Odd E-mail from P&O Anyone?

Britboys

Just wondering if anyone is receiving odd e-mails from P&O?  Yesterday and then this morning I received an e-mail apparently from "P&O Reservations".  It said I had contacted them but they are very busy so it might take a while to get back to me.  It appeared to be in response to a complaint e-mail I had sent them a year ago (which was ultimately satisfactorily resolved)!

Anyone else had something similar?

25 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Just wondering if anyone is receiving odd e-mails from P&O?  Yesterday and then this morning I received an e-mail apparently from "P&O Reservations".  It said I had contacted them but they are very busy so it might take a while to get back to me.  It appeared to be in response to a complaint e-mail I had sent them a year ago (which was ultimately satisfactorily resolved)!

Yes I have now had the 4th one this morning, all relating to an e-mail I sent last May.

Yes I've received two, latest one today regarding query last year, which was previously answered satisfactorily.

No wonder we're not getting refunds yet if this is the sort of chaos they're in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we have been receiving them every 2 or 3 days since Tuesday last week.  They've obviously made some IT adjustment to auto-reply that is now replying to old mails. Our oldest one was on Tuesday about a query I made in January 2018.  We have the same ones several times.

I have had a couple In the last day or two relating to contact I made regarding a cruise last November. It was all sorted at the time and P&O were very accommodating to my request. They really do need to sort out their IT systems.

Me too. I’ve been receiving emails about a compliant that I made last summer following the Aurora refit and the fact that they omitted the accessible balcony cabins from the large screen TV upgrades. I am just hoping that if I get a further response the answer will be better than the answer I received last year!

• Haha 1

Yes we have 2 as well from back in 2017.

Its quite concerning that their IT is so ineffective. Some on here will recall that is not so long again that they took deposits and final balances from credit cards for a second time in error, for cruises people had already paid for / already sailed on. For that reason it makes me extremely nervous when they start to poke around in historical databases.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Has anyone contacted them over this?

Or posted on other media where someone from the company might see it?

I don’t use any other Social Media but wouldn’t notify them if I did, as I’m curious to see how this ends up 😂 You could write a book on P&O’s constant IT c**k ups. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We haven't had anything like this but we had confirmation documentation about the flight changes we made to our cruise in August way back in January I think it was. All good you may say (if we were going that is) but it is the third copy we have had --- all identical. :classic_unsure::classic_blink::classic_wink:

Edited by Presto2

.We've also had two "holding" emails about the complaint we made about medical treatment/lack of on Ventura in May 2019, which was eventually sorted out.  Didn't bother to reply to either, and I don't do Facebook so can't put anything on there.

I’ve had a few emails replying to old emails I had sent them but have also just have an email from Csrnivsl, AR Non-Agent Collections Team asking me to pay the balance on a cruise that I cancelled a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In addition to the several emails received this week about an old complaint, over the past few weeks I have received a cancellation invoice for a cruise that’s been cancelled showing that I would only get half the money back and another, for a cruise deposit that I deferred to FCC, showing that I owe 10p. The only accurate email from P&O was the one saying that their own cancellation email, when it arrived, would be inaccurate 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Has anyone contacted them over this?

Or posted on other media where someone from the company might see it?

I contacted P&O via Twitter as I have also received an auto response from an email I sent in June 2019, in fact a further one this morning, below was their response:

“thanks for letting us know. This is likely just an error but we have taken note of this for you. Please send us a direct message if anything further occurs with this!”

Edited by frogsgirl
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Britboys said:

No unusual emails but had a few promotional emails.