FCC Details

Condocat

1 hour ago, Condocat said:

Anyone who has received a FCC, what are the details?  Most importantly, what is the expiration date?

Appreciate anyone willing to share.

1 hour ago, Condocat said:

Anyone who has received a FCC, what are the details?  Most importantly, what is the expiration date?

Appreciate anyone willing to share.

There are several threads already on thisand details on their website.  Really simple. You will get a FCC email - guessing 6-8 weeks. It will be for cruise fare only at 125% of fare paid. Everything else will be refunded and any air thru them cancelled. You can change FCC into a refund on line.

@Condocat, at the current time, the FCC must be applied to a cruise that embarks no later than December 31, 2021. Beyond that, the details vary and are subject to conflicting information received from Celebrity. For example, some Celebrity reps are telling posters that an FCC can not be applied to an existing booking, although the majority have been advised that they can.

36 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

@Condocat, at the current time, the FCC must be applied to a cruise that embarks no later than December 31, 2021. Beyond that, the details vary and are subject to conflicting information received from Celebrity. For example, some Celebrity reps are telling posters that an FCC can not be applied to an existing booking, although the majority have been advised that they can.

This confusion may be due to the Cruise with Confidence T&C in small writing at the bottom of the page. It reads that it has to be a new cruise....

The FCC certificate’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking, and new future sail date, on the brand originally purchased.

The Cruising Suspension page has as the last Q&A ....

Q: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking? 

A: Yes. FCCs can be applied to an existing booking.

I don't know if the T&C are different on the certificate you receive depending on the type of cancellation (CWC or CS) you made.

reasonable question Condocat. I hope folk who have received either will report on the varying T&C as they may not be all the same.

Cheers, heather 🥂

• Like 1

These are the T&C from my FCC, acquired under the CWC policy. Other than being a bit short on details, the last bullet (bold) essentially gives Celebrity carte blanche to do as they please:

We look forward to sailing with you in the future.

To redeem your FCC, please contact us using the below information:

We would like to make you aware of some important information regarding your FCCs:

• Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021. 
  • If the Cruise With Confidence FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees where applicable.
  • Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Celebrity Cruises ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

We're glad Cruise with Confidence has given you the flexibility to find the perfect cruise that fits your needs. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

24 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

These are the T&C from my FCC, acquired under the CWC policy. Other than being a bit short on details, the last bullet (bold) essentially gives Celebrity carte blanche to do as they please:

We look forward to sailing with you in the future.

To redeem your FCC, please contact us using the below information:

We would like to make you aware of some important information regarding your FCCs:

• Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021. 
  • If the Cruise With Confidence FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees where applicable.
  • Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Celebrity Cruises ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

We're glad Cruise with Confidence has given you the flexibility to find the perfect cruise that fits your needs. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

The additional terms say you cannot use the FCC on an existing booking. In another part of the webpages it says can be used for any booking made after March 6th when Cruise with Confidence went into effect.

Understand why many are confused.

7 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The additional terms say you cannot use the FCC on an existing booking. In another part of the webpages it says can be used for any booking made after March 6th when Cruise with Confidence went into effect.

Understand why many are confused.

Could you please direct me to the webpage that limits the use of the FCC to bookings made after March 6. I've seen no mention of this previously.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Could you please direct me to the webpage that limits the use of the FCC to bookings made after March 6. I've seen no mention of this previously.

The information is on a PDF. Title Cancellation_Policy_FAQS. The page is designed for travel agents. I pasted the relevant item. Last item on page 3.

The Google search shows a RCCL document. All company logos are at the bottom.  Sorry cannot do more editing on my phone.

Future Cruise Credits, specifically those associated with Cruise with Confidence and our suspended 
sailings, applicable to existing bookings?

Future Cruise Credits can be applied to new reservations created on-or-after March 6th, 2020 – at which time Royal 
Caribbean’s “Cruise with Confidence” policy was announced. We do understand that your clients may have an 
existing booking with a balance where they wish to use the FCC and, in such instances, the FCC can be applied to 
pay for the amount owed on the reservation. Should the value of the FCC be greater than the balance owed, the 
variance will be reissued in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. A refund will not be administered.

Edited by az_tchr
Spacing for clarity

4 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The information is on a PDF. Title Cancellation_Policy_FAQS. The page is designed for travel agents. I pasted the relevant item. Last item on page 3

Future Cruise Credits, specifically those associated with Cruise with Confidence and our suspended 
sailings, applicable to existing bookings?

Future Cruise Credits can be applied to new reservations created on-or-after March 6th, 2020 – at which time Royal 
Caribbean’s “Cruise with Confidence” policy was announced. We do understand that your clients may have an 
existing booking with a balance where they wish to use the FCC and, in such instances, the FCC can be applied to 
pay for the amount owed on the reservation.
Should the value of the FCC be greater than the balance owed, the 
variance will be reissued in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. A refund will not be administered.

