Princess and Cunard cancel all sailings until 1 July

mickrory

10 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Carnival has cancelled all North American cruises until 26th June. Shares took a dive of 10.1% in Monday morning trading. I suspect all Carnival brands will make similar announcements shortly.

Carnival shares are holding well to the gains they made last week after the Saudis bought an 8.2% stake, and are still above £9 this morning.

Looking like no cruises in Europe until after September as President Macron indicates borders could be closed  in Europe until end of September. 

He has extended lockdown in France until 11 May, but travel lockdown will remain after this date.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/macron-warns-eu-external-borders-may-remain-closed-until-september-due-to-covid-19/

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Carnival shares are holding well to the gains they made last week after the Saudis bought an 8.2% stake, and are still above £9 this morning.

Mine is showing down to 897.97, after closing at 965.60 on Friday, but i suspect it's going to be a turbulent day. Expect them to dive further when the UK brands announce their amended halt in operations date.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

26 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Mine is showing down to 897.97, after closing at 965.60 on Friday, but i suspect it's going to be a turbulent day. Expect them to dive further when the UK brands announce their amended halt in operations date.

Yup, down 60p just now.

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Looking like no cruises in Europe until after September as President Macron indicates borders could be closed  in Europe until end of September. 

He has extended lockdown in France until 11 May, but travel lockdown will remain after this date.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/macron-warns-eu-external-borders-may-remain-closed-until-september-due-to-covid-19/

Her refers to borders outside the EU, travelling within the EU (incl. UK?) was not addressed.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:28 PM, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I know what you mean. So much info and opinion floating around. And we mustn't forget that journalists want a headline that grabs your attention. If you bring social media into it, the picture is even more confusing. I tend to be an optimistic person and try and look for a more balanced news slant. That's not easy to find though. 

I have just left a group I used to enjoy on a social media site; it used to be lighthearted, informative and a chance to have a go at our rather inefficient Council on occasions. However since this lunacy started it has become abusive, very aggressive, and if you don't follow the "received line" of gloom and doom you get death threats; I've had 6 since last week! In comparison, posters on here are angels if a bit doom-laden.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Clodia said:

I have just left a group I used to enjoy on a social media site; it used to be lighthearted, informative and a chance to have a go at our rather inefficient Council on occasions. However since this lunacy started it has become abusive, very aggressive, and if you don't follow the "received line" of gloom and doom you get death threats; I've had 6 since last week! In comparison, posters on here are angels if a bit doom-laden.

Wow, that's terrible... Sorry you had to encounter that... 

Stick with us miserable lot.. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Clodia said:

OMG you're joking! That's awful. Thankfully, I do think these people are in the minority but they tend to shout the loudest and get noticed more. There's never any need to be abusive or offensive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can clarify for you: I’m booked on a Cunard cruise on 31st May. It’s been taken off the Cunard site, and off my TA’s site but hasn’t been officially cancelled by Cunard yet.

i think they will cancel it, but in another wave of cancellations once they have made headway on those that have already been cancelled.

I hope cruising can re-invorate it’s self, and I think cruising from the uk will be the first to return to some sort of new ‘normal’. I’m not going to book another 2020 cruise as there are so many variables currently at play.

I will book a long weekend in Bournemouth at the end of the summer 🙂 not quite a cruise, but less uncertainty.

Hopefully P&O follow the others soon

We are 4 out of 11 cancelled so far.

We are on the bus enjoying the ride, it is what it is and life goes on 😎

My credit card is going to be happy and all the FCC’s and bonuses will pay off the remaining 7, of which probably maybe hopefully only 3 will happen.

6 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Hopefully P&O follow the others soon

We are 4 out of 11 cancelled so far.

We are on the bus enjoying the ride, it is what it is and life goes on 😎

My credit card is going to be happy and all the FCC’s and bonuses will pay off the remaining 7, of which probably maybe hopefully only 3 will happen.

What is your strategy? Are you still paying for every cruise on payment date, then when P&O cancel apply for the refund?

No strategy 

All have been fully paid for, just how we do it when we book cruises.

find what we want, pick cabin we want, lock it in, then book another one.

(that is totally in our control)

w.r.t the refunds and FCC’s that’s in the hands of various entities and unknowns.

