CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

26 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I do wonder if an aftermath of this will be that P&O will look to sell one or more of their ships to balance the books - always assuming they can find anyone to buy them in the post-Covid-19 world of course.

I suspect they will find very few buyers and any price they could negotiate will likely result in a large loss, so I dont expect any sales, but maybe they will leave some ships mothballed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Andy,

Monster or not  we find that the Voyager and Freedom class ships flow far better than any of the P&O ships we have been on, which is all except Oceana. Whilst many still do get lost on them, we found their design was so superior that we find it hard to understand  how Princess ever designed their ridiculous Grand class.

Prices now are far higher than P&O, but when we booked our only 2 cruises with Royal Caribbean they were comparable, as were all our Celebrity cruises we did up to 2016. 

Finally Celebrities Soltice class is a similar design platform to the above Royal ships, and if you ever see a competitive cruise offer for any of these ships, you ought to give it a try to see just what you're missing.

We've only cruised RCI and P&O and only since 2011.

Of the two we prefer P&O overall.

In terms of loyalty benefits we are diamond with RCI and Ligurian with P&O .The balcony discount on RCI is useful but the happy hour free drinks on RCI is of no use to us as we would never book an RCI cruise unless they were including the premium drinks package. Their drinks prices are exorbitant with a gratuity added on top! Of course they up the cabin prices to an extent when they through in the drinks package. The 10% onboard discount with P&O is useful in keeping our bar bill down.

Also P&O sail from the UK year round (or at least they did until recently!).

Not saying we would never book another RCI cruise but all our forward bookings are with P&O. How many go ahead I have no idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Andy,

Monster or not  we find that the Voyager and Freedom class ships flow far better than any of the P&O ships we have been on, which is all except Oceana. Whilst many still do get lost on them, we found their design was so superior that we find it hard to understand  how Princess ever designed their ridiculous Grand class.

Prices now are far higher than P&O, but when we booked our only 2 cruises with Royal Caribbean they were comparable, as were all our Celebrity cruises we did up to 2016. 

Finally Celebrities Soltice class is a similar design platform to the above Royal ships, and if you ever see a competitive cruise offer for any of these ships, you ought to give it a try to see just what you're missing.

Thanks John. 

I would never say never, but when we see Indy putting a cloud over Southampton, it looks very daunting. 

I have been happy with P&O for a while, but probably time to spread our wings. 

My feelings at the moment are probably one more expensive cruise per year rather than 3/4 with P&O. 

Andy 

We changed our cruise to next year and as we had paid in full transferred all monies to new cruise leaving small balance to pay, as the new booking was dearer. Our account shows only small deposit paid which they insisted we had to pay to transfer. Shows us owing rest of money when this was paid in February before original cruise cancelled

I love the RCI ships. We went on Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic in a October 2016 which turned out to be a mainly adult cruise with very few children onboard. The ship is mind blowing, Central Park is amazing especially at night. So many different entertainment venues too. Last year we took our grandchildren on Indy, they loved it, it’s a good family shop. Celebrity is fab too, a class above RCI in my opinion. Been on Celebrity Eclipse and going on Celebrity Edge Feb 22. Booked Iona with grandchildren in July 21, really excited to be going on Iona.

Michelle

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No, I used 03453 555 111/  Answered in 5 minutes.  How on earth could you spend £26 on a local call?

There was an 0843 number I pressed in error and got charged 60p when it was answered with a message saying this number has changed.

37 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Hi Jeanlyon did you post p and o freephone no someone I Know just spent £26  on phone call I said I'm sure you posted a freephone no 

Ouch!

I've only called once to cancel 2 cruises on the 17th March. Used my 'unlimited' mobile rather than land line as I had a long wait.

Can't remember what number I called and obviously not everyone has unlimited calls tariffs on their mobile.

So Rylan (sorry, Mr Ludlow) has come out from under his shell. Just as with the initial cruise cancellations, the decision to make a statement was far too late. Too much damage already done. Good leaders predict problems and take action to mitigate against them. Poor ones fire fight. I get the impression that if you arranged to have dinner with Mr Ludlow he would turn up an hour late, having not kept you informed that he was running late, would have a creative excuse for the delay (which you would just know is BS) and would dash off early, leaving you to pick up the bill. Take your customers for fools at your peril.

