Who cruised on the Jubilee?

Floriduh

Jubilee was my first cruise in 2003.  My daughter had sailed with the high school choir just a few months prior & convinced my hubby to go.  He was so sure he would be bored stuck on a boat for 5 days.  We've all been hooked since then.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, SNJCruisers said:

How about pillow fights while combatants were sitting above the pool with their legs clinging to a pole that was stretched across the pool?  Or two women diving into the pool and trying to stuff as many ping pong balls as they could into their bikinis?

Clear memories of this!  On woman had a tiny black bikini on and I mean tiny. She stuffed a half a watermelon into her bra and everything fell out except the watermelon. Guys were going nuts!

• Haha 2

My first cruise. 1990. Flew from where I was living in Hawaii and sailed solo Mexican Riviera out of LA. Even though the jubilee was much smaller than ships today, it the first cruise ship I had ever seen and I remember being so amazed at how big it was. Good memories from that cruise and been cruising ever sense.

• Like 1

Love this thread and seeing everyone's pics.  We weren't on Jubilee but our first cruise was also out of San Juan in 1992 on a slightly different itinerary (St. Thomas; St. Maarten; Dominica; Barbados; Martinique; sea day).  I enjoyed this so much I started a thread for Festivale.  Hope you don't mind the copy...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  🙂

• Like 1

She was my first Cruise ever with my then boyfriend in 1996 to the MR.  I was in amazement and we had the best time.  We returned home and a week later my boyfriend proposed and we got married in 1998 and honeymooned on the brand new Elation!  Lots of great memories 🥰

First Cruise we ever took let a little small town TA book she booked us very front in the nose on the bottom I think we had like R1 and R2 , It was the worst cruise ever . Horribly rough seas everything was cancelled . People puking everywhere. Here I am on number 30 or something LOL. But now I book all my own and actually became a TA 🙂 

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, GTVCRUISER said:

Jubilee 

jubleevaughngaryjubleebarbestyet.jpg

Thank you so much for your photo ^

I just reworked and submitted another few Festivale and Jubilee photos

to that photo album of the first few Carnival ships.

All of us.. we are assembling quite a historical record of those ships..
This is a joint effort, now.
Thanks again.

What I really love about these older ships were the railings.  They were open slits, not glass partition type.  You had a nice breeze and clear view of the ocean while laying out. I  absolutely hate having to lay out next to railing when all of it is glass.  As you can see on the previous poster pictures they are split railings.  Those were perfect spots to get.  
image.jpeg.7917bbd2d4f78f0a351b0d3e136cbb7c.jpeg

Edited by James4me

11 hours ago, James4me said:

What I really love about these older ships were the railings.  They were open slits, not glass partition type.  You had a nice breeze and clear view of the ocean while laying out. I  absolutely hate having to lay out next to railing when all of it is glass.  As you can see on the previous poster pictures they are split railings.  Those were perfect spots to get.  
image.jpeg.7917bbd2d4f78f0a351b0d3e136cbb7c.jpeg

Glass is better these days than open railings.