Stopped sailing 5 weeks and just moving crew home.

crazycruzer68

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

The industry has been singled out since this broke out, it was easy to do and the titillating stories and pics were easy news.  But past is past, when the country opens, cruising should open.  Period.

The problem, at least the way I see it, is how do you address social distancing on a ship. I know you live in Florida too.  All of the guidance concerning slowly reopening the state still includes maintaining social distancing at beaches, stores, etc. That is the biggest challenge cruise lines face in my opinion.

I don’t think the risk on a ship would be any higher than on land, but as long as social distancing is required to some degree, cruise ships would have to come up with a plan on how they could implement that on a cruise. I think it’s possible starting with reduced passenger loads, but the cruise line would need a plan that not only works, but is also affordable financially as well. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The problem, at least the way I see it, is how do you address social distancing on a ship. I know you live in Florida too.  All of the guidance concerning slowly reopening the state still includes maintaining social distancing at beaches, stores, etc. That is the biggest challenge cruise lines face in my opinion.

I don’t think the risk on a ship would be any higher than on land, but as long as social distancing is required to some degree, cruise ships would have to come up with a plan on how they could implement that on a cruise. I think it’s possible starting with reduced passenger loads, but the cruise line would need a plan that not only works, but is also affordable financially as well. 

By far the biggest obstacle (other than the bashing) that they have to overcome.  The truth is that while they can start soft and with SD, to maintain it probably is not tenable, at some point (like on land) they will need to return to a more “normal existence” with some variations.  Not sure hand shakes will happen in the rest of my time on this planet, as example.