Does left over FCC become onboard credit when you rebook?

So Royal is offering 125% FCC, but I can move my sailing later by one month at the same price. On a $3500 sailing, that is $875 left over credit. Will I be able to use that as onboard credit or some pre-paid perks and excursions? Also, I'm assuming FCC is based on what you paid including taxes and fees. Or do they only give you 125% on the fare portion? Thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, LloydChristmas said:

So Royal is offering 125% FCC, but I can move my sailing later by one month at the same price. On a $3500 sailing, that is $875 left over credit. Will I be able to use that as onboard credit or some pre-paid perks and excursions? Also, I'm assuming FCC is based on what you paid including taxes and fees. Or do they only give you 125% on the fare portion? Thanks in advance.

No, any excess will roll over to another FCC.  You get 125% of the overall fare.  No OBC at all.  🍷

FCC is based on cruise fare only. Taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card used to pay.  Excursions, pre paid gratuities specialty dining also refundable to the credit card   You will receive another fcc for the remaining balance on the fcc originally issued.

1 hour ago, negc said:

FCC is based on cruise fare only. Taxes and fees will be refunded to the credit card used to pay.  Excursions, pre paid gratuities specialty dining also refundable to the credit card   You will receive another fcc for the remaining balance on the fcc originally issued.

We had a post that if you prepurchased drinks, tips etc, you could get it as a separate 125% obc. This was on my roll call by a knowledgeable person. Something new. Check with your booking agent. I think it said must apply for this by 4/8 to receive it.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, negc said:

Here it is in my rcl, that you can also receive a fcc for your prepaid items rather than have them refunded.

"

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
    • Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020."

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We had a post that if you prepurchased drinks, tips etc, you could get it as a separate 125% obc. This was on my roll call by a knowledgeable person. Something new. Check with your booking agent. I think it said must apply for this by 4/8 to receive it.

Darn. That doesn't really help the people with the $18 drink packages...though. :classic_huh:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Darn. That doesn't really help the people with the $18 drink packages...though. :classic_huh:

Nope.  I had it and lost it when they changed my cruise dates.  ☹️  🍷

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Here it is in my rcl, that you can also receive a fcc for your prepaid items rather than have them refunded.

"

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
    • Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020."

You are getting an OBC for the prepaid items and not a FCC 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are getting an OBC for the prepaid items and not a FCC 

As usual you are right, that's what it says.

I'm tired lol. And I looked and paid more for my liberty cruise than I remembered so my fcc will more than cover my new jewel booking with left over fcc.

So I have to wait until I do jewel to get the new fcc for leftovers? 

Or apply it when I get it to 2 cruises i have booked but not taken.

Darn i thought i got a better deal on liberty but i really wanted to go.

Time to give all this a rest. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

So I have to wait until I do jewel to get the new fcc for leftovers? 

I haven’t read of any recent reports from this round of FCC’s but previously you did have to wait for the cruise to be completed to be able to apply the balance. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven’t read of any recent reports from this round of FCC’s but previously you did have to wait for the cruise to be completed to be able to apply the balance. 

Thanks, had forgotten that