What is your age group?  

352 members have voted

1. 1. Getting an idea of the age groups represented here on CC

• Silent (1925-1945)
    • Boomer (1946-1964)
    • X (1965-1979)
    • Y (1980-1994)
    • Z (1995-2012)

There are a lot of age-based questions and topics here so it will be interesting to see what age groups are represented here.  I get the feeling that this group is pretty skewed in certain age groups but let's find out!

• Like 1

There are a lot of age-based questions and topics here so it will be interesting to see what age groups are represented here.  I get the feeling that this group is pretty skewed in certain age groups but let's find out!

I’m 41

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I voted as boomer as by born in 1964. But because of school year calendar cutoff, I actually started a year later with people from 1965. So I really identify as Gen X. 

Can I re-vote? Or can you move 1 vote to Gen X.

Thanks in advance. I take these polls very seriously. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I voted as boomer as by born in 1964. But because of school year calendar cutoff, I actually started a year later with people from 1965. So I really identify as Gen X. 

I also developed a complex from this poll too.  I have always identified has a GenX b/c of my grad year and now I'm being told I'm a millennial...wahhh!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, adidas5676 said:

How's that theory working out?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You had predicted seniors and that is not the case.  

62% of the responses to this poll are from people born 1946-1964, which makes them aged 56-74.  Look up the definition of seniors.  50+ you get AARP, 55+ communities are senior citizens, and RCCL's current policy is no 70+.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

62% of the responses to this poll are from people born 1946-1964, which makes them aged 56-74.  Look up the definition of seniors.  50+ you get AARP, 55+ communities are senior citizens, and RCCL's current policy is no 70+.  

And with a starting year of 1925, not many in that age group left.  My parents who are healthy, were born in 1937 and are 82 years old.  Once you get to 85+, not many cruise.  I could have predicted the baby boomers would be the highest number.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adidas5676 said:

The discussion that started this poll was about seniors and the 70+ doctor's note requirement.  What again is considered a senior citizen is widely debated but 65 has always been the most recognized age.  I know of no one who would consider anyone in their 50's to be a senior citizen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Boomer as well, technically, 1962. 

All my Aunts and Uncles are Boomers,  so I dont really fit the description 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Surprised with that as most 55+ communities advertise how it is for the young and downplay the older community.

I guess, but you asked how I feel about it.

Retired 3 years ago, don't golf, no tennis or pickled ball, just hang out. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I guess, but you asked how I feel about it.

Retired 3 years ago, 

You are older than I am, but not by much.  I retired about 20 yrs ago. 😄 I don't consider myself a senior citizen at all and have a hard time thinking I am ready to move into a 55+ community.  Maybe once my DH stops working I will feel differently but not at this point. 🙂 

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

You are older than I am, but not by much.  I retired about 20 yrs ago. 😄 I don't consider myself a senior citizen at all and have a hard time thinking I am ready to move into a 55+ community.  Maybe once my DH stops working I will feel differently but not at this point. 🙂 

We both retired same day. Well, I technically quit, but whose counting😉

Had spinal surgery the week after retiring, mobility is about half what it should be so I aged really fast. Both thankful and grateful I can still walk. Pretty sure I'll fit in very well in the new enviroment.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Surprised with that as most 55+ communities advertise how it is for the young and downplay the older community.

RCCL themselves consider anyone 55+ a senior, and you receive a senior discount when booking a room.  Your age is just a number, and it does designate you a label-just like any other age group.  But your age doesn't define how you feel.  I know 85 year old's who have the spirit of a 25 year old.  And I think that's wonderful....however for this purpose of this poll, seniors are the most represented group on this message board-and nothing wrong with that.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We both retired same day. Well, I technically quit, but whose counting😉

Had spinal surgery the week after retiring, mobility is about half what it should be so I aged really fast. Both thankful and grateful I can still walk. Pretty sure I'll fit in very well in the new enviroment.

Sounds like it is a good move for you.  Your last cabin must have been a challenge for you, it is a long way back there.  I knew you had surgery from some of your reviews, didn't realize you were still having mobility issues.  Best wishes on the new house and relaxing environment. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

i am definitely an outlier here (turned 21 in jan, born in '99) and on CC in general but i love cruising I could read these threads all day! my little escape from school. i can't wait for the day i can retire & just cruise, cruise, and cruise! 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sounds like it is a good move for you.  Your last cabin must have been a challenge for you, it is a long way back there.  I knew you had surgery from some of your reviews, didn't realize you were still having mobility issues.  Best wishes on the new house and relaxing environment. 🙂 

Thanks, Slow and steady is my motto

Nerve damage rarely gets better

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

RCCL themselves consider anyone 55+ a senior, and you receive a senior discount when booking a room.  Your age is just a number, and it does designate you a label-just like any other age group.  But your age doesn't define how you feel.  I know 85 year old's who have the spirit of a 25 year old.  And I think that's wonderful....however for this purpose of this poll, seniors are the most represented group on this message board-and nothing wrong with that.

That 55+ rarely works out to anything