(totally out of our control)

I suppose my only strategy, I have a wonderful wife who loves to speak to CSR’s and resolve issues on the phone, that’s the only true blessing in these  C-19 times.

(And she loves to be in control)

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 4:18 PM, Presto2 said:

We're checking them out now expecting to have to cancel the cruise, so with a deposit of only £100 for 2 weeks in a really nice caravan in Cornwall it looks pretty good. ! Not sure when we have to pay in full by though but they are offering free change of plans up to 7 days before you go !!

We have a caravan holiday booked by new forest for August, hoping this will go ahead something to look forward to . Our med cruise for May cancelled transferred to next July, also have a Fjords cruise booked from end May 2021 hoping that will be ok if is only one country ports, still have to get insurance for the 2 cruises couldn't get when booked as over year out and can't get now. We live in Cornwall you'll have a lovely time down here hopefully were be open to visitors then, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

No strategy 

All have been fully paid for, just how we do it when we book cruises.

find what we want, pick cabin we want, lock it in, then book another one.

(that is totally in our control)

w.r.t the refunds and FCC’s that’s in the hands of various entities and unknowns.

(totally out of our control)

I suppose my only strategy, I have a wonderful wife who loves to speak to CSR’s and resolve issues on the phone, that’s the only true blessing in these  C-19 times.

(And she loves to be in control)

Everyone has their own strategy, but to have 11 cruises booked and paid for, tying up thousands of pounds of capital, is slightly unusual. My strategy, for what it is worth, is to put the cost of any cruise/ holiday into Premium Bonds until such time as it is needed. The money is safe, instantly available, with the chance of an odd £25 bonus along the way. Plus it enables me to keep track of my available cashflow.

Perhaps it's just the way I was brought up, but money is always better in your own pocket than someone else's.

2 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

We have a caravan holiday booked by new forest for August, hoping this will go ahead something to look forward to . Our med cruise for May cancelled transferred to next July, also have a Fjords cruise booked from end May 2021 hoping that will be ok if is only one country ports, still have to get insurance for the 2 cruises couldn't get when booked as over year out and can't get now. We live in Cornwall you'll have a lovely time down here hopefully were be open to visitors then, 

Trying to work out where to go is keeping me quiet during the Easter Break. Must have looked at loads of the towns to stay in. Not sure if to visit some of the 'old favourites' in Devon or Cornwall or to try somewhere new and risk not liking it as much. (If that makes sense)

36 minutes ago, Tangoqueen said:

Just checked Cunard website and all cruises now available from May, who knows what’s going on.......but doubt they’ll be sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They're reading the newspapers that are telling us that everything is going to re open on the 4th or 11th ;-)

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Everyone has their own strategy, but to have 11 cruises booked and paid for, tying up thousands of pounds of capital, is slightly unusual. My strategy, for what it is worth, is to put the cost of any cruise/ holiday into Premium Bonds until such time as it is needed. The money is safe, instantly available, with the chance of an odd £25 bonus along the way. Plus it enables me to keep track of my available cashflow.

Perhaps it's just the way I was brought up, but money is always better in your own pocket than someone else's.

Also have Premium Bonds and normally get a winner every month or so.

Funnily enough we stash some cash in pockets of clothes hanging in our closet.

i have always been a saver it was the way I was brought up too, just at that age now where we can afford to pay stuff off, cross it off the list, forget about it and all is taken care of well ahead of time.

Happy Days!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

We are going to stay in the New forest for a few days on our way to Southampton for our Iona cruise on 29th August. Gary Barlow will be on board. Doesn't Gordon Ramsey live in Cornwall at the moment?.

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

We are going to stay in the New forest for a few days on our way to Southampton for our Iona cruise on 29th August. Gary Barlow will be on board. Doesn't Gordon Ramsey live in Cornwall at the moment?.

Yes Gordon Ramsay is apparently staying in his second home. Hope your Iona cruise goes ahead were keeping options of booking a autumn cruise this year with FCC  we have left as can't fit another one in next year due to holiday allowance.

1 hour ago, Tikka234 said:

Yes Gordon Ramsay is apparently staying in his second home. Hope your Iona cruise goes ahead were keeping options of booking a autumn cruise this year with FCC  we have left as can't fit another one in next year due to holiday allowance.

Thanks, but I doubt it will. We got  in 2 long weekends away before this started.

Stay safe, that's No1.