• Like 3

I’m really pleased for the people who’ve phoned today and told definitely they’re getting a refund.

I phoned last week and today and they would not look and check I was definitely getting a refund! If I discover they’ve given me a FFC By mistake I’m going to be furious.

I wonder if a large number of us will all get them the same day? If they’re doing a Bacs run they can do thousands at once.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m really pleased for the people who’ve phoned today and told definitely they’re getting a refund.

I phoned last week and today and they would not look and check I was definitely getting a refund! If I discover they’ve given me a FFC By mistake I’m going to be furious.

I wonder if a large number of us will all get them the same day? If they’re doing a Bacs run they can do thousands at once.

I think that, as many of us predicted from the start, the refunds will flood out right at the end of the extended time window or just after. They have never intended to do it any other way and the endless stream of excuses have all been hogwash. Wouldn’t it have been refreshing if Mr Ludlow had thanked us all in his email for our interest free loans that have made such a massive difference in easing their cash flow over the past few months! The credibility of Mr Ludlow's note will be truly tested once the next batch of cancellations are announced. If it has genuinely been about setting up new systems and processes and readjusting resources etc then now that has been done, those requesting refunds from the next batch should get them within days, like some other companies have managed to do. Anyone fancy a bet on whether or not that will happen?

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

So Rylan (sorry, Mr Ludlow) has come out from under his shell. Just as with the initial cruise cancellations, the decision to make a statement was far too late. Too much damage already done. Good leaders predict problems and take action to mitigate against them. Poor ones fire fight. I get the impression that if you arranged to have dinner with Mr Ludlow he would turn up an hour late, having not kept you informed that he was running late, would have a creative excuse for the delay (which you would just know is BS) and would dash off early, leaving you to pick up the bill. Take your customers for fools at your peril.

If you had the misfortune to have dinner with this potential low grade future TV presenter then I would venture he would request you to advance pay the restaurant at least 12 weeks beforehand for his meal, and then stand you up at the last minute.  He would cite an issue with his yet to be audited diary spreadsheet - his office's issue of course.

This has little to do with refunds, but......

I phoned P&O from Australia last night to take advantage of their Flexible Transfer Policy.

I spoke with a very professional, very polite young lady who transferred our September '20 Med Cruise to another similar Med Cruise in May '21. It was all over, including paying the extra (19 days instead of 14 days) in 10 to 15 mins.

Bravo Zulu P&O, I'm impressed and happy.

Cheers,

Edited by Sundowners

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Being told they’re getting a refund and actually receiving it are 2 different things I hope people do get them but I’ll believe it when I see it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Being told they’re getting a refund and actually receiving it are 2 different things I hope people do get them but I’ll believe it when I see it

Ha ha ha, and I thought I was a cynic.  I am one of the ones who was told (convincingly IMO) yesterday that my refund was processed on 12th May (to 2 credit cards; deposit and balance on different cards) ........ well, today the deposit is now back in my BA Amex account and it does show that it was processed on 12th 📣, but the much larger balance is not (yet) showing on the other.  Mind you, the other card is a Virgin one ......!  I'm sure it will be in very soon though .  

So almost there! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

You are so right, I just got a text from a friend of ours, they were told last Thursday that their refund had been approved and sent to finance and they would get within 7 days, she has just checked their account and there is no sign of it.  She is upset because they are helping to pay the mortgages for their children who have both been furloughed.  She is going to call P&O again this morning when they open.

• Like 1

Unbelievably, someone from ABTA has just been on Sky News and, when asked about customer rights when holidays are cancelled, stated the law that requires refunds to be made within 14 days. He went on to explain that due to some travel operators needing to recoup money from suppliers it “might take a bit longer”. This from an organisation that has been lobbying the government to encourage credit notes, delay the payment of refunds and allowing its members to hide behind a lie that the law has been changed. As I say, unbelievable. 

• Like 5