Future cruise Insurance question

We were working on rebooking our cruise later in the year and this question came up that we couldn't really find a definitive answer for.  I think we will all have our temp taken before we get on any cruise going forward which is a concern.  We are a family of 4 and usually get 2 cabins so if one of us does have a temp, i need some assurance that we will be refunded for both cabins..  I dont think the insurance would cover all of us not going, just the person with the fever meaning we would loose 3 of our 4 fares or at least thats the way i read the insurance contract on RCL.  Also, i dont think the cancel for any reason would help because it would be the day of the cruise and i believe you have to give 48 hours notice to use that feature.

Now, im absolutely not advocating that anyone goes on a cruise with a fever and i think it would be minimal risk for one of us to have a fever the day of, but in this day and age, i would like some assurance that im covered if that happens.

thoughts?

6 minutes ago, 20165 said:

We were working on rebooking our cruise later in the year and this question came up that we couldn't really find a definitive answer for.  I think we will all have our temp taken before we get on any cruise going forward which is a concern.  We are a family of 4 and usually get 2 cabins so if one of us does have a temp, i need some assurance that we will be refunded for both cabins..  I dont think the insurance would cover all of us not going, just the person with the fever meaning we would loose 3 of our 4 fares or at least thats the way i read the insurance contract on RCL.  Also, i dont think the cancel for any reason would help because it would be the day of the cruise and i believe you have to give 48 hours notice to use that feature.

Now, im absolutely not advocating that anyone goes on a cruise with a fever and i think it would be minimal risk for one of us to have a fever the day of, but in this day and age, i would like some assurance that im covered if that happens.

thoughts?

No one here has a clue what insurance you have and what it will and won't cover. Call the ins company

5 minutes ago, 20165 said:

umm, the one that is outlined on RCLs website, hence the reason i said i read through the contract on RCL...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/plan-a-cruise/transportation

I read through the policy for Florida residents, not knowing what state you live in.  It looks like if you can cancel for any reason right up to departure and get 75% of your fare "refunded" as FCC...

Any Reason” Cruise Credits…............................equal to 75% of the non-refundable pre-paid Cruise Vacation Cost In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program, Royal Caribbean International will provide you a cruise credit equal to 75% of the non-refundable value (excluding AIR2SEA) of your Cruise Vacation prepaid to Royal Caribbean International, for your use toward a future cruise. T

The cancel for any reason with Royal's insurance just has to be prior to departure time.  I just used it for my husband in Feb and I told them at the pier that he was not going to make it.  Still waiting for our FCC but it's coming sometime

This is a very legitimate concern. A few weeks ago there was a post on here about a family that had a 2 or 3 year old child that had a fever. I seem to remember Royal wouldn't let the child on the ship, but they wouldn't give a refund to the parents because they could still cruise. Going forward, something is going to need to be done, and a 75% refund isn"t going to cut it. The cruise line policy is going to have to be something like, if one member of a party has a fever and not allowed on the ship, then all members of the party are not allowed on. If my spouse or daughter has a fever today and I don't, it doesn't mean I wont have one 3 days from now. Insurance companies are already trying to figure out ways they wont have to cover this pandemic. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I kind of think the cruise lines are going to have quite a while to figure it out.

28 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

This is a very legitimate concern. A few weeks ago there was a post on here about a family that had a 2 or 3 year old child that had a fever. I seem to remember Royal wouldn't let the child on the ship, but they wouldn't give a refund to the parents because they could still cruise. Going forward, something is going to need to be done, and a 75% refund isn"t going to cut it. The cruise line policy is going to have to be something like, if one member of a party has a fever and not allowed on the ship, then all members of the party are not allowed on. If my spouse or daughter has a fever today and I don't, it doesn't mean I wont have one 3 days from now. Insurance companies are already trying to figure out ways they wont have to cover this pandemic. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I kind of think the cruise lines are going to have quite a while to figure it out.

Exactly was trying to say and to complicate matters for us, we always get 2 cabins so we would only get 75% refund for the cabin with the sick person and and nothing for the other cabin.  Anyway, we have booked this way for years without giving it a thought until now...