Coral - BC vs BE

SetAnOpenCourse

I was assigned a cabin upgrade from BE on Baja deck (B308) to BC on Aloha (A604).  Is there anything actually better?  I’d say my BC appears a bit aft of midship, so I doubt the location is better (marginally so, at best, looking at the deck plans).

In Aloha cabins is there more noise from Lido deck above?  Noise from MUTS?

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse

3 hours ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

I was assigned a cabin upgrade from BE on Baja deck (B308) to BC on Aloha (A604).  Is there anything actually better?  I’d say my BC appears a bit aft of midship, so I doubt the location is better (marginally so, at best, looking at the deck plans).

Try to stay with BE and see if the BE cabins on the Caribe deck are available C311+312+314+315+316+317. These cabins have a larger balcony 😉.

Theo

4 hours ago, Renmar said:

Try to stay with BE and see if the BE cabins on the Caribe deck are available C311+312+314+315+316+317. These cabins have a larger balcony 😉.

Theo

Thanks for the info! I’m not sure we need a larger balcony.

Did you hear MUTS from those balconies?  Do you think it would be heard from a balcony on Aloha deck?

1 hour ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

Thanks for the info! I’m not sure we need a larger balcony.

Did you hear MUTS from those balconies?  Do you think it would be heard from a balcony on Aloha deck?

We stayed in C315 through the Panama Canal 2 years ago and liked the larger balcony. These balconies are half covered which we thought was nice as to have some shade.

I have no idea if MUTS will be a problem from the Aloha deck (never stayed on that deck) but did not notice it from Caribe deck.

Theo

9 hours ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

I can only speak to my opinion. The main advantage to your B308 cabin is you are 2 flights of stairs to the Horizon Court buffet. Other than that I prefer to be aft, especially all the way aft in an aft cabin. I would have no concern of noise from MUTS and your cabin is not directly below the open deck where lounge chairs being dragged about can be a concern. I'd go with the A604 cabin. YMMV

We prefer Aloha due to the large overhang of the Lido deck - protects from both sun and rain.  But it does make it a bit harder for the GPS.  You are under the Lotus Pool enclosed area, so little traffic overhead.  We spend most of our time above you in a nice padded lounger.

The MUTS screen is quite a ways forward of this location, other end of the Lotus Pool enclosure.   I don't remember ever hearing it while outside just aft of the Lotus Pool area and I am out there quite often taking pictures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

Thank you all for your replies.

I will try to search past threads regarding my concern that I’ll hear MUTS on my balcony.

I am still confused regarding what makes the BC better than the BE.  Almost like Princess designated these two categories at random.

A604 is way aft of the pool where MUTS is, and the MUTS screen/speakers face forward not aft, so it's very unlikely you'd hear anything.  I'd be more concerned with noise from deck chairs on the deck above you. 

Princess delineates its cabin categories by location:  a BC is in a theoretically more attractive location (higher up/closer to midships) than a BE (all the way forward). 

9 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

A604 is way aft of the pool where MUTS is, and the MUTS screen/speakers face forward not aft, so it's very unlikely you'd hear anything.  I'd be more concerned with noise from deck chairs on the deck above you. 

Princess delineates its cabin categories by location:  a BC is in a theoretically more attractive location (higher up/closer to midships) than a BE (all the way forward). 

Thanks.  Although the BE that I had wasn’t very far forward, I can see how that is a factor.  As for being higher up (and in this case just one deck), I guess that’s what people assume must be better, although I can’t imagine it actually being better (in fact a lot of people seem to want lower decks for less motion).

Perhaps a reason I got this “upgrade” is because there is in fact almost no substantial advantage/improvement. 🙂