What Happens To Our Perks?

Daniel A

In order to ask my question, I think it will help with an example.  I originally booked a cruise under the ‘Three For Free’ promotion so I got the free room upgrade, reduced deposit and free gratuities.  Later on, I was able to add the Best Sale Ever add ons and got a great deal on the Premium Beverage Package and Unlimited Wi-Fi on top of my Three For Free benefits.

My question is: If Princess cancels a cruise and you get future credits, do you get to carry over your original booking promotion perks or do you start from scratch again?  (I suspect the answer will end up being that you start from scratch again but I’m hopeful that somebody out there was able to carry over their BSE perks to their original booking perks.)

31 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

31 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

In order to ask my question, I think it will help with an example.  I originally booked a cruise under the ‘Three For Free’ promotion so I got the free room upgrade, reduced deposit and free gratuities.  Later on, I was able to add the Best Sale Ever add ons and got a great deal on the Premium Beverage Package and Unlimited Wi-Fi on top of my Three For Free benefits.

My question is: If Princess cancels a cruise and you get future credits, do you get to carry over your original booking promotion perks or do you start from scratch again?  (I suspect the answer will end up being that you start from scratch again but I’m hopeful that somebody out there was able to carry over their BSE perks to their original booking perks.)

Like any cruise change, you will rebook with any offers/obc available from Princess and/or your agent available for the new cruise.

Edited by jimmieg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the BSE 'perks' were added to you cruise fare, which will be refunded / FCC - so you will have that available to add to your new cruise when you book it either under Savers Fare, or Princess Plus

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

LOL!

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

It's as I thought it would be, but hope springs eternal!😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

You did not "add" BSE but rather you rebooked under the new program so that previous perks were erased but since BSE and Three for Free have similar perks you did not miss the former going away.  Anytime you change sales, change rooms or change dates you have to rebook under the new prices and rules such as no refund deposits.  It pays to thoroughly check the new versus the old in detail.

When the cruise is canceled by Princess you have to start over again from scratch on any new booking.  Granted you may get a nice FCC for more than 100% paid to use on the new cruise but whatever perks are offered at the time of booking is what you get and not what you had.  Luckily Princess has gone to Savers Fares and  Princess Plus which mimics BSE.   

34 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

You did not "add" BSE but rather you rebooked under the new program so that previous perks were erased but since BSE and Three for Free have similar perks you did not miss the former going away.  Anytime you change sales, change rooms or change dates you have to rebook under the new prices and rules such as no refund deposits.  It pays to thoroughly check the new versus the old in detail.

When the cruise is canceled by Princess you have to start over again from scratch on any new booking.  Granted you may get a nice FCC for more than 100% paid to use on the new cruise but whatever perks are offered at the time of booking is what you get and not what you had.  Luckily Princess has gone to Savers Fares and  Princess Plus which mimics BSE.   

Actually, not quite.  When B.S.E. came out, there were Add-On packages, like BEST2DW, where one could add missing elements to a booking they already had in place.  So, you kept 3FF and added on Drinks and Wifi/Internet which are not part of 3FF.   The OP indicated doing this.

But as someone posted @voljeep stated above, the Add-On package was rolled into the cruise fare and would be part of whatever refund/FCC package a customer got. 

It looks like the Add-On features are going to carry forward as Princess Plus promo.  We may not see 3FF, S&S, Anniversary Sale again.  Remains to be seen.  But my guess is we might now - the old familiar sales might help bring back more customers as not everyone wants a drink package.  For us, $40/day/pp (Princess Plus) is not value-worthy.  My newest bookings are Basic.  

Unless Princess brings back 3FF this September, no one is going to have those old perks on a new booking.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

the BSE 'perks' were added to you cruise fare, which will be refunded / FCC - so you will have that available to add to your new cruise when you book it either under Savers Fare, or Princess Plus

That assumes the Savers Fare/Princess Plus are the options still offered when a new booking is made.

• Thanks 1

I previously, naively, thought 'OK so you get the same cruise later' and did not allow for new fares, different perks etc. We have Sept 202 Canada New England $100 OBC, 2 Wines, 2 Specialty Dinners - added BEST2DG, two people $3,938. Same cruise booked today  Plus fare $4,800, same cruise 2021 $5,378. So switching 2020 for 2021 would cost $1440 more and lose $100 OBC, 2 Wines, 2 Specialty Dinners. Good chance 2021 fares will come down as we approach the date but maybe demand will be higher and so fares might stay high.

31 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I previously, naively, thought 'OK so you get the same cruise later' and did not allow for new fares, different perks etc. We have Sept 202 Canada New England $100 OBC, 2 Wines, 2 Specialty Dinners - added BEST2DG, two people $3,938. Same cruise booked today  Plus fare $4,800, same cruise 2021 $5,378. So switching 2020 for 2021 would cost $1440 more and lose $100 OBC, 2 Wines, 2 Specialty Dinners. Good chance 2021 fares will come down as we approach the date but maybe demand will be higher and so fares might stay high.

Aha!  You are now getting to the motive behind my initial question.  The booking I was referencing is a $20K (roughly) cruise next March.  I was wondering what will happen if they are still cancelling cruises then.  (Fortunately, I only have a very small deposit on the cruise thanks to Best Sale Ever.)

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1