CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Well that's is not the case as they wont be refunding ta and they dont have my bank account or creditcard no which I payed the ta they say it will be a cheque .This is what I was told by my ta in the first instance . So that's why I asked if anybody had had a cheque yet in the same situation  ie payed ta direct with a creditcard .I have now archived 3 emails from p and o stating it will be a cheque so I will have to wait my 60 days and take if from there when it doesn't turn up .

11 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Well that's is not the case as they wont be refunding ta and they dont have my bank account or creditcard no which I payed the ta they say it will be a cheque .This is what I was told by my ta in the first instance . So that's why I asked if anybody had had a cheque yet in the same situation  ie payed ta direct with a creditcard .I have now archived 3 emails from p and o stating it will be a cheque so I will have to wait my 60 days and take if from there when it doesn't turn up .

Well that’s up to you. If you only booked the cruise they seem to be paying you direct but if you booked anything else such as hotels or flights then your TA will be refunding you. Either way you still have a legitimate claim against your TA, put pressure on them. 

50 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just had another update on refunds stating clearly that my refund will definitely be a cheque and not payed via bacs as they dont have my bank details . So has anybody who payed their TA direct had a cheque .I have not heard of one 

I emailed my bank account details to the customer relations team leader upon request to do a Bacs because they didn't have it because I paid cc to TA.

54 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just had another update on refunds stating clearly that my refund will definitely be a cheque and not payed via bacs as they dont have my bank details . So has anybody who payed their TA direct had a cheque .I have not heard of one 

I had 2 of those from customer relations representative but when they were ready to refund their team leader emailed me asking for bank details to pay a Bacs into.

45 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I was to get a cheque from P&O, but they asked for my bank details and I am now getting BACS same as Grapau on here.  Why not phone them with your bank details.  Last thing I wanted was a cheque.  We are 18 miles from the nearest bank.  Too much money for the banking app and certainly wouldn't risk posting it.

Edited by jeanlyon

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I was to get a cheque from P&O, but they asked for my bank details and I am now getting BACS same as Grapau on here.  Why not phone them with your bank details.

The cheques come from Carnival UK. I have just now received one for some exchange rate differences on shore excursions I booked on a cancelled Princess cruise. The cheque advice slip carries the logos of P and O, Cunard, Princess, Seabourn and Carnival. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

But how did it get there in the first place? Unless the owner of the email address put it on herself (which I doubt) then that’s not really good enough. Two wrongs and all that

Might I suggest you’d be less sanguine if it was your email being shared by the world and his wife?

Why not put yours on here and see what happens? (In all seriousness don’t do that...)

I’m clearly banging my head against a brick wall here so I’ll leave you to it...

Hurts, done It!

Edited by mercury7289
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Could be a while yet... 

Michelle Just had an email from Helen Lamb saying we have been escalated and we are being processed, but no date... 

They are saying that we asked for the 2 refunds to be combined, we didn't... But they are implying its our fault... 

It seems they are working on the later date where the 60 days is up at the end of the month... 

Liberty takers... 

Andy 

Although not everyone who has been chasing has been successful yet (although it seems most have), the response you have had (and some others have had) confirms beyond any doubt that there is an escalation process. My guess is that it depends on whoever deals with the query as to whether or not you get escalated. For what it’s worth, it was Helen Lamb that I contacted and I had a rapid response and the refunds were then processed within a matter of days, so fingers crossed your ridiculously long wait could at last be nearing an end. As I say, fingers crossed!

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks to Jean for giving email address of Helen Lamb,  I have had a reply and she is hoping to escalate my claim, day 66. No date given but at least I feel someone is doing something.

Good news Bob.   Were you able to give your ban k details.  Don't hesitate to ask that.  It's only account number and sort code.

I have just had an email from Paul Ludlow, and so probably has everybody else.   Doesn't say anything very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Although not everyone who has been chasing has been successful yet (although it seems most have), the response you have had (and some others have had) confirms beyond any doubt that there is an escalation process. My guess is that it depends on whoever deals with the query as to whether or not you get escalated. For what it’s worth, it was Helen Lamb that I contacted and I had a rapid response and the refunds were then processed within a matter of days, so fingers crossed your ridiculously long wait could at last be nearing an end. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks Selborne. 

She was the first one we have dealt with that seemed to tell us the truth, so although no closer, I finally feel like we are being taken seriously. 

I don't mind waiting, I hate being taken for a fool... 

Andy 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks to Jean for giving email address of Helen Lamb,  I have had a reply and she is hoping to escalate my claim, day 66. No date given but at least I feel someone is doing something.

Our experience exactly Bob. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally received one refund from P&O for my 4th April cruise on Ventura. Received after 60 days exactly on the 15th April but only showed on my credit card statement today.

Incidentally, just received 2 emails from them apologising about the delay in refunds. Obviously, a standard email but at least confirmation that they have received the refund for my July 19th cruise which I cancelled using the online form. Maybe they have been listening to people's requests about receiving some confirmation when cancelling online. Now just to wait and see how long this refund takes to come through. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Windsurfboy said:

I agree with Jean, giving out a BUSINESS e-mail is not against the privacy laws, it is a public service.  Otherwise all the CEO email services etc would be shut down

I also agree

3 minutes ago, EM35 said:

Incidentally, just received 2 emails from them apologising about the delay in refunds. Obviously, a standard email but at least confirmation

I 've just got the same emails, which is encouraging.

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, see my emails were personal, not the same as you lot.. 

Ludlow signed it himself... 😊

Andy 

Sorry to disappoint but he signed both of mine as well!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Good news Bob.   Were you able to give your ban k details.  Don't hesitate to ask that.  It's only account number and sort code.

I have just had an email from Paul Ludlow, and so probably has everybody else.   Doesn't say anything very much.

Yes I had that too with our booking reference attached.

Sarah emailed and said she would sort our deposit,she has been by far the best person for helping us from P&O.

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I had 2 booking references signed.

1 was ours but don't know who's the other one is.

Wonder if that's my compensation 🤫🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

He signed mine "Love Paul xx"!

If a similar email had been sent out a few days after the original refund request, it would have saved a great deal of wasted time on both sides.

I never really expected to receive my refund in 14 days, but not to hear anything made me wonder if my request had actually gone through. At least I now know I am in the system, and am eagerly awaiting the 60 day deadline, although I am now totally confused if the 60 days include bank holidays,  Sundays, Thanksgiving or Maundy Tuesday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes I had that too with our booking reference attached.

Sarah emailed and said she would sort our deposit,she has been by far the best person for helping us from P&O.

She hasn't answered me 😞

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

She hasn't answered me 😞

I gave her a reminder and she emailed straight back so might be a good idea to email again before she finishes at 6pm.

Yesterday when I mentioned we had waited 64 days and Paul Ludlow said up to 60 days seemed to have the desired effect.

Edited by grapau27