CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I wonder what they mean by ‘your booking has been escalated’, and if that is another way of saying ‘chased by you or us’?

I chased mine and think mine was escalated as the balance had been charged to my credit card two weeks after I had cancelled it on line, so was an error on their part that they had it at all. 

I am waiting in the 'normal' queue for my other refund requested 4 April.

It would be good to get some reassurance from P&O that all the outstanding refunds are processed before the next round of cancellations for August and September kick in.

I think it's scandalous that some of you guys are still waiting for March refunds.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Apparently P&O are telling customers on the phone that they are processing 2000 refunds every day at the moment.

Quite likely I should think. They have an awful lot of catching up to do having sat on their hands for two months. Given the number of passengers booked to be cruising with them each week, If they don’t process this sort of number every day then they will be going backwards and it can’t be long before they cancel the next batch of cruises and have hundreds of thousands more refunds to process. 

12 minutes ago, mickrory said:

It would be good to get some reassurance from P&O that all the outstanding refunds are processed before the next round of cancellations for August and September kick in.

I think it's scandalous that some of you guys are still waiting for March refunds.

Totally agree. Just phoned travel agent who say they contact p.o every day regarding March refunds (mine included) but that p.o will not give any information other than "they are being processed" They are also being fobbed off. Very unprofessional of P.O and I do have a very good memory. 

35 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Totally agree. Just phoned travel agent who say they contact p.o every day regarding March refunds (mine included) but that p.o will not give any information other than "they are being processed" They are also being fobbed off. Very unprofessional of P.O and I do have a very good memory. 

Either every day your agent is phoning a member of staff outside of the finance team (very likely) who does not have access to individual financial information so can only say ‘they are being processed’, or they are getting through to the finance team dealing with refunds (very unlikely) who cannot give individual details to a third party. If they are getting through to finance, the duration of their phone call will further delay any refunds they would have processed instead of answering the call. So who is really being unprofessional?

I just wish P&O had issued a lump sum to agents to cover what the agent had paid to them so they could sort it out for themselves. Had that happened, either the agent or the person who had engaged the agent to handle their booking would have been out of pocket which clearly would not have been satisfactory. 

Edited by pete14

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, have emailed Sarah.  Will let you know response.

Thanks.

Hopefully she can sort your refund.

Mine less my deposit was in our bank several hours after she emailed me back to say it was going into our bank so think it was a fast Bacs.

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Less the deposit?  Did you pay the deposit to P&O direct?  We did, on board the ship.

No paid TA February 6th deposit when booking and balance November 13th to TA who put it into their bank first.

I emailed Sarah last night and rang P&O this morning and they said deposit should come back off them.

Pleased to get £3.5k back last night so only £189 deposit due.

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No paid TA February 6th deposit when booking and balance November 13th to TA who put it into their bank first.

I emailed Sarah last night and rang P&O this morning and they said deposit should come back off them.

Pleased to get £3.5k back last night so only £189 deposit due.

OK, maybe they won't separate ours, as we paid P&O direct on board and the rest to the TA.  How long does she take to respond normally?  I guessed at the email address.  I presume it's @carnivalukgroup.com?

Edited by jeanlyon

42 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Either every day your agent is phoning a member of staff outside of the finance team (very likely) who does not have access to individual financial information so can only say ‘they are being processed’, or they are getting through to the finance team dealing with refunds (very unlikely) who cannot give individual details to a third party. If they are getting through to finance, the duration of their phone call will further delay any refunds they would have processed instead of answering the call. So who is really being unprofessional?

I just wish P&O had issued a lump sum to agents to cover what the agent had paid to them so they could sort it out for themselves. Had that happened, either the agent or the person who had engaged the agent to handle their booking would have been out of pocket which clearly would not have been satisfactory. 

Travel agents bring much business to the cruise industry with marketing and their customer base, yes obviously at a cost for their own profitability. So perhaps not wise for p.o  to " bite the hand that feeds them" . The reputable  travel agents are trying to assist their own loyal customers so your comment regarding unprofessionslism is not valid imho. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK, maybe they won't separate ours, as we paid P&O direct on board and the rest to the TA.  How long does she take to respond normally?  I guessed at the email address.  I presume it's @carnivalukgroup.com?

Yes.

Yesterday 3 times the last one said money is going into our bank and it was late afternoon.

Normally she responded within a couple of hours unlike others who never emailed me back.

She is a team leader so obviously has more sway with accounts.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

I hardly think a busines email is a problem.  Bit different if it was a personal one.

Well if the person whose contact details you have posted (presumably without their agreement) agrees, fine. 

But probably best to double check with them first...

If someone shared my contact details widely without my consent I’d be annoyed to put it mildly. The work/personal distinction is irrelevant. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'm only giving up on this thread when you get your refund Andy, and I hope it comes through very soon 🤞

Could be a while yet... 

Michelle Just had an email from Helen Lamb saying we have been escalated and we are being processed, but no date... 

They are saying that we asked for the 2 refunds to be combined, we didn't... But they are implying its our fault... 

It seems they are working on the later date where the 60 days is up at the end of the month... 

Liberty takers... 

Andy 

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Could be a while yet... 

Michelle Just had an email from Helen Lamb saying we have been escalated and we are being processed, but no date... 

They are saying that we asked for the 2 refunds to be combined, we didn't... But they are implying its our fault... 

It seems they are working on the later date where the 60 days is up at the end of the month... 

Liberty takers... 

Andy 

That's quite mild!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

Well if the person whose contact details you have posted (presumably without their agreement) agrees, fine. 

If someone shared my contact details widely without my consent I’d be annoyed to put it mildly. The work/personal distinction is irrelevant. 

If it's Helen Lamb you are referring to, her email is everywhere, Michelle got it from fb... 

She is the first one to respond with what sounded like an honest answer... 

Andy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

her email is everywhere, Michelle got it from fb... 

But how did it get there in the first place? Unless the owner of the email address put it on herself (which I doubt) then that’s not really good enough. Two wrongs and all that

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That's why I don't worry. 

Might I suggest you’d be less sanguine if it was your email being shared by the world and his wife?

Why not put yours on here and see what happens? (In all seriousness don’t do that...)

I’m clearly banging my head against a brick wall here so I’ll leave you to it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, funinhounslow said:

Surely when it is a work related customer service issue, passing on a reliable contact is perfectly acceptable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Surely when it is a work related customer service issue, passing on a reliable contact is perfectly acceptable.

Sticking someone’s email address on social media without asking them is far from “acceptable”...

This is common sense, surely...?!

Just had another update on refunds stating clearly that my refund will definitely be a cheque and not payed via bacs as they dont have my bank details . So has anybody who payed their TA direct had a cheque .I have not heard of one 

2 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just had another update on refunds stating clearly that my refund will definitely be a cheque and not payed via bacs as they dont have my bank details . So has anybody who payed their TA direct had a cheque .I have not heard of one 

They should refund your payment method. So if you paid your TA by BACS they should repay your TA by BACS and your TA should repay you by BACS. If you paid your TA by cheque then a cheque is acceptable.