RCL sand Celebrity extending shut down

sandycruzr

I split my cruises between NCL and Royal, and had my May Royal cruise affected.

The way they work it there, if you do nothing you get 125% FCC. If you want a refund you can go to a web site and fill out a form for a 100% refund instead. Where NCL has been saying refunds take up to 90 days, Royal is saying up to 30 days.

• Like 1

I can wait until the end of the week.  Just thinking about it it’ll be a huge relief to have the cruise cancelled and money refunded.  Not happy about the 90 days but it’ll lessen the burden of  no more paychecks and balancing our finances for the next few months. 
But if NCL remains silent with no updates I am still planning on cancelling but I’ll be waiting until 72 hours before cruise day because I’ll be holding our hope for a full refund because that’s what we need right now. That’s our situation.  

• Like 2

All the cruise lines will have to follow suit as there is no place for the ships to go.  Even Mexico isn't receiving cruise ships through April 30th.  And I say it like that because at one time (near the beginning of this crisis) Mexico made a statement indicating that they would not turn ships away.  That stance changed, obviously.