Any chance on cruising to Northern Europe late july?

rjm11

I am booked on the Star for July 26 out of Southampton.  Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, Norway.... I know no one has a crystal ball, but I'm curious about other's thoughts.  Will these cruises be up and running by then in your opinion?

Edited by rjm11

23 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

People keep asking and the answer remains the same.  No one knows.

Hope it works out for you though.

Thanks.  I guess I'm hoping SOMEONE will say "i think there's a chance...." but I'm getting less sure of it. 

If they say that, wonder what kind of magic crystal ball they have.  With "there's a chance" that has to be with a "how much of a chance are we talking about".  Chance can be from zero percent to one hundred percent.  So yes, somewhere in that range there is a chance.   😃

1 hour ago, rjm11 said:

I am booked on the Star for July 26 out of Southampton.  Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, Norway.... I know no one has a crystal ball, but I'm curious about other's thoughts.  Will these cruises be up and running by then in your opinion?

I think that there is a good chance that you will be able to go in late July. I anticipate that our May 31 cruise will be a go.

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

I think that there is a good chance that you will be able to go in late July. I anticipate that our May 31 cruise will be a go.

Wishful thinking.

The curve is onward and upward doubling overnight all over the globe. The only country to have it under control (so they say) cannot be trusted. Until a particular region flattens out, forget about it. And even if said region flattens out I highly doubt they would accept travelers from abroad into their ports.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat.  My prediction is that the cruise lines and a lot of people will be ready and willing to sail, but various random port/countries will remain closed making a lot of itineraries less desirable than planned.

Cruising will restart in-country to private or somewhat isolated ports (like Costa Maya).

• Like 1

There's definitely a chance that it'll be up by July.  I'm not sure how GOOD of a chance though.

For context, I have a Canada/New England cruise booked for October, and I'm starting to look around at other options, just in case.  I'm hopeful though.

https://tenor.com/view/dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-theres-achance-gif-11098164

Edited by Named-Tawny

I do not think there is any chance as Europe is the epicentre and I promise you the UK will not open at that time. The UK package to save the economy does not finish until the end of June 2020. I promise you our government under the amazing BoJo will be very cautious about releasing restrictions

To explain why. The UK NHS can bot deal with another outbreak and neither can the economy . I suspect our borders will remain closed until late August 2020.