Curve beginning to flatten ,good news for the cruise industry

seaman11

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Not a classy rag, which is why I asked.

Sweden coronavirus deaths jump 20% in a day to 477

Some doctors want a lockdown but other say that it's better to for example keep the schools open so that the childrens parents can go to work, for example at hospitals.

We don't know yet if Sweden are doing the right or wrong thing, time will tell.

I don't need to take any responsibility because I haven't voted for the government we have! 

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when posters here who keep insisting that we are nowhere near resuming cruising  or reopening the country read Carnival's press release and saw the President's remarks at yesterday's presser that we are looking to begin to reopen the country "when we are on the downside of the slope."  

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top infectious disease expert, said discussions on the topic of reopening the country went late into the evening in the White House Roosevelt Room on Tuesday evening.

"You don't want to let up at a time that's premature, but right now we are clearly looking at if we, in fact, are as successful as we hope to be over the extended 30 day period that the President announced several days ago -- namely extending the period of restrictions and guidelines to the end of April -- that if, in fact, we are successful, it makes sense to at least plan what a reentry into normality would look like," Fauci said in an interview on Fox News.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, seaman11 said:

here check this out,  carnival plans to limit pax on may and june voyages.  see this is what i was thinking, start slow. select cruises. maybe restrict 70 and older im not sure. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5259/

Devils advocate 

Obviously Carnival picks and chooses who cruises on the limited basis.

Say you have 3,000 pax booked and Carnival only wants/can to sail at 70%. What do you say/do with the other 900 pax?

You can't just arbitrarily say we are having a lottery to see who goes.

It's just not going to be as easy as some think. You get 1 or 2 cases while that ship is sailing and the PR/consequences would be crazy.

Good Luck with your trip , many will be just as happy to stay home and wait it out

Edited by beerman2

2 hours ago, Corliss said:

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when posters here who keep insisting that we are nowhere near resuming cruising  or reopening the country read Carnival's press release and saw the President's remarks at yesterday's presser that we are looking to begin to reopen the country "when we are on the downside of the slope."  

The same guy who wants to see the churches packed this Sunday?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

here check this out,  carnival plans to limit pax on may and june voyages.  see this is what i was thinking, start slow. select cruises. maybe restrict 70 and older im not sure. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5259/

Carnival or any other cruise line will have no trouble limiting capacity on their cruise ships. There is very little consumer demand for travel. The May/June cruises might have capped capacity, but that is because they have lots of booked passengers hoping for an upcoming cancellation announcement so they can get a refund.