APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

Not sure if mentioned above. We cancelled on line and then my flights were not cancelled (fly2fun) .Ended up calling but they had no record of the cancellation I did on line. Maybe would not hurt to call and confirm. I recieved a letter 10-14 days for refund but we are over that and nothing.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, lulamc said:

Today I got refunded for some of my daughters wedding, and the pixels I'd bought for their cabin. Got a couple thousand, they owe me thousands more.  But I'm glad to have gotten this. 

Please share details.  When did you cancel?  Did you do it over the phone or the form?  When was your cruise?  was it directly with Carnival or a Travel Agency?

Most importantly:  Was the refund from Carnival themselves or through a Credit Card dispute?

On 4/7/2020 at 1:46 PM, Roadie90 said:

Came here looking to find out whether people were getting refunds yet. I had two staterooms and was supposed to cruise Mar 16 but got cancelled two days before.

I filled out a form requesting a refund for both rooms and wrote to the official Carnival Customer Relations email. Also tried calling without success and I didn’t hear back for a couple weeks with no refund. So I submitted a dispute on my CC and got a conditional credit from them (Citi). 

I still have no refund as of today but Carnival did respond to Citi (big surprise, huh)! All I got from Citi was that they heard back from the merchant, are reviewing the info provided and would give me a decision in 10 business days. 

This is frustrating to say the least. Why can I get no response from Carnival but they do respond to Citi? I thought offices were closed so they wouldn’t be able to generate a response? I wonder what documentation they provided? 

I’ve been on multiple cruises with Carnival but at this point I don’t care if they blacklist me like people claim they might do. I just want my money back that I could definitely use at a time like this. I’ll update you guys if I hear anything back. 

Still no official refund for me. Citi still has my refund applied to my account as a conditional credit so no impact to me. But I did get an update on my dispute and it looks like they are giving Carnival until 6/11 to respond which coincidentally(?) is 90 days from March 13 - when my cruise was cancelled. I assume Citi is giving them time to refund me outside of the dispute process but I’m not sure. Either way, looks like I’m fine because I think I’ll have the conditional credit from Citi until Carnival officially refunds. 

Figured I’d give me update since I said I would! 

8ABCC8BD-02B9-4245-8CBD-32EDD1AC51F4.jpeg

Received ~25% of a refund today. I have no clue why they only refunded some of it; we didn't buy an extra packages, no excursions. But it's a start. Just wanted to update those who were curious. Our cruise was one of the first ones cancelled; when the announcement was made Friday, we were sailing Sunday. So it's been a little over a month.

FYI, if you bought 3rd party trip insurance, check it as most will pay you if the carrier (Carnival in this case) goes out of business.  Also, I know my insurance co. and others are allowing you to put your policy on hold and re-apply to new trip once booked.  It is for this reason I was ok to go with the FCC option and book a cruise next year.  If they default due to bankruptcy, I have coverage and will get $$ back

On 4/13/2020 at 10:49 PM, CarolRoy said:

My Sunrise cruise for 5/27/20 was just canceled today.  I received the email from Carnival today.  What is the best way to cancel for a full refund - call my PVP or through the email I received from Carnival.

I would be sure to call and confirm cancellation. We did the online cancellation and then got our online check in for flights and instructions to go to the cruiseport! They had no record of cancelling! This was March 15 sailing . 

9 hours ago, aaconsumer55 said:

FYI, if you bought 3rd party trip insurance, check it as most will pay you if the carrier (Carnival in this case) goes out of business.  Also, I know my insurance co. and others are allowing you to put your policy on hold and re-apply to new trip once booked.  It is for this reason I was ok to go with the FCC option and book a cruise next year.  If they default due to bankruptcy, I have coverage and will get $$ back

I have coverage for carrier default and according to my policy it isn't enough that they file bankruptcy, they have to cease business operations because of it. Under many bankruptcy petitions the company is allowed to continue operations while the bankruptcy proceeds, so we'll see if and when if it's even worth the electrons on the page (this was included coverage, fortunately I didn't pay extra for it).

So has anyone received a refund? One would think that if they were working through the refunds, even if manually and on a reduced staff, someone would have gotten theirs by now.  

I cancelled shore excursions, internet, and water for my cruise before it was cancelled by Carnival, and I haven't received that refund yet.  Luckily, I'm not waiting for thousands of dollars like some of you, as we applied the funds from our cancelled cruise to our next cruise. Still waiting for that to happen too... 

• Like 1

The FB group for our sailing - March 14th Panorama - has had several reports of refunds.  The refunds began yesterday (Friday). A couple posts were that full refunds were received, a couple more were for partial - so add-ons like massages/excursions.  I have also been checking my CC accounts regularly, and I also had a $108.00 credit from Carnival.  I have no idea what that is for... taxes or port perhaps, as the only add-ons I purchased were some water and gatorade.  But, it is nice to hear that some are actually seeing their full refunds.

I was booked with a group of 9 for a May 21 sailing. 3 of them got refunds yesterday. The rest of us are still waiting so I’m not sure how Carnival is sending the refunds out. We all cancelled at the same time in March.

55 minutes ago, JaiJae said:

I was booked with a group of 9 for a May 21 sailing. 3 of them got refunds yesterday. The rest of us are still waiting so I’m not sure how Carnival is sending the refunds out. We all cancelled at the same time in March.

