Jump to content

ResidenSea


packedandready
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, Essiesmom said:

The World unloaded all of her residents in Western Australia and is wandering around, as are most ships.  Currently headed for Colombo according to Marine Traffic.  EM

Why?  I thought she was not a cruise ship.  Just a floating apt. house. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

It is my understanding that some do live onboard.  But others treat their 'apartments' as rentals or timeshares.  It is also my understanding that meals are not included, and some units have kitchens where people prefer to do their own cooking.  That would mean going ashore and shopping for groceries, etc.  Can't do that if no port will let you ashore.  EM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, RJB said:

Why?  I thought she was not a cruise ship.  Just a floating apt. house. 

I was on the cruise that in Perth AU when The World learned a hard lesson-they ARE a cruise ship.  Everyone of us was given a 48 hour notice to head home.  A small crew was allowed the stay to keep the ship running, but nothing more.  It was very strange to be on board during that.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2020 at 7:25 PM, WholeNewWorld said:

I was on the cruise that in Perth AU when The World learned a hard lesson-they ARE a cruise ship.  Everyone of us was given a 48 hour notice to head home.  A small crew was allowed the stay to keep the ship running, but nothing more.  It was very strange to be on board during that.  

 

 

So where is she now?   And when can her people get back on board?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, Essiesmom said:

It is my understanding that some do live onboard.  But others treat their 'apartments' as rentals or timeshares.  It is also my understanding that meals are not included, and some units have kitchens where people prefer to do their own cooking.  That would mean going ashore and shopping for groceries, etc.  Can't do that if no port will let you ashore.  EM

Everyone who buys a unit must have another residence no matter how much time is spent aboard.  All the units have a kitchen or kitchenette and there is a small gourmet market on board for meal prep or one can have a chef cook for you.  Of course you can have someone procure groceries in port to stock your kitchen.   There are several dining choices as well. Food is fantastic.  There are very few “rentals”.  This info applies pre-pandemic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...