Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

They make pancakes with almond flour on the ships.  They never let me order pancakes because of my tree nut allergy! No waffles either.  Lucky I always mention my allergy no matter what I order.

See I learned something new about cruising today.  It's amazing how many things have nut or nut by products in them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have been watching for years as well. The sailing one was even good. I think in the next episode or two we should find out. 

One guarantee, you’d never see me on this show.  We are not problem guests. 🙂

Yes the sailing one was good too.  I definitely could not and would not want to be a crew member on a super yacht and have to deal with all that drama.  

We would be boring guests just wanting to play with their toys and relax and enjoy.

15 minutes ago, singinalot said:

has anyone watched Black Sails? We’re starting it now after binging Tehran on Apple Tv the last few days

I watched one episode, but couldn't work it into the rotation at the time and never went back.  

Were currently 

HBO Max - The Flight Attendant 

Netflix - Ratched, Nailed It, and Great British Baking Show

Prime - Utopia, Man in the High Castle (late to this)

Hulu - Hand Maids Tale (we are late to this party, but really enjoying

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

A recent news article about a football quarterback at UNLV who appeared in a scene involving a naked body and eating sushi on the show. He posted an apology , saying the producers asked him to do it, and he said probably shouldn't have done it. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of scenes are scripted.

Yes I saw that episode a week or two ago.  It was a model from antigua that laid down on a table and they covered her with leaves.  The guys and girls eating the sushi looked like they enjoyed it.  I have always suspected somethings were scripted but that is the first I have heard my suspicions confirmed.

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am not enjoying Below Deck this season as much as other seasons.  Just not feeling as interested as I was.  Maybe COVID has impacted it. I won’t even eat sushi from a plate!!!

Dani, loved the light chasing the darkness.

I feel the same about this season too.  I like when they do meditterrean season and see the sights.  This season sailing around antigua is kinda boring to watch.  Is does make me miss the caribbean even more now that's it winter here.

23 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I watched one episode, but couldn't work it into the rotation at the time and never went back.  

Were currently 

HBO Max - The Flight Attendant 

Netflix - Ratched, Nailed It, and Great British Baking Show

Prime - Utopia, Man in the High Castle (late to this)

Hulu - Hand Maids Tale (we are late to this party, but really enjoying

Trying to watch Handmaids Tale. Not really hooked yet. Did Season 1 of Mandalorian, kinda boring

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we watched Raised By Wolves on HBO Max...strange show

I really enjoy Handmaids Tale and saw they just announced they’re working on the new season.

I think the only streaming service we don’t have at this point is Disney 🤷‍♀️

Bought that for grandkids. My sons and I share a lot of logins.

48 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I did a Whole30 diet last year and learned so much (allergens & sugars in things)

has anyone watched Black Sails? We’re starting it now after binging Tehran on Apple Tv the last few days

3BAE9A9D-B565-465B-A526-4DDBB6E0D75D.jpeg

Yes we had binged on black sails.  Took a couple episodes before I was totally committed to it.    You just reminded me I dont think we finished the last season (or he did without me!)

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we watched Raised By Wolves on HBO Max...strange show

I really enjoy Handmaids Tale and saw they just announced they’re working on the new season.

I think the only streaming service we don’t have at this point is Disney 🤷‍♀️

I watched Raised by Wolves and thought it was really good.  Jane watched the first 10 minutes and said "I'll be in the other room."  One of those nights we were glad we have 6 tv's.

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Trying to watch Handmaids Tale. Not really hooked yet. Did Season 1 of Mandalorian, kinda boring

I don't have Disney.  Kind of on the line about it.  I would watch the Marvel stuff.  The boss lady says we have enough streaming services.  BUT then they announced Hamilton, and the boss said "well now". 

Okay so 7 dozen cookies and 2 batches of brownies, done and in the tins.  Kitchen cleaned and back to normal.  3 hours and 18 minutes.  Thank God that calories from raw dough and licking the last of the brownie batter don't count in December.

As predicted 27 yr old son requested traditional decorated sugar cookies.  Message delivered.  No grandkids, no sugar cookies.  He can make them from grandma's recipe, or just do slice and bake, but until I am Pop's, I'm not making em.  As Holmes would say, the game is afoot.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What Network carries that series?

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Smithsonian Channel

On Youtube you can watch a British TV series called  "The Cruise".  It's a documentary about the staff on a cruise ship.  Episode 1 Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn6Du-De0M8&list=PLIOVd9Uol925seb8CJDgw6J85ASScWfUK

There is also a British series called Cruising with Jane McDonald on Youtube.  It was a tv series following a woman who was cruising around the world.  I don't remember if all the episodes were on there, but there was a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I don't have Disney.  Kind of on the line about it.  I would watch the Marvel stuff.  The boss lady says we have enough streaming services.  BUT then they announced Hamilton, and the boss said "well now". 

Hamilton is in my que.

I'm still sinking up the new Samsung in living room. Kinda pissed I have to do each TV individually

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I said, who could need 6 TV’s and then I realized we have 5 for the two of us. Lol

I just ordered a rolling stand for lanai.  Had to find a home for the old 55" LCD. Streaming makes for easy TV placement 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Wait you can't "Alexa set this tv up"

No

I don't think she does well with logins and passwords. 

It does pick up my lists, though

On a lighter note, I think I can change her responses.  Getting tired of OK

Edited by John&LaLa

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No

I don't think she does well with logins and passwords. 

It does pick up my lists, though

On a lighter note, I think I can change her responses.  Getting tired of OK

I knew you could change her name.  I have a friend whose wife's name is Alexis.  Amazon assistant is now Dianna.