CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted to say our refund has gone into our bank.

It didn't include our deposit so I will check in the morning to see if it was an oversight by P&O or whether I need to get it back from our TA.

Yeah!!!😄

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It didn't include our deposit so I will check in the morning to see if it was an oversight by P&O or whether I need to get it back from our TA.

Thank goodness for that Graham. I’m very relieved for you. With both my refunds, the deposits were refunded separately to the final balances, so four refunds in all. The deposits were refunded at the same time as the balances, but that might be because I booked direct. The process might be different with TA’s, but I don’t know. Either way, I’m sure that your deposit will be with you very soon. At least you have received the bulk of the money first! I suspect you will sleep better tonight!

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thank goodness for that Graham. I’m very relieved for you. With both my refunds, the deposits were refunded separately to the final balances, so four refunds in all. The deposits were refunded at the same time as the balances, but that might be because I booked direct. The process might be different with TA’s, but I don’t know. Either way, I’m sure that your deposit will be with you very soon. At least you have received the bulk of the money first! I suspect you will sleep better tonight!

Thanks Selbourne.

We are very happy.

I hope everyone else will get their refunds very soon too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Interesting.  I am not getting over-excited until about Friday.

I emailed Sarah politely asking when our refund would be with us as it was currently day 66 and Paul Ludlow said up to 60 day's.

I got an email back saying she would check with finance and another email soon after saying it was being put into our bank today.

It might be a good idea to do the same.

44 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Is Sarah the person who processed yours?  My contact was Rebecca.  But she only filled out the BACS forms for Finance.  Do you have a surname?

Sarah Wing guest relations team leader.

She sorted out Bacs details but obviously got my refund fast tracked today.

I'm really pleased for you Graham at last you have your refund and Jean I hope yours come too soon , I'm waiting on two cruises refunds not quite at the 60 day yet but probably by the time I get them both up be starting the process again if my October cruise is cancelled the same one you are on Jean but I made the mistake of paying off my cruise early 😟 never again will I do that 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sarah Wing guest relations team leader.

She sorted out Bacs details but obviously got my refund fast tracked today.

OK thanks, will give it a couple of days and then contact her.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I'm really pleased for you Graham at last you have your refund and Jean I hope yours come too soon , I'm waiting on two cruises refunds not quite at the 60 day yet but probably by the time I get them both up be starting the process again if my October cruise is cancelled the same one you are on Jean but I made the mistake of paying off my cruise early 😟 never again will I do that 

Thank you,I appreciate your kind words and sincerely hope your refunds are returned to you very soon.

Our February Iona bill will be due in November and roughly the same amount and possibly if P&O had allowed the payment to come off that sailing we might have done that.

Hopefully by November things will have settled down but if not we will cancel before final payment as we don't want to go through the current scenario again.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Worth the wait, wasn’t it? 😜

• Like 1

Just now, staygulf said:

Worth the wait, wasn’t it? 😜

We were really looking forward to our cruise because although we had done 54 cruises this would have been our first Transatlantic cruise and it was cancelled just 1 week before we were due to go.

Now we have got the refund it is worth the wait but the stalling tactics were very disappointing.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Finally, fantastic news. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were really looking forward to our cruise because although we had done 54 cruises this would have been our first Transatlantic cruise and it was cancelled just 1 week before we were due to go.

Now we have got the refund it is worth the wait but the stalling tactics were very disappointing.

You’re about 8 ahead of us. Our first cruise back in 2001 was a P and O transatlantic. We’ve got a 24 day transatlantic booked for Oct 2021 on Princess. Round trip from Southampton going to New England and Canada. Hopefully that will go ahead as I’ve always fancied that coastline. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turn the Tide said:

I can still login to CP and see details of my cancelled June 14th cruise. Rather depressing that it's still there and telling me only 27 days until departure! ☹️

Ours for the 31st May is still showing.

2 minutes ago, staygulf said:

You’re about 8 ahead of us. Our first cruise back in 2001 was a P and O transatlantic. We’ve got a 24 day transatlantic booked for Oct 2021 on Princess. Round trip from Southampton going to New England and Canada. Hopefully that will go ahead as I’ve always fancied that coastline. 

Sounds fantastic.

Aurora was our first cruise in 2003.

We have a 14 night canaries cruise all being well on Iona next February.

Just now, staygulf said:

Wow.  That’s over 3 per year. 

We love cruising and had to cancel RC Allure of the seas for June 7th as well as Azura TA this March.

Our last cruise was a 15 night Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess last November.