When can I expect my FCC certificate?

edgekid

We canceled our cruise with our TA prior to official cancellation by Celebrity utilizing  Cruise with Confidence program.  Received confirmation from the TA on March 9.

When should we expect credit certificate from Celebrity? We'd like to have peace of mind before we lay out more money for a deposit on a mid to late 2021 sailing, which may be booked directly with Celebrity.

Edited by edgekid
  • Like 1

We cancelled under the CWC on March 8, through our TA, and received our FCC on March 16. I'm surprised you haven't received yours yet. You might want to check with your TA. I realize that Celebrity is swamped right now, but those of us who cancelled early beat the rush, based on what other poster have said as well as our personal experience.

To Jeremiah 1212

Thanks for that information regarding future Cruise credits I'm surprised that I didn't know that and more surprised at my TA did not know that so he's in the process of verifying for me thanks again ..

We cancelled our May 9 cruise on March 9 using the CWC policy. We received 50% refund to our credit card on file within days, but still don't have our FCC. 

I sure would like to have the $$$ instead of FCC! Have any of you tried to change from FCC to refund to credit card?

2 minutes ago, jmb4534 said:

We cancelled our May 9 cruise on March 9 using the CWC policy. We received 50% refund to our credit card on file within days, but still don't have our FCC. 

I sure would like to have the $$$ instead of FCC! Have any of you tried to change from FCC to refund to credit card?

If you cancelled, you can't exchange your FCC for a refund. That option is only available for those whose cruises were cancelled by Celebrity.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

If you cancelled, you can't exchange your FCC for a refund. That option is only available for those whose cruises were cancelled by Celebrity.

That's what I thought. LOL, but I had to ask. Thanks.

21 hours ago, B113 said:

Evidently they need to notify the TA’s. Just got off the phone with mine and they said a down payment is still required.

Just a thought, book with Celebrity and you have 60 days to transfer to TA.  I just noticed you are in Edmond!  We lived there for 13 years, but left late 2013.  We still have dear friends there.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:57 PM, jalves said:

We canceled on March 11 and got our FCC today (March 27).

Just to add to this, we got the refund of taxes and port charges on our credit card today (April 2)

On 3/27/2020 at 11:33 AM, B113 said:

Evidently they need to notify the TA’s. Just got off the phone with mine and they said a down payment is still required.

Your TA is telling you the same thing Celebrity told me today.  

Celebrity cancelled the 22 May 2020 North Bound Alaska Cruise and I called them this morning (2 Apr) to rebook.  We went over the new booking details, cabin, perks, etc., and then the Vacation Planner said that since I owe more money than my FCC and BOA MyCruise Rewards redemption (total approximately $4,800) I would have to pay the deposit before he could rebook the November 22, 2021 cruise.