How soon will you cruise again?

2 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

I would think a future cruise credit on those situations. I don't think Royal will just keep their money or anything. 

I was very confident cruises would start in June, but more confident July, now I just don't know. The pessimism has gotten to me and I'm not sure Royal or any of the big lines will survive. The negativity has even gotten to me.

Stay strong James! Come cruise with us in Nov! (Although I'm still hoping our end of August cruise still sails). 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Stay strong James! Come cruise with us in Nov! (Although I'm still hoping our end of August cruise still sails). 🙂

We are on Oasis in Sept. but if that gets cancelled, we'll come cruise with you. 🤣

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We are on Oasis in Sept. but if that gets cancelled, we'll come cruise with you. 🤣

We're on the Harmony end of Aug first, so if we sail you sail! If November is the first month of sailing, we'll see ya on the Harmony! 🙂 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

We're on the Harmony end of Aug first, so if we sail you sail! If November is the first month of sailing, we'll see ya on the Harmony! 🙂 

OK, we'll keep in touch. If you sail, we sail. I like that. Its a pact of sorts.

Edited by JAMESCC

On 4/9/2020 at 2:53 PM, Empehi said:

With 25% to 50% of the people with the Corona Virus being asymptomatic (not even a fever) it will

be impossible to keep the virus off the ships until (or if) there is a vaccine. For me, with over

40 cruises, I will unfortunately have to give up my favorite leisure activity until a vaccine is developed.

I think many people are not thinking about this fact. 

This post is my take on the situation as well. We have a December 6th cruise booked on Harmony and I am praying for some kind of miracle that a good vaccine will be developed in 9 months  rather than the 12-18 month timeline given as the best case. I am just over 60 but am diabetic so a bullseye for this virus and not with the easy symptoms. I feel like I will be endangering my life to cruise if there is no vaccine by then and I sincerely hope Royal Caribbean feels the same way and at least will offer folks the chance to cancel with a future cruise credit if they feel endangered. Not to mention they are predicting a second wave of this virus during flu season which my December cruise will be in the middle of.

9 hours ago, Luke110150 said:

I’m waiting for my May 17 Oasis to get cancelled, then rebooking for May 16, 2021, same cruise. With the current situation, hopefully a year from now is better.

And hopefully the extra 25% from the FCC covers any price increase and hopefully you can get a good deal on Black Friday on any drink packages you'll possibly need.

7 hours ago, notladjr said:

. Not to mention they are predicting a second wave of this virus during flu season which my December cruise will be in the middle of.

Don't even think of that as a possibility.   It's bad enough that I'm missing out on a group cruise of 5 couples cruising together for the first time in June and then probably missing out on my first Oasis class cruise in August.   A second wave would then knock out my first cruise on Princess on their newest ship with an included drink package.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Unless of course you find a new doctor.

I have thought of what you suggest if he didn't want to sign but who's to say any doctor would sign.  The note's language has to change for a doctor to sign. Time will tell.