Carnival First to Announce Additional Cancellations

DCCruiser57

I suspect that the other Carnival brands will follow and Royal Caribbean will not be far behind.

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

All ships sailings through and including June 26, 2020

All San Francisco sailings through 2020

All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020

All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020

All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020

• Thanks 1

Silversea is going in the other direction with bringing back some deleted voyages. See below from their website;

INFORMATION ON THE
COMMENCEMENT OF TRAVEL

March 24, 2020

While we have suspended all current voyages with your wellbeing in mind, we understand that you may be waiting to travel once again. A common trait among all those with a passion for discovery: rough waters only strengthen our yearning to explore the authentic beauty of our planet.

Silversea’s global family will reunite on the following voyages, as our ships recommence their itineraries around the world:

Silver Cloud:

•     E4200519010 - Silver Cloud will welcome guests once more from May 19, 2020, sailing from London (Tower Bridge) to Dublin on a 10-day itinerary.

Silver Wind:

•     SW200513012 – Guests will embark on a 12-day round-trip voyage from London (Tower Bridge), departing May 13, 2020, aboard Silver Wind.

Silver Shadow:

•     SS200514009  Silver Shadow will commence service once again from May 14, 2020, embarking upon a 9-day round-trip voyage from Athens (Piraeus).

Silver Spirit:

•     SL200517009  Silver Spirit will set sail from Barcelona on May 17, 2020, welcoming guests on a 9-day round-trip voyage.

Silver Muse:

•     6011 – From May 28, 2020, Silver Muse will resume sailing, journeying from Vancouver to Seward (Anchorage, Alaska) on a 7-day itinerary.

Silver Whisper:

•     WH200525012  Silver Whisper will undertake a 12-day voyage from Amsterdam to London (Greenwich) from May 25, 2020.

Silver Explorer:

•     E1200607011 – Guests will cruise on Silver Explorer again from June 7, 2020, enjoying an 11-day itinerary between Kobe and Otaru (Hokkaido).

Silver Galapagos:

•     8020 – Travelling aboard Silver Galapagos, guests will set sail from Baltra to San Cristobal on May 16, 2020, completing a 7-day voyage.

Booked guests on cancelled voyages will receive a 125% cruise fare refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a 100% refund of the fare paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request. Special conditions apply to the following voyages:

•     Guests booked on Silver Spirit (voyage nr. 5006 and 5007) will receive 100% cash full refund to their original method of payment within 90 days of guests’ request, and 25% Future Cruise Credit for the cruise portion of the booking valid for two years from issuance

•     Guests booked on the Full World Cruise 2020 or on Silver Whisper (voyage nr. 4006, 4007, 4008 and 4009) will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit of the unused portion of their cruise booking, which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a 100% refund of the unused portion of their cruise booking will be reimbursed in the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request.

The health, safety and well-being of our guests and crew is always our highest priority. We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests and travel partners during these fluid, unprecedented and challenging times.

Our goal during these times of uncertainty is to be in constant communication with them, to make sure they have the most up-to-date information and can make informed decisions.

40 minutes ago, carefreecruise said:

Silversea is going in the other direction with bringing back some deleted voyages. See below from their website;

INFORMATION ON THE
COMMENCEMENT OF TRAVEL

March 24, 2020

While we have suspended all current voyages with your wellbeing in mind, we understand that you may be waiting to travel once again. A common trait among all those with a passion for discovery: rough waters only strengthen our yearning to explore the authentic beauty of our planet.

Silversea’s global family will reunite on the following voyages, as our ships recommence their itineraries around the world:

Silver Cloud:

•     E4200519010 - Silver Cloud will welcome guests once more from May 19, 2020, sailing from London (Tower Bridge) to Dublin on a 10-day itinerary.

Silver Wind:

•     SW200513012 – Guests will embark on a 12-day round-trip voyage from London (Tower Bridge), departing May 13, 2020, aboard Silver Wind.

Silver Shadow:

•     SS200514009  Silver Shadow will commence service once again from May 14, 2020, embarking upon a 9-day round-trip voyage from Athens (Piraeus).

Silver Spirit:

•     SL200517009  Silver Spirit will set sail from Barcelona on May 17, 2020, welcoming guests on a 9-day round-trip voyage.

Silver Muse:

•     6011 – From May 28, 2020, Silver Muse will resume sailing, journeying from Vancouver to Seward (Anchorage, Alaska) on a 7-day itinerary.

Silver Whisper:

•     WH200525012  Silver Whisper will undertake a 12-day voyage from Amsterdam to London (Greenwich) from May 25, 2020.

Silver Explorer:

•     E1200607011 – Guests will cruise on Silver Explorer again from June 7, 2020, enjoying an 11-day itinerary between Kobe and Otaru (Hokkaido).

Silver Galapagos:

•     8020 – Travelling aboard Silver Galapagos, guests will set sail from Baltra to San Cristobal on May 16, 2020, completing a 7-day voyage.

