Carnival Bottled Water

psk2347

4 minutes ago, psk2347 said:

I am looking at preordering bottled water but I am only seeing natural spring water.  Do they still sell purified water? If so does anyone have a link for it. 

The only water that I have seen offered by Carnival is through their website.

At some point last fall they switched from the carnival branded purified water to Crystal Geyser spring water. I haven’t ordered any for my room so I can’t verify what they deliver for that. But the big bottles of water in the room and the smaller bottles of water ordered at the bar were Crystal Geyser spring water on the magic in December and panorama in earlier this month.

Hi

All the water on board is either distilled or passed through reverse osmosis systems. Water bottlers don't do anything more with the tap or spring water they use. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe both processes would be considered purified. The water on board is good to drink. 

4 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

All the water on board is either distilled or passed through reverse osmosis systems. Water bottlers don't do anything more with the tap or spring water they use. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe both processes would be considered purified. The water on board is good to drink. 

Yes it sure is. It was the only water I drank on our cruise. And it tastes better than we water we have in Arlington. :classic_laugh:

13 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

It is my understanding that "purification" is a process in and of itself that at least involves extra filtration of the source water. Water produced onboard actually have certain chemicals added to improve taste and maybe storage life (chengkp75 would have the exact answer to this). I have no issues drinking the water onboard, but we do usually purchase a 12 pack of water bottles so we can take some on excursions. (And FWIW DW hates plain water and won't drink it, but she does actually like the bottled water that Carnival sells and will drink it.)

As a side note, having a 12 pack of water waiting in your room on boarding day is the best deal $$ wise on the entire ship. Save the bottles, and refill them with the 2 big bottles of water they give you. That will just about cover a 6-7 day cruise for two.