Suspend cruises like RCI and Princess

luv4cruises

Three families are booked on 5/2 cruise.  Three cruisers are in the vulnerable group. 

Forcing us to take a Future Cruise Credit instead or issuing a full refund adds additional stress, while forcing us to choose a new cruise in a restricted time frame, possibly at a higher price with limited availability as most cruisers have to reschedule,  coordinate three families schedules, take time off from work without pay since we will have used our vacation time while “Shelter in Place” is in force.

Carnival, please follow the suspension of sailing in keeping with the other major cruise lines. Don’t hold our money hostage.

Edited by luv4cruises
Wrong word

I think they made a statement that said Friday they will make an announcement.We are booked for 5/4 and are waiting for them to cancel so that we can get a full refund.

Edited by tcha

On 3/25/2020 at 3:26 PM, luv4cruises said:

Three families are booked on 5/2 cruise.  Three cruisers are in the vulnerable group. 

Forcing us to take a Future Cruise Credit instead or issuing a full refund adds additional stress, while forcing us to choose a new cruise in a restricted time frame, possibly at a higher price with limited availability as most cruisers have to reschedule,  coordinate three families schedules, take time off from work without pay since we will have used our vacation time while “Shelter in Place” is in force.

Carnival, please follow the suspension of sailing in keeping with the other major cruise lines. Don’t hold our money hostage.

Think you will be fine

I am also in that early-May timeframe.  I am positive that our sailing will be cancelled, there are no cruises available to book until mid-May, and I have another selection made.  I am just waiting for the announcement.  But I hate to be in limbo, just want to get this settled.  It’s time to make a decision, Carnival!

• Like 1

So Carnival adds to the stress during these difficult times by now delaying their cruise cancellation decision til March 30 instead of the promised March 27 date.  All the other other major cruise lines have delayed sailings til May 12.  NOT Carnival!

They are fully aware of that , and the CDC’s decision advising this’s over 70 NOT to cruise.  We are caught in an untenable position- try to coordinate 13 people’s schedules , some of whom are over 70, dome who will have to take time off without pay, possibly at higher prices with limited availability.  Stop delaying Carnival-  Free is from the agony of uncertainty, refund our money, stop holding it hostage .

7 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

So Carnival adds to the stress during these difficult times by now delaying their cruise cancellation decision til March 30 instead of the promised March 27 date.  All the other other major cruise lines have delayed sailings til May 12.  NOT Carnival!

They are fully aware of that , and the CDC’s decision advising this’s over 70 NOT to cruise.  We are caught in an untenable position- try to coordinate 13 people’s schedules , some of whom are over 70, dome who will have to take time off without pay, possibly at higher prices with limited availability.  Stop delaying Carnival-  Free is from the agony of uncertainty, refund our money, stop holding it hostage .

It will be cancelled Monday, plan on that.  

Edited by jimbo5544

Lol ok so monday they cancel it, and you request the refund? I'm assuming.. and it takes 90 days to refund.  How are you better off, just knowing? 

I'm in the cancelled rcl group. I know it's going to be over a month if I'm lucky to process. People ranting on all boards, they want their refund and they want it now.

Everyone is waiting ... on something, refund, fcc, obc, ..

• Like 1