Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Extra virgin oil, no more than 0.4-0.5% acidity.

We have here a wide variety of brands, DH is going by the price....

I’ve never noticed the acidity listed on the bottle. Will have to look for it. 

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We do something similar with just brussels sprouts (cut in half), or just broccoli, or just cauliflower.  Toss them in olive oil, add sea salt/fresh ground pepper, and broil them on parchment paper.  The brussels sprouts in particular taste great with a crispy exterior.

That's pretty much the only way I will eat brussel sprouts. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Toss them in olive oil, add sea salt/fresh ground pepper, and broil them on parchment paper

Well, now I’ve learned something else.  I didn’t know I could use parchment paper in the broiler.  I figured it would burn.  This tread is so educational!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Congratulations on the birth of your 3rd grandchild.  They are a blessing, aren't they!

We were cautious before getting double vaxxed.  14 days after our 2nd shot we starting going to restaurants and visiting friends we hadn't seen in a year.  Very liberating!

Would you feel comfortable enough to tell me the area you live?  I remember discussing our NY/NJ history but not sure we discussed location.

I lived in Rockland County for 27 years, 20 in Tappan a few short minutes from NJ and 7 years in New City.

We’re both fully vaxxed and I’ve mentioned before, we started going without masks while visiting FL in May. We returned Memorial Day weekend & since then, have only worn them where required - Dr’s office & dentist. But with all the reports of increases in breakthrough cases& the Delta variant, I’m starting to worry.  I believe in the science of my vaccine. Wearing a mask again to protect myself from Delta and/or unvaxxed people doesn’t really make scientific sense to me, but I’ll admit I’ve been thinking about it. Admittedly I am a natural born worrier.  Maybe I really just need to stop reading these stories in the news!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Hi, we live in Bergen County NJ .... and often eat in restaurants in Rockland County NY....   Piermont, Sparkill, etc.  

Yes, I remember you mentioning Piermont, a great town to walk around and meander in and out of the one of a kind shops.  Wonderful restaurant on the water.  I haven't been in Piermont in approx 20 years.  I hope it didn't change.

Bergen County: My daughter's Pediatrician was in Old Tappan and I did my food shopping in Shoprite in Northvale. Of course there is the Park Ridge diner which we always frequent when visiting NJ. One of my fondest memories of NJ is taking my daughter and then my grandkids to Van Saun Park  in Paramus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG!   that is an expensive dress.    

When I was planning my wedding I told my parents I don't want them spending any more than X amount as my alterative motive was to get money as a gift to go towards down payment on our first house we were buying together.  It worked!

I bought my dress and I was very happy with my selection and paid under $500 almost 30 years ago.

I had a very nice wedding at a country club with something like 125 guests.   If I was do it again, I would elope on a beach in the Caribbean surrounded by close family and friends.   

I just re-read what I wrote.  I hope noone took this the wrong way.  

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We do something similar with just brussels sprouts (cut in half), or just broccoli, or just cauliflower.  Toss them in olive oil, add sea salt/fresh ground pepper, and broil them on parchment paper.  The brussels sprouts in particular taste great with a crispy exterior.

Crispy Brussels sprouts are like candy.  I sometimes add a little balsamic with the olive oil, salt & pepper. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm no expert, but I've heard that all viruses mutate to some extent or another.  Many very contagious viruses will mutate to a variant that ends up being less contagious, and the virus will stop spreading.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the Lambda variant will be less contagious.  

Your lips to God's ears, bob!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

However, I understand people can only do what they are comfortable with and need to make their own decisions. 

My best to you all. My husband and I had our 3rd grandchild about 6 days ago.  They are all the children of our older son ... ages 4, 2, and almost a week. 🙂😉 

Congratulations!!!!  Grandchildren are the BEST!!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow.  Your daughter is as talented as Dani's husband.  Are these just for show, or do your grandkids wear them?

Thanks.  The Grandkids wear them and she has made them for co-worker kids. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 3:47 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I’ve been in bed listening to a helicopter overhead for the last hour. Nextdoor is great for info. 2 of the isle streets are blocked off with a couple of police dogs. There has been this bald guy that has been trying to open car doors and steal what he can. I think this has been going on for over a month. Most people don’t know until the next morning when they see their car.

As far as I know he hasn’t broken any windows. I believe if the car is locked he moves on. He tried ours last week. I didn’t even know until Mike told me the next day. He was working and got an alert from Ring on his phone. Since they have been searching for so long I’m not very hopeful. 

They didn’t catch him that night, but they did last night. A deceive came by yesterday morning to talk to Mike about the attempted break in. This morning Mike got a call saying they caught him. He lives about 3 miles from here and is 59 so not a kid. Turns out he has been doing this for a while in other neighborhoods. 🤬

• Like 8

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Well, now I’ve learned something else.  I didn’t know I could use parchment paper in the broiler.  I figured it would burn.  This tread is so educational!

I have also baked my pizza on it at 550 degrees.  At first I would set it on the stone for a minute or two then pull out the paper.  Now I leave it for the full bake.   If you try this be very careful when talking it out.  It can easily slide of the board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve never noticed the acidity listed on the bottle. Will have to look for it. 

So I had to go look . I could not find the acidity listed.  My latest go to is Colavita EVOO Premium Italian.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re both fully vaxxed and I’ve mentioned before, we started going without masks while visiting FL in May. We returned Memorial Day weekend & since then, have only worn them where required - Dr’s office & dentist. But with all the reports of increases in breakthrough cases& the Delta variant, I’m starting to worry.  I believe in the science of my vaccine. Wearing a mask again to protect myself from Delta and/or unvaxxed people doesn’t really make scientific sense to me, but I’ll admit I’ve been thinking about it. Admittedly I am a natural born worrier.  Maybe I really just need to stop reading these stories in the news!

I always read that wearing a mask protects others from you.  It doesn't protect you from others.  

Delta variant is on the rise and I'm worried also. I'm glad we're double vaxxed.

• Like 2