2022 Itineraries? Summer Alaska/Fall Caribbean?

poffles

What has been the typical time frame that NCL releases future itineraries  ... looking for 2022 later in the year, Alaska and Caribbean?  I am expecting this year might not align with the norm but interested in when they typically release.  Seems late not to at least have Alaska out for that year but maybe this is normal for NCL?

Please don't post about bankruptcy and that they won't be around, there are enough other threads about that.  I really just want to have an idea of when they would normally release future dates like this.  Like so many of us, I have a FCC but there is nothing listed that would work for me but I would book if there was something out further ... even if it meant losing it if something else were to happen.

Thanks all....

• Like 1

I already see some NCL cruises to Hawaii listed for the summer of 2022, so hopefully it won’t be much longer before you see more ships and regions listed as well. Not all of them are released at the same time, so you can expect majority of them to be loaded in the system 18-24 months out, with some even closer to departure. I know it’s probably not the accurate answer that you’re looking for.

I know that you have a credit that you need to use, but we have a Panama Canal Cruise on Carnival booked for Spring 2022. Those sailings have been in the system for several months now. 

6 hours ago, Tapi said:

I already see some NCL cruises to Hawaii listed for the summer of 2022, so hopefully it won’t be much longer before you see more ships and regions listed as well. Not all of them are released at the same time, so you can expect majority of them to be loaded in the system 18-24 months out, with some even closer to departure. I know it’s probably not the accurate answer that you’re looking for.

I know that you have a credit that you need to use, but we have a Panama Canal Cruise on Carnival booked for Spring 2022. Those sailings have been in the system for several months now. 

Thanks ... ya I seen Hawaii but these sailing are always listed years out so that is expected.  And yes I know that itineraries are released at different times, Europe different than Caribbean. Just hoped someone might have insight on NCL based on past.   I have been sailing with Celebrity more until deciding to try NCL again (fail) and now learning NCL again.  Celebrity has dates further out so I have grown used to their practices.

Guess wait and see ... or not.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sunny aurora said:

The original plan was to release the next set of schedules this month.  It was to include the first Leonardo ship.  Now, who knows, I won't be surprised if it is delayed.

Thanks ... this is what I was looking for.  As you said, it will likely be delayed but good to know what the norm has been in prior times.

Not cruising or planning a cruise makes me sad, it's my happy place even if the planning is all smoke and mirrors during these very sad sad times.

• Like 1

You would think NCl would try and have 2022 cruises out this month to give us more options to rebook.  I already have a January 2021 cruise booked and the only two other cruises that interest me now is either Nov. 2020 or April 2021 -- too close to my booked cruise. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

You would think NCl would try and have 2022 cruises out this month to give us more options to rebook.  I already have a January 2021 cruise booked and the only two other cruises that interest me now is either Nov. 2020 or April 2021 -- too close to my booked cruise. 

Ya I have stuff booked over the next little while.  Two cruises booked next year already and I was 'supposed' to go to Vegas in August but just cancelled that as I am not comfortable leaving my country in the near future.  I have chosen not to do any cross border travel this year.  My next years cruises are April and October but neither are with NCL so I can't even apply the FCC I got to either of them.  Using the FCC may cost me more than it's worth in the end and ultimately end up unused.

Right, POA always years out since it isn't going anywhere else.

Up until last year, most dropped mid-December for second year out.  2019 drops very scattered with unusually late release of Northern Europe.

Right now, all bets off.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:57 AM, dexddd said:

Right, POA always years out since it isn't going anywhere else.

Up until last year, most dropped mid-December for second year out.  2019 drops very scattered with unusually late release of Northern Europe.

Right now, all bets off.

Great Reply and Leonardo project is delayed.... Italy has been in lock down for near on two months so long delays and not sure NCL have the stomach for borrowing more at this time,

We were on the Breakaway the first week of March. The manager of the Cruise Next office said he expected the 2022 schedule to be released in six months. 

Who knows if he had any inside information or it was just a wild guess. 

• Like 1

I feel like fall Caribbean cruises are some of the last to be announced. My favorite month to cruise is October (4 years in a row I cruised in October, my sister made me break the streak by having her destination wedding in October last year). I feel like I’d start seeing them around a year and a half out? But on the other hand I’m picky about itineraries and don’t know that I’d notice when things like a 7 day western were added. 

My tip is to keep an eye on the ships coming back from a Europe, a lot of times they have interesting long itineraries right after they come back. In 2018 I did a 11 night Eastern Caribbean round trip NYC on the breakaway. This was the first cruise back from the transatlantic, and the cruise after mine was an even longer eastern repositioning to NOLA. Next January I’m doing a 11 day Southern repositioning on the Getaway NYC to  Miami. 

23 hours ago, vicnsue said:

We were on the Breakaway the first week of March. The manager of the Cruise Next office said he expected the 2022 schedule to be released in six months. 

Who knows if he had any inside information or it was just a wild guess. 

Probably wild guess.  In the past prior to 2019, they would typically drop most in December for the second year out. So in the past, December 2020 drops would include most of 2022.

2019 and into 2020 drops for 2021 were later.

I recall a few years ago on BA in December the routes for two years out got listed here on CC with the copy of NCL press release.

I ran into the CN guy and mentioned some of the new routes including that the BA was going to do Baltics in the summer.  He said no way and that would never happen.  He then got terse with me.  Maybe he felt like I took his ice cream cone?