So I can't apply this to a booking in December that I have not made final payment on? This part makes no sense.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Coral said:

We have never been able to use FCC as a deposit in the past - so this makes sense.

We should soon see what our FCC amount is, even if it is not applied until final payment. Hopefully this is shown soon.

So I can't apply this to a booking in December that I have not made final payment on? This part makes no sense.

I was aware that the FCC could not be used for deposit or taxes/port fees, shorex, etc. However, I definitely read in one of the many policies that the FCC could be used on a new or existing booking. This might have been the original cancellation policy in effect BEFORE the mass cancellation of sailings so may no longer apply. If so, then I'm thinking I might have been better choosing option 2 since I already have bookings though 2022. UGH.

2 hours ago, ram290 said:

5999.00    Final payment

It does say in the Circle Account: Credits can be used on your NEXT booking. So, yes, thanks for clarifying.

12 hours ago, mustgo said:

I cannot even find the FCC I bought on a Princess Cruise--the ones for $100 a person.  Should that also show in the Circle savings account?  I used to see them somewhere

They should show up in the Circle Savings Account under "Future Cruise Credits" with the description of "Future Cruise Deposit."

Since each cruiser has his/her own Circle Savings Account, you need to look under each person's account to see the FCDs in his/her name.

19 hours ago, dog said:

It does say in the Circle Account: Credits can be used on your NEXT booking. So, yes, thanks for clarifying.

20 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I was aware that the FCC could not be used for deposit or taxes/port fees, shorex, etc. However, I definitely read in one of the many policies that the FCC could be used on a new or existing booking. This might have been the original cancellation policy in effect BEFORE the mass cancellation of sailings so may no longer apply. If so, then I'm thinking I might have been better choosing option 2 since I already have bookings though 2022. UGH.

Thanks so much for clarifying this with the link. Can you post it here? Too much misinformation is confusing.

5 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks so much for clarifying this with the link. Can you post it here? Too much misinformation is confusing.

ORIGINAL cancellation policy stating that FCC could be used on new or existing bookings:

https://em.princess.com/pub/sf/ResponseForm?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlTQGuhcMK6zgDeR6O77YoCW7zfIyF1btoyMqKzd5P8zbwYC9g38zasFLTdJdD45o7nVXMtX%3DYQpglLjHJlTQGuhcMK6zgDeR6O77YoCW7zfIyjrozdWjjXat5o8kabFfhzgzcGpXaYkF1uzbInzeO&_ei_=EsRHJ-x1NPQlM7JwmfY27ecfFj3UXUc&_di_=rl936fpjon5v2829p90pfcqbl0h41i3ccuhg1numrv5obdp4m8bg

• Thanks 2

I have never seen a credit on my account even though I filled out the form the day the cruises were stopped. Just today I got an email from Expedia saying our cruise is cancelled (we were supposed to leave last Sunday) and to fill out the refund form. This is the exact form we've already filled out. Would you fill it out again? I'm thinking we just call Princess.

33 minutes ago, travelhound said:

I have never seen a credit on my account even though I filled out the form the day the cruises were stopped. Just today I got an email from Expedia saying our cruise is cancelled (we were supposed to leave last Sunday) and to fill out the refund form. This is the exact form we've already filled out. Would you fill it out again? I'm thinking we just call Princess.

Do both. You have a booking number to refer to 

Another thought on the disappearing FCC...

I cancelled a 4/18 cruise and was in the 50% cancellation period, so I would have gotten 50% cash (refund to credit card) plus a 50% FCC (according to their cancellation policy at the time).

Fast forward 2 days and Princess cancelled the cruise with an offer of 150% FCC ilo some cash back.  Sounded like a deal to me so I filled out the form online.

I had read somewhere that they were manually working on refund/credits based on the direction of us cruisers to make sure they were complying with our wishes, like me for instance, who changed the way I wanted to be refunded.

So possibly they started to issue FCC and recalled them all to review/match up all the paperwork to make sure they were doing what we asked.

I'm choosing to be patient and let them work thru this.  You know it's a nightmare for them.

Diann

3 minutes ago, seagypsea said:

Another thought on the disappearing FCC...

I cancelled a 4/18 cruise and was in the 50% cancellation period, so I would have gotten 50% cash (refund to credit card) plus a 50% FCC (according to their cancellation policy at the time).

Fast forward 2 days and Princess cancelled the cruise with an offer of 150% FCC ilo some cash back.  Sounded like a deal to me so I filled out the form online.

I had read somewhere that they were manually working on refund/credits based on the direction of us cruisers to make sure they were complying with our wishes, like me for instance, who changed the way I wanted to be refunded.

So possibly they started to issue FCC and recalled them all to review/match up all the paperwork to make sure they were doing what we asked.

I'm choosing to be patient and let them work thru this.  You know it's a nightmare for them.

Diann

I have seen only 1 person post online that they received their FCC from the Option they chose. Several who posted getting some FCC over this have had them removed without explanation. Princess will get to it, if eventually something will happen.