2D OV Balcony MidShip on Allure

Looking at booking for 2022. We have never traveled with RCL and I am more than a little daunted when I look at the Allure. But hey, go BIG or go home!

I am sifting through deckplans and see that this cabin type would put us on deck 10,11,12 or 14.  For those who have been on the Allure before, is there one deck/area we should look at over others?

Walking is not an issue for us so proximity to elevators is not a big deal.

TIA!

3 minutes ago, pooksma said:

Looking at booking for 2022. We have never traveled with RCL and I am more than a little daunted when I look at the Allure. But hey, go BIG or go home!

I am sifting through deckplans and see that this cabin type would put us on deck 10,11,12 or 14.  For those who have been on the Allure before, is there one deck/area we should look at over others?

TIA!

Of those I would avoid deck 14 as there is potential for noise from the pool deck.

Personally I prefer deck 6 or 8 (categories 4D or 8D) towards the aft elevators due to its proximity to Central Park, Boardwalk and the Promenade 

• Like 2

All depends if you want closer access to the upper decks (pool, Windjammer, kids areas, sports deck) or the Promenade/Central Park/Boardwalk as Ken mentioned.  If you are within a couple of decks, it's easy to take the stairs up/down and avoid the elevators (that can become crowded).  For easy access to the upper decks, cabins in decks 10-12 are good.  Otherwise, do what Ken suggested for decks 6 and 8.

• Like 1

I was on the Allure in January, cabin 10325 - boardwalk balcony.   I think it was category 1I - not positive as I don't pay much attention to the category numbers.    Great view of the Aqua Theater shows and movies as well as still have a view of the ocean and can view the boardwalk down below on deck 6 or 7.     

We were very happy with this can.     We usually get OV or OV Balcony rooms on most ships but we were very happy with this cabin, and it was a lot cheaper than a OV Balcony.  

The only problem with this balcony is being able to see into cabins across the way (which means they can see into your cabin if you like to leave the curtains shears open at nigh time).

Very big ship with lots of people and lots of activities.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pooksma said:

TIA!

Here is a YouTube video from someone else I found online from cabin 10327 boardwalk balcony.  Check it out!!  I think you will like it.

• Like 1

Deck 8 4D is my favorite. So nice walking through Central Park in the evening when heading back to your room and it is convenient to many things...added bonus, there is a bar in Central Park so quick access to getting a drink to take back to your room, especially after returning from an excursion. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:15 PM, taglovestocruise said:

We love deck 12, about 100 fewer cabin in the front.  You can find a 2D cabin on each edge of the hump, varies a little deck to deck.. Snaring a hump cabin with a 2d price is a good find.  As others have said stay away from 14.  happy cruising

We actually booked deck 12! We are in between the humps 😉

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I will be watching this board for a while...