Booked guests on cancelled voyages will receive a 125% cruise fare refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a 100% refund of the fare paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request. Special conditions apply to the following voyages:

•     Guests booked on Silver Spirit (voyage nr. 5006 and 5007) will receive 100% cash full refund to their original method of payment within 90 days of guests’ request, and 25% Future Cruise Credit for the cruise portion of the booking valid for two years from issuance

•     Guests booked on the Full World Cruise 2020 or on Silver Whisper (voyage nr. 4006, 4007, 4008 and 4009) will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit of the unused portion of their cruise booking, which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a 100% refund of the unused portion of their cruise booking will be reimbursed in the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request.

The health, safety and well-being of our guests and crew is always our highest priority. We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests and travel partners during these fluid, unprecedented and challenging times.

Our goal during these times of uncertainty is to be in constant communication with them, to make sure they have the most up-to-date information and can make informed decisions.

This is dated March 24. Ancient history. 

• Like 2

I hope so.  All of you seem convinced the RCL will do so this week.    I am looking the Carnival cancellation policy right now.  What is of specific note is that they have cancelled all sailings out of San Francisco for the rest of 2020.  That is major development.  And as you all have said they have canceled all sailings through June 26.  Now compared to SS and not necessarily RCL Carnival is a relative lower tier cruise line.  I cannot see SS being out done by Carnival, but I can see RCL not being as generous.  So, while I hope SS comes out similar changes this week, I am am still in the position of playing a game of chicken with them to see if they cancel more than 2 days before the June 1st deadline so I can get cash.  This is frankly is turning into a pain in the ass.  So why in the hell don't they just do it.  A word of caution though, I am going to want a cash refund.  I don't know whether they have this in UK and elsewhere,  but am going to send my cancellation to SS and to my CC by registered mail, signature required.  That way I will have a written record that they received my cancellation by whatever due date they will use.  (I will do the same if they don't change and keep the June 1 date)  I am doing it this way because I haven't been able to get ahold of my cruise consultant by email or phone for a couple of weeks now although the company says he is still there.  May you all stay safe and healthy.  I hope to see you on some SS ship god knows when and where.  chris 

23 minutes ago, chrism23 said:

I am am still in the position of playing a game of chicken with them to see if they cancel more than 2 days before the June 1st deadline so I can get cash. 

Chrism23 - what June 1 deadline are you referring too? In the updated cancellation policy dated April 8, 2020 if SS cancels your cruise then you can get either a 100% refund or a 125% FCC. If you cancel your cruise at least 48 hours in advance then you can only get a 100% FCC. There is nothing in the the April 8, 2020 policy about a June 1, 2020 deadline that I can see. Your cruise embarks on May 29, 2020. So if SS doesn't cancel the cruise you would need to cancel by May 27, 2020 (or maybe even May 26, 2020 just to be safe) at the latest to get the 100% FCC

49 minutes ago, chrism23 said:

I cannot see SS being out done by Carnival, but I can see RCL not being as generous.  So, while I hope SS comes out similar changes this week, I am am still in the position of playing a game of chicken with them to see if they cancel more than 2 days before the June 1st deadline so I can get cash.  This is frankly is turning into a pain in the ass.  So why in the hell don't they just do it.  A word of caution though, I am going to want a cash refund. 

You have no reason to suggest  that RCCL brands will not be as "generous" as Carnival and it is no longer a game of chicken.  Your May 29 cruise is not going to happen.  Monday was the first day back after a long holiday weekend and they need to decide whether to set a new day of resumption of cruises or to just cancel 2-3 weeks out every few weeks.  I have a cruse May 23 and wouldn't even consider taking 100% credit because (1) it's not necessary to act this early, and (2) there is no way my cruise is going to happen.  If you want a cash refund though, you just have to wait until they cancel it and then, several weeks after that to receive your refund payment.  

If these cruise lines want to stay in business, they will also work out deals with their customers.  Unfortunately, for those wanting refunds, the last thing these cruise lines want to do now is to send cash out the door.  They will work out deals with customers and give favorable pricing, but they will wait as long as they can to set the refund process in motion and even longer to actually refund your payment.  It's not as much a game of chicken as it is making you wait.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Monday was the first day back after a long holiday weekend and they need to decide whether to set a new day of resumption of cruises or to just cancel 2-3 weeks out every few weeks.  

I agree hubofhockey! When I spoke with SS last week by phone, the rep said that management understood they would need to cancel additional cruises and they were looking at how to do that. He also said they expected an announcement sometime after the Easter holiday. 

4 hours ago, Alturia said:

Chrism23 - what June 1 deadline are you referring too? In the updated cancellation policy dated April 8, 2020 if SS cancels your cruise then you can get either a 100% refund or a 125% FCC. If you cancel your cruise at least 48 hours in advance then you can only get a 100% FCC. There is nothing in the the April 8, 2020 policy about a June 1, 2020 deadline that I can see. Your cruise embarks on May 29, 2020. So if SS doesn't cancel the cruise you would need to cancel by May 27, 2020 (or maybe even May 26, 2020 just to be safe) at the latest to get the 100% FCC

No you have it exactly write.  We would have to cancel by the 27th,    If SS cancels before then we can get a cash refund.  I think it was June 1 in the previous version which is why I had it in my mind.  Thanks so much.  You might have just saved me a lot of money.😃