Attention Over 70 Year Old Cruisers

dag144

I received same email from Princess and no mention of age but mentioned Chronic Underlying Conditions in general.   Since CDC has now been including in High Risk those with Heart,  Chronic Lung, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Immune Disorders and Overweight it will be interesting to see what criteria will be used by the Cruise Lines as to who Sails.  This Group eliminates a large number of Cruisers!  Also, is this a temporary restriction for when Cruises resume or a permanent one?  I guess it remains to be seen.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, idiebabe said:

I received same email from Princess and no mention of age but mentioned Chronic Underlying Conditions in general.   Since CDC has now been including in High Risk those with Heart,  Chronic Lung, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Immune Disorders and Overweight it will be interesting to see what criteria will be used by the Cruise Lines as to who Sails.  This Group eliminates a large number of Cruisers!  Also, is this a temporary restriction for when Cruises resume or a permanent one?  I guess it remains to be seen.  

I think that is legally acceptable.  They are in essence putting you on notice that you are on your own!   The cruise line is not responsible for our health.  The current system puts you off the ship ASAP even stopping the boat and turning around to get to the closest port to debark a sick passenger.   The new normal is that some ports won't take the sick so they are covering their bases.