We are from Taylor. We were booked for May 11  , rebooked for Sept   Still supposed to get $434 back as we are overpaid but have not seen it yet. Kind of like the stimulus check we are supposed to get but nothing yet. Let me know when you do get your Carnival refund.  I spoke with Carnival yesterday and the lady said they are telling people 90 days or more but said they do that to cover their butt and I should get it quicker. We'll see

I had a May 21 booking myself on Sunrise cxl on March 13, with a rebook to Sept booking. Was given OBC, FCC and the rest was to be refunded. I haven't revived  that yet but glad to hear some are getting their refund. I still need to accept the offer for my Sept Cruise but hesitating until i get the refund for the May Cxl. 

7 hours ago, iamsteph said:

I cancelled shore excursions, internet, and water for my cruise before it was cancelled by Carnival, and I haven't received that refund yet.  Luckily, I'm not waiting for thousands of dollars like some of you, as we applied the funds from our cancelled cruise to our next cruise. Still waiting for that to happen too...

Same here. Cancelled  internet, FTTF and some cabin decorations the day before Carnival cancelled my March 23rd sailing. Still waiting.

2 hours ago, JaiJae said:

When in March? Wondering if we may be close. 1st attempt to cancel march 13,when they actually cancelled march 18.

1 hour ago, mk-ultra said:

Disregard.  My comment was about receiving a "Penalty Assessed" email from Carnival.  Looks like it's just sloppy IT.

Are you saying your letter from carnival said you had a 25% penalty for cancelling. The cancellation letter we got does not say how much of a refund just that there is 0 penalty and the date we cancelled, as well as 10-14 business days.

My April 25th cruise was canceled on March 30th and we had our PVP rebook our cruise 1 year later for same time next April.  Within 6 days all of our FCC was transferred to the new booking.  The new booking was about $190 more then the canceled one but he did something to make it all come out even and we didnt owe anything extra.   He said our extras like shore excursions, Wifi packages, FTTF and such would be refunded back on to original form of payment.  We used Carnival gift cards for all that and we keep checking the balances like this morning and still hasnt gone back on them yet.  

44 minutes ago, Brad1972 said:

My April 25th cruise was canceled on March 30th and we had our PVP rebook our cruise 1 year later for same time next April.  Within 6 days all of our FCC was transferred to the new booking.  The new booking was about $190 more then the canceled one but he did something to make it all come out even and we didnt owe anything extra.   He said our extras like shore excursions, Wifi packages, FTTF and such would be refunded back on to original form of payment.  We used Carnival gift cards for all that and we keep checking the balances like this morning and still hasnt gone back on them yet.  

Relative to the gift cards, what your PVP told you is correct....the refund will be processed back to the original form of payment.  However,  the original gift cards cannot be re-loaded.  In essence, Carnival will send you NEW gift cards.  They've done this for me multiple times.  Hope you get your refund quickly.

Garnett

SO...i just got off of the phone with carnival.  I was supposed to be on the pride on may 24.  It was of course cancelled.  I filled out the form they sent and didnt hear anything.  Today, I had some time to kill so I thought I would call.  The call rep was very nice and acted like he didnt have any proof of me filling out a form.  He did it all for me on the phone.  He first noticed that the refund was with the cancellation penalty and he fixed it for me.  

He also said, he could not guarantee any amount of time it would take for the credit to get on the card.  

Total call time was 20 minutes and I was talking with an agent at around minute 12.  

Hope this helps.  

1 hour ago, Brad1972 said:

I’ll tell you why you don’t owe a balance. What Carnival did was use some of your refunds to pay off your balance. That is what they did for my cruise. After transferring all FCC from 2 cruises to a 14 day Journey cruise for January, I had a $914 balance owed on cruise. A few days later, I got an emailed receipt from Carnival showing a zero balance. I called my PVP and asked why? She said that Carnival used $914 of my $1600 refunds to pay off balance, and they’d refund the remaining $707 in about 90 days. 

6 hours ago, gnegron22 said:

I had a May 21 booking myself on Sunrise cxl on March 13, with a rebook to Sept booking. Was given OBC, FCC and the rest was to be refunded. I haven't revived  that yet but glad to hear some are getting their refund. I still need to accept the offer for my Sept Cruise but hesitating until i get the refund for the May Cxl. 

We are in the same boat as you. May 11 was cancelled, rebooked Sept  leaving Sept cruise paid off as well as $454 refund and  $300 OBC for Sept cruise, Still waiting on the $454 refund 

2 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’ll tell you why you don’t owe a balance. What Carnival did was use some of your refunds to pay off your balance. That is what they did for my cruise. After transferring all FCC from 2 cruises to a 14 day Journey cruise for January, I had a $914 balance owed on cruise. A few days later, I got an emailed receipt from Carnival showing a zero balance. I called my PVP and asked why? She said that Carnival used $914 of my $1600 refunds to pay off balance, and they’d refund the remaining $707 in about 90 days. 

Where you able to use FCC for 2 cruises to pay for 1 cruise? 

I have  3 cancelled cruises. Already rebooked one but it is quite a bit more. 

Donna