Thanks for the information. My interpretation is that the March 6 date refers to new reservations, and that the information referring to existing bookings means exactly that, those booking made prior to March 6. This interpretation is consistent with both the information provided to most posters who have asked Celebrity, and with the information on the website making no limitation:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Thanks for the information. My interpretation is that the March 6 date refers to new reservations, and that the information referring to existing bookings means exactly that, those booking made prior to March 6. This interpretation is consistent with both the information provided to most posters who have asked Celebrity, and with the information on the website making no limitation:

I hope you are correct.

The Cruise with Confidence terms changed about a week ago.  My Expediator said Celebrity said no. I would love to apply FCCs from 2 cancelled cruises and one more to come!

I found your terms listing but it was dated March 6. I could not find a date on the PDF.  The PDF is very clear that a FCC can only be applied to a booking made on or after 6 March.

Can you explain the PDF that I first received (used to organize antique car tours) from my old employer?  My TA received it about 10 days ago. It is clear.  Which one is correct today?

Moving on until I get all my FCCs issued.

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

This was my interpretation as well.  But after reading so much conflicting information, I reached out to our TA who verified that one can use a FCC on an existing booking.  Last August, we booked a Panama Canal cruise for March 2021.  We now have three options since our cruise was cancelled in yesterday's wave:

1.  we can use our FCC on the Panama Canal booking we made last August

2.  we can make a new booking and use it toward the new booking fare 

3.  or we can take a refund.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

I'm usually a very optimistic individual, but I'm just not sure that things will be back to normal in just a year. Definitely better than they are now, and well on their way to recovery, I hope, but I'm less confident that Celebrity will be back to business as usual. Part of the problem is simply the lack of certainty about the future of COVID-19. When will a vaccine actually become available in sufficient quantity? Will there be a second wave? The Caribbean nations are only now starting to have confirmed cases. How seriously are they going to be affected, and will they be ready or willing to accept cruises by next season? China is weeks ahead of North America, and Wuhan is about to see its lockdown ended. But would you be open to a cruise to China a year from now? To Italy?

Ask me again six months from now and my response will probably be very different. Right now, thought, there are simply too many unknowns for my liking.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lulurobby said:

I hope we get confirmation on the correct process as I want to put my FCC on another booking I have for December 

Suggest you be careful.  It is my understanding that once you use the FCC it is considered "used" and not refundable.  IE, you apply it to a Dec cruise, decide to cancel before final payment is due, the FCC portion is not refundable.   As a rep told me, best to use the FCC for a final payment.   You might want to double check this info, but that is what i was told by X rep.

Sorry if this situation has already been posted here somewhere but can someone confirm this.

We have already paid for a X cruise in late May 2020 that has not yet been cancelled by X.  If we decide to cancel that May cruise and take the FCC as currently offered, can we apply that FCC to another X cruise that we have alrady booked but not paid for late September 2020?

Also confirm our undderstanding that if we decide to cancel now, the FCC is 100% and if X cancels the cruise the FCC would increase to 125% for the dates mentioned above.  Thanks

6 minutes ago, MSTEG said:

Sorry if this situation has already been posted here somewhere but can someone confirm this.

We have already paid for a X cruise in late May 2020 that has not yet been cancelled by X.  If we decide to cancel that May cruise and take the FCC as currently offered, can we apply that FCC to another X cruise that we have alrady booked but not paid for late September 2020?

Also confirm our undderstanding that if we decide to cancel now, the FCC is 100% and if X cancels the cruise the FCC would increase to 125% for the dates mentioned above.  Thanks

As of today, yes you can apply your FCC toward an existing cruise. As long as the sail date is no later than 31 December 2021.  

Currently if Celebrity cancels your cruise, 125% FCC or 100% cash refund. Taxes and port fees are paid back to your credit card if you take the FCC. 

Edited by davekathy

The letter received by my US TA said no.  They said the rules changed some days ago.

In the UK the answer is yes. Different rules.

As of right now I have no idea. I applied a FCC from March 6 with no problem. Tried to apply another FCC last week and was told no.

RCCL home office sent out a letter to TAS. Clearly said no.  Again have heard some getting FCC applied and others told no.  Don't know about where they live and it is clear in the UK you can.

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

As of today, yes you can apply your FCC toward an existing cruise. As long as the sail date is no later than 31 December 2021.  

Currently if Celebrity cancels your cruise, 125% FCC or 100% cash refund. Taxes and port fees are paid back to your credit card if you take the FCC. 

Yes.  Confirmed this with our TA as well since there were so many conflicting pieces on info. floating around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes.  Confirmed this with our TA as well since there were so many conflicting pieces on info. floating around.

Another reason we elected to take the cash refund. As Steve Miller sang, "Take the Money and Run". 

We have no intention of canceling, so should be ok, we won’t apply the FCC until later this year so fingers crossed all goes well in the cruise world, but thank you for the information we used it to make the decision to apply the FCC later in the year not as soon as we get it.